• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it is better than the remake we got some years ago.

jmsebastian

Nov 14, 2019
What a weird series to bring back. First, Flashback has a sequel...which was not good. And the remake was horrendous. I love Flashback, but I have a hard time imagining there's much of a target audience for this.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Fade to Black a sequel to Flashback? I barely remember the story anymore though.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer looks really awkward but hopefully all that weird camera stuff isn't in the actual game. The original was one of my favourite games in the early '90s so I'm crossing my fingers this turns out well.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I love Flashback, but that might have been the worst trailer I have ever seen.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit, this is the most interesting thing to me that's appeared so far.

Wasn't Fade to Black a sequel to Flashback? I barely remember the story anymore though.
It was; continued Conrad Hart's story and everything.

This seems to be highlighting the sequel in gameplay terms as well, though.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
The original Flashback is one of my favorite games, but I don't think my thoughts on what is good about it lines up with those of the creators.

Hope the new game is good for those who likes whatever this ends up being, but I can already tell from the trailer that I don't need to bother with this game.

Oct 27, 2017
"Finally getting sequel 30 years later" except that there was a sequel called Fade to Black(which was pretty ass).

Anyway, that was a shit trailer. All the footage was on off angle screens floating around. Need to see more. Its hard to nail that 90s sci fi feel it had.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Love the original flashback, hope this game turns out great but yeah this trailer could of been better.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Microids announces Flashback 2

Other then official announcment of platforms and release date there's no information ATM. Cannot wait, Flashback was one of greatest games of early 90s.

They've announced it year ago

Paulogy

Oct 25, 2017
After Fade to Black and the Flashback remake I'm a bit skeptical, but I'd rather have them take another crack at making a new Flashback than not, I suppose. If they can capture what made the original good, maybe third time's the charm?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Not really feeling it. :( However, for fans of the original style of game, don't forget about Lunark, which is coming out later this year.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I loved Flashback on Sega Genesis. When I first played it, I had no idea what the game was supposed to be. Eventually I got hooked.

So I'm definitely going to give this a try.

I played Fade to Black and didn't really get into it lol.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look too hot but the trailer was shit and the actual game maybe ends up good. I played recently the original after so many years, got it on the last gen port and it was fun remembering it. Hope it turns out good.

Oct 26, 2017
I love the original and played it the other day on the A500 Mini, and it still holds up 30 years later.

Fade to Black was made before 3D was figured out, and the modern remake was an utter insult in every way, shape and form. So forgive me if I'm very sceptical about this.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I had Flashback for the Genesis and played a ton of it.

Hopefully this is decent. Looks like a good fit for Steam Deck.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Re-announcement, more like it.
Also, as stated Flashback already had a sequel.
Also also... it had two sequels, but the third was never released.
Finally: the 2's placement on the logo makes it read like ''Flashback Squared". I wonder if that's on purpose.

I love the original and played it the other day on the A500 Mini, and it still holds up 30 years later.

Fade to Black was made before 3D was figured out, and the modern remake was an utter insult in every way, shape and form. So forgive me if I'm very sceptical about this.
I suppose we should be worried if the same team behind the remake is working on this sequel.
The remaster turned out pretty good though, I really should get back to that one... I left off somewhere in the city area.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Flashback (SNES) gave me the creeps. I also sucked at it. But maybe I should give it another shot before this comes out.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love Flashback but man, from what I can make out from this weird trailer it looks absolutely terrible. Like, much worse than the bad remake.

Lower your expectations, everyone.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, the only good Flashback was the original. Everything that has come out since has not been great so going to keep expectations loooooooooow for this one.