• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
friends don't let friends fly Frontier.

Dear friend,

Don't fly Frontier.
Oh Frontier.

I'm good fam.
Might as well shoot me out of a cannon with Frontier.
I don't get it. Last year I flew Frontier for the first time. I thought it was great, I had zero issues. It was actually the flight back with American that was much much worse. What's so bad about Frontier?

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I think I might bite the bullet and go to England finally from NJ. It's like $330 roundtrip in May. Fucking steal. Just need to find somewhere to stay in London? 🤔

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Ableist language, attacking the community, prior severe infractions
I don't get it. What's so bad about Frontier?

It's the wealthy Ree elite looking down their nose. Literally that's it. Nobody else outside this site gives a fuck what airline you fly on.

I've flown Spirit, Frontier, Southwest, whatever. It's a seat on an airplane so I can get across the country in a few hours for half the price of anything else. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Imagine booking a trip with someone in real life and them scoffing at the choice in airline lol.

Mar 3, 2019
It's the wealthy Ree elite looking down their nose. Literally that's it. Nobody else outside this site gives a fuck what airline you fly on.

I've flown Spirit, Frontier, Southwest, whatever. It's a seat on an airplane so I can get across the country in a few hours for half the price of anything else. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Imagine booking a trip with someone in real life and them scoffing at the choice in airline lol.

Exactly, I fly spirit all the time and its just fine, it gets you from point A to point B like all flights. I fly delta and united occasionally as well when going to hawaii to visit family, but the quality difference between those 2 tiers is not that much, and I say that as a 6'2 dude.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder why...

https://www.youinvest.co.uk/article...irline-stocks-lose-41-billion-value-one-month

As investors try to work out what could be the short- and long-term impact of the COVID-19 outbreak upon the global economy, corporate profits and therefore share prices one sector in particular has taken a fearsome battering. The global airline sector's market capitalisation has dropped by $40.6 billion, or 25%, in the last month alone.

The only ones flying now are those that pretty much have to. My wife and I killed all plans of flying anywhere for at least the next year plus.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

Or maybe we've just had bad experiences and rather avoid the airline unless it's a last resort.

No nevermind, you're right, we're just rich elitist assholes.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe we've just had bad experiences and rather avoid the airline unless it's a last resort.

No nevermind, you're right, we're just rich elitist assholes.

I guess for every bad experience there are good ones? I've flown Frontier at least 5 times now and have never had an issue. They provide direct flights out of Buffalo that save me a ton of time and money. So with that in mind I don't care about paying for my seat selection, my luggage, or a snack/drink.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Exactly, I fly spirit all the time and its just fine, it gets you from point A to point B like all flights. I fly delta and united occasionally as well when going to hawaii to visit family, but the quality difference between those 2 tiers is not that much, and I say that as a 6'2 dude.
The couple times I've flown Spirt haven't been bad at all. I'm 5'9 and every time my GR2 has passed the personal item test which is all I ever really carry anyways. If it's the cheapest I don't really care the problem with them is their low number of flights.

Also just booked a trip to San Diego in May, $91 each way is the cheapest I've seen on Southwest.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
The wife and I are going to London and Paris this week (from Florida) for 8 days

We bought the tickets like 5 months ago, if I knew I coulda just waited for a viral outbreak and gotten cheap flights I never would have clicked that button!!

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I guess for every bad experience there are good ones? I've flown Frontier at least 5 times now and have never had an issue. They provide direct flights out of Buffalo that save me a ton of time and money. So with that in mind I don't care about paying for my seat selection, my luggage, or a snack/drink.

That's great.

I never told anyone here that their good experiences never mattered.

Plus in some instances after paying for bags it came out to the same price or more than some American flights that allowed one free carry on.

I'm not coming on here to tell anyone how to fly it's just weird to see people feel personally attacked for not like their airline.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
There's reasons to be weary of spirit and frontier, they'll give all fuck about you if they cancel your flight, got stuck in Baltimore once had to pay my own hotel and flight back on another airline because spirit only offered to refund my lost flight.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
DO not want to keep my flight to NOLA with Spirit for April. Has anyone had any experience with Hopper? They offer an 80% refund but I want the full damn thing back lol

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I know a few pilots from low cost airlines who haven't gotten paid for weeks.

Yeah, I'm wondering if the virus could wipe-out low cost carriers across the board. So many are already struggling and they have such low margins. On the other hand, fuel price is also crashing so they have that going for them.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's great.

I never told anyone here that their good experiences never mattered.

Plus in some instances after paying for bags it came out to the same price or more than some American flights that allowed one free carry on.

I'm not coming on here to tell anyone how to fly it's just weird to see people feel personally attacked for not like their airline.

Then it's equally as weird for people to come on here telling people not to fly these same airlines.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Are you very short? Because I'm over 6 feet tall and can tell you that flights like Spirit and Frontier are nightmares for me and that's just referring to their seats.

I don't see anyone slamming Southwest.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm flying to Italy for my honeymoon on Norwegian in June should I be more worried about all flights to Italy being grounded or Norwegian not existing?

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I have flown Spirit almost 10 times now and save for a one time 2hr delay that was clearly due to weather its always been pleasant. Yeah their seats aren't comfy but that's my only gripe. The staff on the plane were always awesome and fun.

I've had more issues with bigger airlines than smaller ones but I'm sure YMMV.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
I got flights in May to Barcelona and Paris. Afraid they are going to get cancelled on their own.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
honestly as of a week or so ago flights didn't really look cheap to me. will check again

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Flights from Orlando aren't too great for the most part. People still coming to and leaving from Disney World and Universal.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Once I flew home from FL to NY via Spirit. I was at the edge of my seat the whole flight. Felt that plane was gonna come apart any minute with the squeaking going on.

Edit : from Chicago my bad.

Jul 18, 2018
Chicago San Fran for $220 roundtrip via United . End of May
Chicago to Paris to India, roundtrip: $710 via Air France. August 15-September

Found these via Google flights. Cheaper than the others

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm only flying Frontier because it was the only way to get from Phoenix to Washington DC without it arriving the next day or leaving super early.

If I had booked now, I could have saved some $80.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I really can't stress how little luxury I have in my day to day life. Frontier was like a bus. It was fine. I got there. It was cheap. I was happy.
Yeah, besides the seats being a bit uncomfortable, I just don't see why people want to spend ~$200 more on a round trip ticket just to get a bit more comfortable trip and some chips and a Coke on a 2-3 hour flight. I rather have the $200 in my pocket. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, besides the seats being a bit uncomfortable, I just don't see why people want to spend ~$200 more on a round trip ticket just to get a bit more comfortable trip and some chips and a Coke on a 2-3 hour flight. I rather have the $200 in my pocket. 🤷🏽‍♂️
As a 6'2 guy at 240 pounds flying Spirit or Frontier wrecks me. I'd rather pay Southwest or Jetblue, or if no other option just get the big seat at spirit.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this drop in price has been great. I have to head home for a big family event in May and it was during a holiday weekend. Prices have dropped like a rock since I was looking two weeks ago. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to make it.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
As a 6'2 guy at 240 pounds flying Spirit or Frontier wrecks me. I'd rather pay Southwest or Jetblue, or if no other option just get the big seat at spirit.
You see, this is a completely valid reason to do it. But I've heard some people say that they won't use Spirit because "they don't have a monitor on the headrests and they charge you for snacks!". Guess what, JetBlue is charging you for those every time you book a flight.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you very short? Because I'm over 6 feet tall and can tell you that flights like Spirit and Frontier are nightmares for me and that's just referring to their seats.

I don't see anyone slamming Southwest.

I'm 6'1 and about 215, never had an issue on any flights before.

I just lump Southwest in with "discount" airlines because the price is usually the same (but they offer a few more perks) and I've also seen it raked on here as an "inferior" airline in lots of previous air travel threads.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Man, round trip from Atlanta to Vegas is starting to dip below $300 for actual pick-your-seat Economy (and nearing $200 for basic economy)
God damn. Tempting...