• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I want to know which japanese person leaked it?? Doesn't look like 4chan, but you peaked my curiousity

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

This one for the date issue
www.resetera.com

Looks like Nintendo internal dev servers may have been hacked, multiple leaks appearing

I think it's supposed to be Koizumi. That image combined with the date shown in this other leaked screenshot (June 10th) imply that Flipnote was supposed to be tied to the E3 Direct.

And other pictures
www.resetera.com

Looks like Nintendo internal dev servers may have been hacked, multiple leaks appearing

Howdy, I compiled the images/theories in a post in the Flipnote thread, which also has other pics that hint at Skyward Sword etc. (So dampflokfreund you will be happy they mention Zelda but maybe not happy which Zelda is mentioned...)...
www.resetera.com

A Switch version of Flipnote Studios (Nintendo's drawing/clip making app) may have leaked (UP: April Fools joke)

True. Nintendo probably also wanted Switch to be seen as a "home console you can take on the go" during its early years and smaller games like Brain Training or Clubhouse Games would have been detrimental. In a way, the Switch Lite + Animal Crossing combo has been like a second launch of...

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
That's not just any Mario hat, that's an Odyssey hat. So Odyssey related announcements instead? Anyone translate the speech bubble?

Guru_Godzilla

Jul 10, 2018
I could see them announcing flipnote studio first then announcing some or many games using drawn pics first like in the picture

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
How do we know that's true?
we don't know if its real. it was believed to have been found during the leak of nintendo server along with other flipnote related pics found.(seen in the other thread about Flipnotes)
it could just be fun things from people working on the flipnote game for all we know. could just be an elaborate fake as well

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Imagine getting a new release of Giftpia before an official English release of Mother 3.
Imagine living in that timeline.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
IIRC this pic isn't from the same source as the original Flipnote leak pic.
So take this with a big grain of salt

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Like I said in the other thread, I doubt that every single image is related to their June Direct. But I'd imagine that some of them are. The question is which ones are (besides the "E3 Direct" one, of course).

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not only Cappy, but the frog you capture too.

It's the flipnote frog, cos orange

And the hat could just be because Koizumi wearing an IRL cappy hat is pretty iconic

Not saying it's not Odyssey related, but I wouldn't say its confirmed either. Would be awesome to finally get proper DLC like a Luigi's Mansion Kingdom.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
No fake leak would even remember Giftpia exists so I am convinced

Yeah Giftpia being such an obscure Japanese only Nintendo title that doesn't have many at all pushing for it to come back in English makes me believe this might be real. It's honestly such a left-field choice that makes it totally something Nintendo would do.

Though the proximity to April 1st is making we extremely weary about it.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
Pikmin 4 was in development for years. Nintendo confirmed twice that it still was b eing worked on despite nothing to be shown during the Wii U and Switch years so far.

But a Pikmin 3 port has been widely rumored as well.

I was just wondering whether there was something specific about the Flipnote image that implied a new Pikmin rather than a port.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Giftpia being such an obscure Japanese only Nintendo title that doesn't have many at all pushing for it to come back in English makes me believe this might be real. It's honestly such a left-field choice that makes it totally something Nintendo would do.

Though the proximity to April 1st is making we extremely weary about it.

All those pics are from a few days ago, just saying. This is only getting traction now but it's not that recent.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the flipnote frog, cos orange

And the hat could just be because Koizumi wearing an IRL cappy hat is pretty iconic

Not saying it's not Odyssey related, but I wouldn't say its confirmed either. Would be awesome to finally get proper DLC like a Luigi's Mansion Kingdom.

Yeah that's probably true. Didn't even think about it because the background is also orange.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Which picture is this referring to? I don't see that in any of the pictures.

maybe this one. It does seem to be weird for Nintendo to spell it that way, it deviates from the way they spell on eShop which is using the Kanji 任天堂.

(just as an fyi, I've seen it spelled that way on twitter every so often but I don't remember it ever spelled like that from Nintendo)

lXAGRSG.png

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
But a Pikmin 3 port has been widely rumored as well.

I was just wondering whether there was something specific about the Flipnote image that implied a new Pikmin rather than a port.

It is one thing to be a rumor. Pikmin 4 is something Nintendo directly confirmed.

To be fair, looking at the picture I don't think waving your hand with 4 fingers is strong confirmation of the 4th entry being presented at e3.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You guys taking that image as game announcements are setting yourselves up for a fall.

Chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.