• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I still haven't played a single one of these games but HOLY FUCKING SHIT do I love all the lore.

Genuinely fascinating stuff in this franchise.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It actually looks really unique in gameplay. The idea of cat and mouse in a mall seems fun.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a kids game lol

From the first game to this artstyle wise is a huge loss

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Scott with that Glow Up. I see your RTX 😏
In case you guys haven't realized, FNAF is still HUGE.
The last trailer did 9m views on the PlayStation channel o_O
Not surprised Sony brought it back.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

And so is little nightmares and the earlier FNAFs

Yet it's art style is hilariously bright and goofy VA takes almost all the horror atompshere out.

If I must be specific I guess I have to say it looks like a kids version of an existing horror series that didn't need to tone down its artsyle or its voice acting to appeal to that same demographic in the first place.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I'm super not the target audience for this, but it looked super unrefined technically and also appeared to run like shit in the gameplay segments.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first FNAF that's a freely controlled traditional first person horror (like amnesia etc)?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think she is the first human ever shown on screen in the games.
20210225-171904.jpg

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
If I must be specific I guess I have to say it looks like a kids version of an existing horror series that didn't need to tone down its artsyle or its voice acting to appeal to that same demographic in the first place.

I think it's just a natural progression. The series was always about this killer kids attraction. I don't think they're toning it down (the series is already pretty popular) so much as reinterpret some of the concept. I'd be bored if it looked the same as the previous games.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I want to play this. Would this be a good starting place for someone that hasn't played any games in the series?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this game series was always totally hilarious bright. Such fun.
Its because a lot of that place was shourouded in darkness as will whole swaths of this game will be too. But at the end of the day, its a pizzaria haunted by anamatronics and there is an inherent cartoonishness to what is portrayed. The series turning that on its head and making it creepy and spooky IMO has always where the horror and creepy aspects came from.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've never played a FNAF game and I'm not a horror guy in general, but I really enjoyed the trailer for this. Environments look really cool.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I want to play this. Would this be a good starting place for someone that hasn't played any games in the series?

No clue, but probably. Every game is pretty standalone and works on its own. The continuity aspect is something you kinda have to dig for. And this time it's a totally different gameplay style from previous games.

It looks like a kids game lol

From the first game to this artstyle wise is a huge loss

Every FNAF has been dark and grimy, but this is doing something different. Considering the change in gameplay style, it makes sense. They're trying different things, which is the best way for the series to remain fresh and relevant. A lot of the fan games are pretty dark, so this sets it further apart from those and trying to be its own thing.

I'm not over the moon about how it looks, but I appreciate that it's trying to do something different.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best way is the latest installment Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, it gives you an idea of the narrative that usually these games have, while having the "best hits" of their game mechanics.
Later on, you could give a try to the other games to explore the lore on your own, chronologically, or via YT videos (Recaps, not theory ones :v )

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
I don't know anything about FNAF, but that's totally a monster in disguise.
The franchise has had, no joke

An instance of an animatronic being stuffed inside an actual, honest to God human being, and walking through crowded streets nonchanthly until it started to rot, and after the animatronic crawled out of him that same human being to STILL BE ALIVE enough time to be the main character on the next game.

So yeah, that theory? Not that out of reach, actually...

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

An instance of an animatronic being stuffed inside an actual, honest to God human being, and walking through crowded streets nonchanthly until it started to rot, and after the animatronic crawled out of him that same human being to STILL BE ALIVE enough time to be the main character on the next game.

I need to play these games.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
The best way is the latest installment Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted, it gives you an idea of the narrative that usually these games have, while having the "best hits" of their game mechanics.
Later on, you could give a try to the other games to explore the lore on your own, chronologically, or via YT videos (Recaps, not theory ones :v )
Hey! thanks for the tip.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't played a single one of these games but HOLY FUCKING SHIT do I love all the lore.

Genuinely fascinating stuff in this franchise.

Same. I've watched all the Game Theory videos on the series multiple times. Can't get enough of it lol. This game looks like it might be fun to play though!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

But that's just a theory.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
speaking of, walmart already has toys for this game on their site

d0434fc5-c755-458e-8871-3a61c12f67c5.f95dcfcf739745e5fcf93004b8e6f21b.jpeg

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played any of the games before, but I do like the narrative style with this one of playing as a child. The editing of the opening was creepy and great. I'm actually tempted to pick the previous games on the current PSN indie sale because of that trailer.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
there's some official toys for this game that might have spoilers, tho it's hard to tell for sure

just a heads up

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like ass. Walking Animations are terrible,which is something I've always admired the series for. The jump to 3d wasn't kind i guess.. Im sure it'll be budget priced tho.

Will play whens it lands on ps plus lol

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the Game Theory videos.

This looks like one I might actually would want to play but the artstyle of the animatronics don't look nearly as creepy as the old ones to me.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
1) I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the existence of a FNAF game not being based around the warping of a handful of JPEGs.

2) Whoa, actual human characters.

3) Has anyone ever been able to decipher the Kingdom Hearts level of convoluted that the plot in these games has become, or do folks just act like they know what's going on?