• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
Have any wrestlers said anything. Is anyone questioning this. I expected more tweets in this thread of them being bashed on by the media.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
lol I'm sure Vince added a little extra money so AEW couldn't be claimed as essential.

I bet Vince promised two WMs in the next five years will take place in Florida, plus other extras.
AEW is considered an essential too as with all pro sports. Hell, AEW's Double or Nothing is on May 23rd and they haven't announced a hold on that. They're still doing this wrestling thing in the mix of it all. They'll probably be back in Florida sometime too given they do have homebase there in Jacksonville.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is, WWE's writing is so fucking abysmal that even with being the only competitor in town while also being endorsed by the government could get good ratings in a situation where you ant watch live content anywhere

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
18.5 million buys you business.

In a story that is getting some mainstream news traction, it appears as if Linda McMahon, who is currently running a pro-Trump Super PAC for his re-election, committed to spending $18.5 million in the state of Florida on the same day (April 9th) that Florida designated WWE as an essential business which then allowed Vince McMahon to announce on April 10th that WWE will resume live TV broadcasts from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL.

Florida journalists Jon Alba and Stephanie Coueignoux broke the news on Twitter, noting that Florida designated WWE as an "essential business" due to its impact on the state's economy, but WWE will, of course, not be allowing fans in to the TV tapings.

Surely a coincidence.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif
You have to cut off every single red state at this point.

Oct 29, 2017
AEW is considered an essential too as with all pro sports. Hell, AEW's Double or Nothing is on May 23rd and they haven't announced a hold on that. They're still doing this wrestling thing in the mix of it all. They'll probably be back in Florida sometime too given they do have homebase there in Jacksonville.
Both companies imo, are being really irresponsible. Neither company should run shows at all. They're risking their talent and production staffs lives for money.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Both companies imo, are being really irresponsible. Neither company should run shows at all. They're risking their talent and production staffs lives for money.
100%, it's so stupid. We don't need wrestling during this time at all. It's not as important as real essential businesses. Me? I work in healthcare and these days most of the things I do relate to Covid-19. When I'm placing these orders for products knowing that it's being sent to infected patients I feel that.

So when I hear that wrestling is somehow as essential as what I do? When I'm placing these orders? It's so damn dumb. Idiotic.