• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Was it worth it cost wise to do this plus the mods versus buying a DIY flat kit?

Well seeing as I only paid $199 for the cabinet and about $120 extra in parts to mod it, I would say yes. Even at $300 with an extra $120 I would say its worth it. I have the arcade cabinet I've always wanted in my home now.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Did you put a Pi in or leave it default?

I put a Pi in it. Leaving it default is tough since the sticks are sort of using a proprietary connector pin, so replacing those are hard. The buttons are easily swap-able though since they use the same standard connector pins. If you're going to fully replace all of the sticks and buttons, its easier just to throw a Pi in there and put whatever games you want on it.

Maxflier

Nov 22, 2017
Louisiana
Even though I know better (I have a Darkstalkers arcade that I barely ever touched), that MK one is going to be hard to resist. I dreamed of owning an MKII machine back in the day.
How is the sounds quality on these things? Because the sound was a big component of what made the MKII machine so awesome.

The_jMag

Nov 1, 2017

YouTube video posted up of the CES floor showing off the new cabs plus wall cabs and counter arcades. Look at the 4min mark, the cocktail SF cab is back. Shows 12 games on the box but half of them is taped off. Maybe some other Capcom fighters on there?

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Definitely getting that MK cabinet! I have the street fighter one and love it they are sending me the plastic deck cover and I spent $40 bucks and changed out the buttons for real Suzo Happ buttons. My stick have clear bottoms and feel good they "look" like sanwa sticks.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So that MK one definitely shows MK, MK2 and UMK. That would be the one I'd get, but I also know that MK isn't terribly deep and I'd probably get more use out of the Golden Tee one.

Those counter-top ones look pretty nice, but man those screens are tiny!

Golden Tee is actually a huge title.

These are really cute. I wonder if we'll see Arkanoid?
Because of the trackball? I'd love to see one that includes a spinner and Arkanoid, but I don't know what other games used it :/

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
I put a Pi in it. Leaving it default is tough since the sticks are sort of using a proprietary connector pin, so replacing those are hard. The buttons are easily swap-able though since they use the same standard connector pins. If you're going to fully replace all of the sticks and buttons, its easier just to throw a Pi in there and put whatever games you want on it.
Were your sticks black bottoms? Mine have clear bottoms and the same plug as the Senwa sticks like these. https://www.amazon.com/Sanwa-Denshi...eywords=sanwa+stick&psc=1&smid=A2LBJLASZ6BMMF

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
That Golden Tee one might do surprisingly well with certain sections of America. I hear it's pretty popular in non-standard game circles with middle-aged dads and the like, and they never get home ports.
Haha Friends and I would seek out bars with Golden Tee in them when we were in our 30's. Was just a fun game to go back and forth with and enjoy some beers.
So can someone explain these cabinets to me? I've seen cabinets around for a long time but very expensive. Are these cheaper, are they modded?

Oct 27, 2017

YouTube video posted up of the CES floor showing off the new cabs plus wall cabs and counter arcades. Look at the 4min mark, the cocktail SF cab is back. Shows 12 games on the box but half of them is taped off. Maybe some other Capcom fighters on there?

Pause at 4:11 and you'll see the box:

-Street Fighter 1
-Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition
-Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
-Street Fighter Alpha Warriors Dreams
-Street Fighter Alpha 2
(And I think I could see the logo for Street Fighter 3 New Generation under that...I think...)

And the cocktail itself has the logos for both Super Street Fighters.

Now, why the FUCK isnt this the selection they should have had with the stand-up one? They could have called it "Street Fighter 30th Anniversary" like the console games

Nov 19, 2017
I got my son the Pac Man cab for Xmas and it's such a cool piece in the game room. The art alone makes it worthwhile. Pro tip: if you call and tell them to send you the cover to avoid the decals from peeling off, they send you a cover that screws in over the top.

The_jMag

Nov 1, 2017
Random CES images courtesy of reddit.

Mix of different fighters on the cocktail cab:
cethhp8pkb921.jpg

Hidden NBA Jam cab:
sfkh7znfjb921.jpg

Interested in that CvS and Saturday Night Slammasters now.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damnit I really want the MK cabinet and Street Fighter but I have a feeling my wife would divorce me out of shame so...

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
NBA Jam? I don't even wanna know how the fuck the licensing would work for that.

Actually, I really fucking do.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I dunno, doesn't CvS being on that marquee with the list of fighters put the idea of an real, working product with those games on it into question?

Dreamcast emulation, especially at the price margins Arcade1Up wants to sell these at, isn't at the level where it's commercially viable on a mass market device, right? I know you can fiddle and fart-arse around with emulators on Windows to get it at a level close to a real console, but surely not with the hardware that's in these cabs, or any kind of RasPi-level device they'd want to use.

It sounds like a wishlist.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
So that MK one definitely shows MK, MK2 and UMK. That would be the one I'd get, but I also know that MK isn't terribly deep and I'd probably get more use out of the Golden Tee one.

Those counter-top ones look pretty nice, but man those screens are tiny!

Because of the trackball? I'd love to see one that includes a spinner and Arkanoid, but I don't know what other games used it :/

Tempest :)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever bought one of those DIY tabletop kits? Thinking of just doing that and putting MAME on it since you can get one for sub $400.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Tee has me interested. It's the greatest bar game of all time. What's the size and scale of these things? I've never heard of them. THeir website isn't resolving either.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Ha! Despite Marvel and TMNT basically winning all the polls, neither gets a cab. I wonder if the licensing was too expensive?

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I've seen the SF2 screen close up and the scaling solution they use sucks. As much as I'm a sucker for CRT emulation, even just a 2X or 3X stretch rather than a nearest neighbour would look way better. If they just fixed that I'd be 10x more excited by this product. That being said, I'm thinking of getting the cab and modding it to use a raspberry Pi and then setting up the display scaling to my liking.

Syncro

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that Golden Tee has a lit marquee and Happ trackball although it's supposed to be more expensive.

I think plenty of people would be prepared to pay a little more for these machines when they use better quality parts and add features that people are asking for.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Interesting that Golden Tee has a lit marquee and Happ trackball although it's supposed to be more expensive.

I think plenty of people would be prepared to pay a little more for these machines when they use better quality parts and add features that people are asking for.
I totally think they should do "pro" versions which are 4/5 scale instead of 3/4, slightly better parts, and they should add display filtering options. The magic of these things is they are lightweight, and they don't have a CRT which will kill you.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
The list with CVS is a mock up ad. None of them are official yet. Though I suspect most of those will become reality soon. John D. from Capcom is now Arcade 1Up's VP of licensing.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/...ing_news_from_ces_pricing_on_countercade_and/
All 2019 Machines will have upgraded controls!

• A replacement spinner will be offered, but it will a separate purchase.
  • MK should be release before Fathers Day - June 16, 2019.
  • The stools will come in two sizes, tall and short, price will be MSRP $49.99 for both. 4th Quarter release date expected.
  • Counter-cades MSRP will be $179.99; they weight about 5 lbs. Screens size depends on the machine, Dig-Dug appears to have an a 8 inch screen. 4th Quarter release date expected. Cord powered.
  • Wall-cades MSRP will be $199.99; they weight about 20 lbs. 12 inch screens. Can be mounted on a Wall, Door or Desk (with included feet attached). 4th Quarter release date expected. Joust is on the Defender version. 4th Quarter release date expected. Cord powered.
  • No pricing on cocktail… Details are really light on these as they are still in development, but they are listening to our thoughts on these. So tell them what you want to see on the cocktail units.
  • No details on the Risers with graphics... yet...
  • No more pre-orders.. they know it was a mess.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
NBA Jam? I don't even wanna know how the fuck the licensing would work for that.

Actually, I really fucking do.
If they can get golden tee, they can move mountains for NBA Jam. Although, I wonder what version would be used due to licensing and the fact that the 90's had lots of famousTM players.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You have an arcade cab with Strider and Ghosts & Goblins - and you put Final Fight artwork on it?

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I totally think they should do "pro" versions which are 4/5 scale instead of 3/4, slightly better parts, and they should add display filtering options. The magic of these things is they are lightweight, and they don't have a CRT which will kill you.
I think the current size is the max they can get away with - they are paying license fees for toy arcade games, like the $20 desktop thing you can buy at Target, and then scaling it up as large as possible without paying the(very expensive) full size arcade machine license. Which is why they sell risers separately.