• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Surely this means DeSantis would volunteer to spend a significant amount of time in a classroom, since it's so safe, right?

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Just ignore all those schools who have already had cases with children, teachers, and parents getting it. The smart thing to do.

I hate these guys.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its been 8 months. Its possible that ignoring it and making up lies is just not going to work on this problem.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Are we forgetting about the potential carriers, who can potentially harm weaker family members when they come back home from their daily life.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
How is there still any sane people with access to highly qualified medical professional advice still saying this?

Wait nvm that's rhetorical

Oct 27, 2017
Floriduh is such a dysfunctional fucking mess. DeathSantis is just the culmination of the last 30 years of apathy and stupidity exhibited by this state's citizens

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
www.tampabay.com

PolitiFact: Ron DeSantis says COVID-19 is a lower risk for school-aged kids than flu

COVID-related rates of hospitalization and death for children are lower than those of seasonal influenza.

Lower huh?? Want to bet your life on this? How many infections or deaths will NEED to happen before he is forced to retract these comments?

"My kids would go to brick&Mortar if they were old enough"

Yeah.......right..... :-/
Lower for them doesn't mean lower for grandma! And who do they visit? Ain't Desantis that's for sure, his breath doesn't smell like coffee but like Trump's ass. Zoomers and the generation after them, can only take so much as a smell assault. A smellsault!

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
It's not only about the kids getting it, it's about them spreading it to their older family members at home, along with teachers and staff.

A low mortality rate on kids does little good when they end up infecting their grandparents.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god kids in Florida live by themselves and have no parents or grandparents to watch over them.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Economy: Tanked
COVID Cases: Rising
Race Relations: In Tatters
Kids Back in School: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Having kids in school is practically the only thing Republicans can actually force into existence; consequences be damned!

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
It's not only about the kids getting it, it's about them spreading it to their older family members at home, along with teachers and staff.

A low mortality rate on kids does little good when they end up infecting their grandparents.
And it's a poor comparison because kids have been shielded since this happened.

go ahead and stake what little reputation you have left on the numbers not increasing when you put them back in a petri dish.

He's still waiting for his apology I guess

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
www.tampabay.com

PolitiFact: Ron DeSantis says COVID-19 is a lower risk for school-aged kids than flu

COVID-related rates of hospitalization and death for children are lower than those of seasonal influenza.

Lower huh?? Want to bet your life on this? How many infections or deaths will NEED to happen before he is forced to retract these comments?

"My kids would go to brick&Mortar if they were old enough"

Yeah.......right..... :-/

I take issue with the "fact check". They add caveats that school hasn't been in sesssion but the other really important thing is we are comparing summer Covid cases against winter flu season. We have yet to see how kids do with Covid plus other winter ailments.

In addition the mortality rate comparison is complete garbage. 99% of the flu deaths are infants. Doing a mortality rate of younger than 24 years does jack all when looking at whether schools should open. Infants aren't in school. They should have at least compared statistics in the 5-17 range like hospitalizations but they didn't.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I hate this guy so much. My mother, up until last week, was a Florida school teacher. She decided to retire early and collect a lesser pension so as not to die for this motherfucker's pride. Her quote was, verbatim, "They're trying to kill us.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
DeathSantis continues to live up to his nickname. 😑
Half of our state could be dead and he still would ignore the reality.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I hate this guy so much. My mother, up until last week, was a Florida school teacher. She decided to retire early and collect a lesser pension so as not to die for this motherfucker's pride. Her quote was, verbatim, "They're trying to kill us.

I thought they were suing? The Teacher Union?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Must say the GOP made the switch from conservative party to fanatic death cult remarkably easy.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Why should we take the risk of any children getting sick when, in all likelihood, we're less than a year away from having an effective vaccine? Especially considering that we have no long term data on this disease. Comparing the effects on children to the flu is just pure speculation. We already have ample evidence that it can cause heart and brain damage in adults, so why doom an entire generation to a lifetime of potentially debilitating health issues?

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Why should we take the risk of any children getting sick when, in all likelihood, we're less than a year away from having an effective vaccine? Especially considering that we have no long term data on this disease. Comparing the effects on children to the flu is just pure speculation. We already have ample evidence that it can cause heart and brain damage in adults, so why doom an entire generation to a lifetime of potentially debilitating health issues?

Because the Republican party only cares about one thing.

Exploiting and extracting as much money from you as they can until you're no longer useful to them (ie to old to work or dead).

They want schools opened back up so mom and dad can return to work.

Safety be damned, the economy is more important and people should make sacrifices for it is their line of thinking.

It's fucked up.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
There should be people every day that scream on this dude whenever he says dumb shit like this. I hate how these people are able to speak with no challenge. Call him out

Oct 27, 2017
All these school comments act like children are in an NBA bubble...

It always has zero regard for teachers/parents/grand-parents/etc....

We still have no definitive answer on if children are less transmissible (we already know that children have a higher viral load, regardless of symptomatic presentation. Link 1, Link 2)

This is just plugging ears and screaming, "Na-na-na-na-na!"

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Have we tried fashioning a living barrier out these highly resistant children?

Like every other complex problem in America, I believe the solution to COVID-19 is to Build the Wall.