• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
https://www.rawstory.com/police-brutality-2656410384/

A police sergeant in Florida has been placed on desk duty after video showed him assaulting a fellow officer who was trying to de-escalate a Black man's arrest.

The body cam video shows Sunrise police Sgt. Christopher Pullease threatening the suspect with pepper spray, and engaging in a verbal altercation with him, after he'd already been taken into custody and placed in the back of a patrol car.

After a 28-year-old female officer grabs Pullease by the back of his belt and tries to pull him away, he turns around and briefly puts his hand around her throat, before grabbing her by the vest and pushing her against another patrol car.

Pullease then returns to the patrol car where the suspect is detained, opening and closing the door, before pointing his finger at the female officer and walking away.

Imagine choking out a co-worker and all you do is get re-assigned.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
A perfectly normal reaction to have. I'd probably give that guy a gun and a whole lot of authority.

I'm watching a movie, so I'll add that my comment was obvious sarcasm before I come back to a million messages

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
She'll leave the job within a year or two and he'll be back on duty.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
if anyone did this to a coworker… or just anyone… at another job, they'd be fired and likely face assault charges. unbelievable

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
21+ years of arresting, injuring and harassing innocent people, 21+ years of abusing his power.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't help but notice that the guy in custody just so happens to be black...

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a teacher. Can't imagine I would get reassigned if I did this to a coworker.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember, these fucks aren't just racist, they beat their wives/children. They are just scum all around.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Someday we'll stop being surprised that the racist institution acts in racist ways.

May 14, 2021
Reminds of this story:

www.chicagotribune.com

Fired Buffalo police officer who contends she stopped another cop from choking a man finds new support — in Chicago

The arts collective at the Inner-City Muslim Action Network on Chicago’s Southwest Side supports artists from across the country, encouraging them to inspire change through storytelling. But …
That was my first thought too. She'll be gone soon and the abuser will remain on the job, because he's doing the job "better" than she does.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I can't remember who made the video, but I remember a YouTube video showed multiple examples at how cops excel at pushing out anyone who tries to actual change anything about how they operate from within. Guess we'll have another one to the list shortly. Fuck the cops, man.

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember who made the video, but I remember a YouTube video showed multiple examples at how cops excel at pushing out anyone who tries to actual change anything about how they operate. Guess we'll have another one to the list shortly. Fuck the cops, man.
So it's more of a "you don't have the resources to change or punish us" thing than them "lawfully"being able to be this corrupt?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
She'll leave the job within a year or two and he'll be back on duty.
Yep the catch 22. Any good officers like this cop here will feel intense pressure to quit while the asshole cop silently moves back on patrol in a year once eyes go away.

Thus the system of acab remains. Any decent people get weeded out and the bad ones are rewarded.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The police sergeant is totally not someone with domestic violence problems.

I wonder who the police union will defend.

I wonder who will be bullied/harassed out by others in the department.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
User Banned (3 Days): Body shaming
image.png

These guys always look the same. Note: obese body out of frame

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Lol I think we know.

Police unions will find it far more offensive if this officer doesnt shut up about this and let it go than another officer being choked over a Black individual. Officers not getting in line is like the ultimate offense and how their system of oppression without consequences cracks if they allow it.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Outside of latent (or blatant) bigotry - which is far too common - there are just a lot of people that whenever tension is high they respond really poorly under that strain. These people should not be cops. I don't know that there is a way to screen for this behavior, but ignoring it once you have evidence like this and just reassigning is an awful way to address this.

Nov 3, 2020
nothing about this is surprising and just serves to reinforce my generalized distrust and hatred of a state sponsored, militarized gang designed to enforce the status quo.

this will be more good evidence added to the pile (which will promptly be ignored by white suburbanites who insist this is the way it has to be).

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Turning around and lashing out is a sign of someone who lacks impulse control and absolutely should not be someone who owns deadly weapons. How many innocent people has he severely injured? Does he have a wife and children? Are they safe? I have so many doubts

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Outside of latent (or blatant) bigotry - which is far too common - there are just a lot of people that whenever tension is high they respond really poorly under that strain. These people should not be cops. I don't know that there is a way to screen for this behavior, but ignoring it once you have evidence like this and just reassigning is an awful way to address this.
This is the PERFECT job for them. You can do whatever you want with no real punishment and you have a faction of the citizenry that believe you to be an infallible hero.

Edit: To put it bluntly, the way the system works attracts this trash like flies to dung.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Yup. If he's this egregious guaranteed his 'file' has multiple victims that are living in fear from people he knows intimately to people he pulled over while having a bad day.

ACAB

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
They can and do screen for it. Problem is, these are exactly the kind of traits they are looking for.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to be honest here, I wish the female cop would have shot and killed the male cop out of fear for her life.

What a glorious moment that could have been. Fuck him, those like him, and those that protect them.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Yup. If he's this egregious guaranteed his 'file' has multiple victims that are living in fear from people he knows intimately to people he pulled over while having a bad day.
ACAB

Seems like this is a bad thread to say ACAB when the thread itself is about an exception to that rule. AACAB (almost all cops are bad) may be more appropriate.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
You all just don't know the pressure of being a white man with power. He should get a medal for not actually killing her

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine having a job where you can choke you're coworker, who also happens to be a woman that you're twice the size of, and you aren't immediately terminated.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
If I did that too one of my coworkers I would be fired and In jail. He is definitely not fit to be a police officer.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Seems like this is a bad thread to say ACAB when the thread itself is about an exception to that rule. AACAB (almost all cops are bad) may be more appropriate.

I don't think it is. ACAB is about the institution itself which upholds white supremacy. If they work for the institution, they help uphold white supremacy.