• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I really thought he was getting better, after his run last year he seemed to really be crushing it.

I don't think he'll ever not have all these problems.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of people saying he's not denying it, and that's really not true. He's admitting to having issues and being a general asshole, but that's it.

Presented with a detailed account of the claims that the women made against him, in interviews and subsequently in the lawsuit, Mr. LaBeouf, responding in a separate email, wrote that "many of these allegations are not true." But, he continued, he owed the women "the opportunity to air their statements publicly and accept accountability for those things I have done."

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
I respect him for being honest and not making excuses. Hardly anyone would actually say how it is. Hope he get's what he deserves. But I wish him help as well. Think he would be able to turn it around.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I respect him for being honest and not making excuses. Hardly anyone would actually say how it is. Hope he get's what he deserves. But I wish him help as well. Think he would be able to turn it around.

I have to believe that people can change. I hope he can. If not I hope his career never recovers from this.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've never liked Shia, but I also had heard stories about his struggles with abuse and substance abuse, so I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and hoped he'd get help.

Not surprised in the least that it turns out he's a piece of shit. You can own up to it all you want, but that doesn't erase the horror that you put these people through, Shia. "Sorry," just isn't good enough.

I feel so bad for Twigs, and I hope she has a good support system to help her process her trauma and heal.

What a douchebag. It pisses me off that he's completely aware that he's an abusive shithead, yet it doesn't stop him from getting into a relationship and abusing his partner. Disgusting.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
And if I can repeat my comment from a few posts up, he broadly denies most of the specific allegations. Folks sure are eager to have sympathy for him though...
People will forgive any weirdo as long as they made something they liked. Like Roman Polanski got convicted of raping a kid and as long as Chinatown is still in his filmography people will play devil's advocate forever. Lebouf was a big enough part of enough people, especially boys, childhoods/teen that he'll get infinite chances with the public. Like, "He brutally attacked her, but have you seen 'Holes'? It really changed my life for the better."

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People will forgive any weirdo as long as they made something they liked. Like Roman Polanski got convicted of raping a kid and as long as Chinatown is still in his filmography people will play devil's advocate forever. Lebouf was a big enough part of enough people, especially boys, childhoods/teen that he'll get infinite chances with the public. Like, "He brutally attacked her, but have you seen 'Holes'? It really changed my life for the better."

Christ, imaging white-knighting for the dude who's biggest claim to fame is Indy 4 and motherfucking Transformers.

Some people...

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So he basically never got past that crazy phase and actually got crazier. Just fooled people I guess and covered it up?

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Christ, imaging white-knighting for the dude who's biggest claim to fame is Indy 4 and motherfucking Transformers.

Some people...
I'm not white knighting or making excuses for him but man I used to watch his disney show when I was like 10 and he was like the hottest actor out for kids during the 2000s.

Its like seeing a childhood friend you idolized just crashing and burning for like 10 years and you think they finally got it together and nope, hope lost he's been a monster, from a sweet kid and charming dude to a fucking monster.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not white knighting or making excuses for him but man I used to watch his disney show when I was like 10 and he was like the hottest actor out for kids during the 2000s.

Its like seeing a childhood friend you idolized just crashing and burning for like 10 years and you think they finally got it together and nope, hope lost he's been a monster, from a sweet kid and charming dude to a fucking monster.

My bad, I can totally understand that. I went through the same thing when I found out Kevin Sorbo was a Fundamentalist MAGA loser.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017

Some people...
It's the power of parasoical relationships. People will defend an entertainer because they feel like they have a true friendship. If it was some young GOP congressman who did the same, or less, there'd be a less sympathy than there is for someone people have a "bond" with like Lebouf.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Hope Shia is punished appropriately. I've been there myself before and it's a fucked up thing to go through. Glad she's finally got free from that situation.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That is really fucked. Hope FKA Twigs gets justice. Respect to her coming out to speak up about this. I didn't even know she was with him, thought it was still Robert Pattinson.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Not him too :(

At this rate... i really feel like at least 80% of Hollywood are in this boat, and it's really just a matter of WHEN, not if, something like this comes out for just about everybody in the film industry.

Clearly something is just systemically wrong with that industry, and/or it kinda comes with stardom and expectations etc. unless... most regular people are also secretly abusers and whatnot, which i doubt is true.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to believe his whole reform story of being a fucked up child star. The "just do it!" video was pretty telling but he marketed himself pretty successfully after that.

Fuck off Shia.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Not him too :(

At this rate... i really feel like at least 80% of Hollywood are in this boat, and it's really just a matter of WHEN, not if, something like this comes out for just about everybody in the film industry.

Clearly something is just systemically wrong with that industry, and/or it kinda comes with stardom and expectations etc. unless... most regular people are also secretly abusers and whatnot, which i doubt is true.

To be fair, Shia is probably the least surprising celebrity to turn out to be a piece of shit. He definitely needs help (and be punished).

Oct 20, 2018
Every time I think that Shia LaBeouf has redeemed himself something like this comes out. Now with optics and everything like that, you know he can apologize and look like he's redeemed himself down the line but it happens so much you know he'll end up doing some off the wall shit again.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Yeah, this guy needs fucking psychiatric help ASAP.

If he's been killing animals, abusing women, and lacking empathy, it sounds like he may start killing people.

FKA Twigs, I want the best for you.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
I am sick of his whole "Troubled artist" shtick. Just because you have a fucked up childhood it doesn't give one the right to be an abusive asshole towards others. It also completely negates all the talent hey may have.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That thread was a fucking ride. Holy shit.

Thought he needed help before, but that fucker needs to be jailed before he hurts something more than a dog.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this. Never in the man's entire career did he give any hint of being anything more than a mediocre actor who lucked the fuck out because Spielberg liked him (and we saw how quickly his career plummeted the moment that affection ended).
Because I followed him outside of his acting and he seemed like an alright guy with some mental issues. Now I see that he's just genuinely fucked up and trash. I don't want to see his face again.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Those allegations are awful. His response is decent, rather than the usual "sorry if anyone felt hurt" non-apology bullshit. I hope he gets the help he needs and that anyone's who's suffered gets some form of resolution that allows them to move forward.