• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm just looking at the video clip looping on Spotify for "Sad Day"...

Homegirl got real good with her sword work.

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018

Maybe modern is not the good word, but EP2 came out in 2013 and still sounds fresh and sophisticated (in it's song structures and beats).

Nothing personally since EP2 came close to that "vibe". I could say the same for Arca's &&&&& or the Entrañas mixtape, thought there's some very good stuff on Mutant.

Mi goreng

Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne
yeah this isn't as good as her previous stuff. sounds like gaga at times

or maybe my tastes have changed

an instrumental version could be lush

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some beautiful tracks on this.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe modern is not the good word, but EP2 came out in 2013 and still sounds fresh and sophisticated (in it's song structures and beats).

Nothing personally since EP2 came close to that "vibe". I could say the same for Arca's &&&&& or the Entrañas mixtape, thought there's some very good stuff on Mutant.
Sure, I don't necessarily agree, but I see your point. I like when twigs gets weird and experimental. She's a really weird artist and has shown not just through her music, but also through her videos, that she has a lot of creative energy. Twigs has definitely turned more pop than electronic.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really feeling the kinda angelic hymn vibe she has going on this one.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Amazing album that envelops you in its vast, cavernous sounds while inviting you closer to its strange beauty. About a thousand times more sincerely spiritual and emotional than that other album about religion which came out last month.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing album that envelops you in its vast, cavernous sounds while inviting you closer to its strange beauty. About a thousand times more sincerely spiritual and emotional than that other album about religion which came out last month.
Big facts.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just listened to the whole album. I'll have to give it a few more listens but I get what people mean by it having a very Kate Bush or even a Björk sound.

It's experimental in a very soft, raw way—melodic and haunting and not as sexually edgy as her EPs or LP1. I love it.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, new Tennis single dropped today too. I'm in heaven with all this.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
I love the album. It lacks a bit of that glitchy techno abstractness that i love her for...but this is still very very good. One of the best albums of the year for me already

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But does Twigs name drop the IRS and how she's gotta sell overpriced goods so his billionaire family can eat????

smh, Twigs doesn't know the real struggle.

On topic, shout out to Michael Uzowuru and his work with pop artists. His work with Frank is a wonder, so I'm glad to see him and Twigs linked up.

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The album is fantastic, probably my favorite of the year. There's not a weak track on it, mirrored heart is the standout for me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely incredible. Twigs nailed her followup (though I'm slightly miffed she dropped the LP naming convention). In one of the profiles on her, the journalist mentioned Twigs would produce songs by adding everything and then methodically stripping non-essential elements away, and you can really hear it. Songs like "thousand eyes" and "cellophane" really show that minimalism off. In some ways, the production kinda reminds me of "blonde", where songs have their production stripped away in favor of Twigs filling that space with her voice in some form (barring "holy terrain").

In other words, it good. Please don't make us wait 5 years for a follow-up.