• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 26, 2018
I'd say "How is this not fraud" but my very next thought is "DeSantis probably came out and made it the duty of every Floridian to put fake candidates on the ballot so NBD"

Like, christ, how does this even happen...

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We all know GOP deliberately tried to sabotaged the election, and still lost.

The problem is IF the democrats will do anything about this?

Jul 20, 2018
This was attempted in the UK in the past, but it was blocked I believe. The attempts involved setting up the 'Conversative Party' to try to take votes from the Conservative Party. Also I think someone tried to stand in a seat held by the Liberal Democrats as a 'Literal Democrat'.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting that the fake candidate got more votes than the difference between the "winning" R candidate and the real D candidate

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
So I read this yesterday, and it's important to note that nowhere in the article does it state that the GOP is responsible for this

Here's the conclusion:
The end of the money trail leaves no information on who is ultimately funding at least three candidates for Florida Senate who did no campaigning and no fundraising, whose presence in the race might have recalculated the number of voters who cast votes for the Democrats in the race.

Now the damning thing for the Republicans here is that the people they put up for election are registered republicans, so it's definitely likely, but at this point there's no proof.

Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
......I have no words. Fuck the GOP. I hope there's a way to throw the book at them for this shit.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Local 10 visited Rodriguez's place of business Tuesday, where Rodriguez lied about his identity. Pretending to be a business partner, Rodriguez shed little light on his sudden candidacy in the District 37 race and lack of fundraising or campaigning.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
At this point you have to realize that GOP as an organization is authoratarian (aspects of it like Trump and his allies are bordering on Fascist) and thus they share a disdain for democratic values. The sooner people face this reality, the better.

Also next time any Republican gets on their high horse about liberties and the constitution show them this shit and the shit that has gone on for the past 4 years.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
At this point you have to realize that GOP as an organization is authoratarian (aspects of it like Trump and his allies are bordering on Fascist) and thus they share a disdain for democratic values. The sooner people face this reality, the better.

Also next time any Republican gets on their high horse about liberties and the constitution show them this shit and the shit that has gone on for the past 4 years.

If people don't end up in jail, it won't change.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This was probably funded by dark money groups/GOP donors. Nothing to directly tie the GOP to it.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
This. Couldn't even pass it here in MA tho smfh.

TBF, this year wasn't the best year to propose a major change to how voting works in Massachusetts. Between the pandemic, the introduction of state-wide mail-in voting, and Trump & Co through FUD into the election process, voters weren't in the mood to greenlight further election law changes.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Told you. There will always be fuckery in this state because every level of our state government is run by corrupt pieces of shit.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
how is that legal?

ah right, 2020.

gentlemens agreement probably asks you to promise its a real person when you sign their fake signature to get them on the ballot.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
If people don't end up in jail, it won't change.

Sadly I don't think that will happen. On top of all the US political problems (dark money in politics, anti-democratic actions like this, elected/life-appointed judges, non-proportional system, etc.) now you also have to deal with a bunch of people who have become radicalized by Trump and their social media surrogates over the past few years and are seemingly living in an alternative reality (imagine what some of these crazies will do if someone higher up like Trump is arrested).

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Is this about the senate of the US? Or is this "only" locally in Florida? I ask because of the name "State Senate". I doubt that anything can be done about this though, as long as the fake candidates are actual people of that name (and agreed to it).

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
TBF, this year wasn't the best year to propose a major change to how voting works in Massachusetts. Between the pandemic, the introduction of state-wide mail-in voting, and Trump & Co through FUD into the election process, voters weren't in the mood to greenlight further election law changes.
When you lay it all out like that it's hard to argue I guess I just thought it would be a slam dunk up here.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
How can someone that doesn't exist get on the ballot. Like surely there is a way to prevent that,

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I assume this is illegal? If not, what prevents (besides ethics) someone from creating a "MAGA Candidate" who espouses over the top racist white supremacist views just to get the far right and split the GOP vote?