• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017

DeSantis is continuing his streak of being the worst and offering "solutions" that are worse than doing nothing by half-assing the response to the virus at every level. Certainly a great way to increase the likelihood of vaccine-resistant new virus mutations.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm legitimately surprised he even suggested to take the vaccine in the first place. He's been one of the worst governors with Covid.

OP
OP
Taffy Lewis

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
And he had the police raid the house of that scientist that was releasing the real Florida Covid numbers. Just despicable behavior all around.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
That's literally not how that vaccine works. Are you really gonna try and fucking cheap out on buying the dang vaccine?

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

DeSantis is continuing his streak of being the worst and offering "solutions" that are worse than doing nothing by half-assing the response to the virus at every level. Certainly a great way to increase the likelihood of vaccine-resistant new virus mutations.

giphy.gif

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know his reasoning but I have heard epidemiologists argue that we should be distributing one found of vaccine to the population first for herd immunity outcomes rather than better individual outcomes.

That the success rate of the first vaccine makes it the better population plan.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Geez, for once Florida can you not elect a Governor that feasts on human suffering like they were at a $10 a seat buffet? From bad to equally bad.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Good grief, I know tribalism and all but how to so many people look at this guy and think "Yep, he's a good leader"?

DeSantis is a mass murderer. Period.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
OK now I'm convinced DeSantis is a foreign agent sent to destroy the US from within. Before this I thought he was just stupid.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
How is it that this dude is constantly wrong side of everything? Rhetorical question, obviously.

Scientists that develop vaccine: "You need two doses"
Desantis w/ no knowledge whatsoever: "One's fine"

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
This was my biggest concern living in this shit hole state in getting the vaccine.

Accessibility and Trump's bastard son

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I want to share this, but is this "floridapolitics.com" the only source of this quote?

Literally not seeing this anywhere else, even in AP coverage of his comments.

Hayvic

Oct 27, 2017
Irresponsible thing to say in his position and it serves no purpose, but it's not total nonsense

The vaccine has some effectiveness after only one dose

The new information shows it has benefits even after the first dose, with an effectiveness of more than 50 percent about a week later. While useful, Poland said it will be important to follow through with that second dose to "significantly boost the immune response."

Oct 27, 2017
No state should obviously be "winging it" and trying out a one dose policy, but Pfizer's results really do show significant protection ~10 days after the first dose. Something like 80%. The "50%" result includes the first seven days after inoculation when there was no difference between the groups, which is kind of already assumed.

We can't do it because we didn't test for it, and we definitely don't know how long one dose lasts, but we maybe should have gotten more robust results for it.