• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
2066.jpg

The woman who returned Lady Gaga's stolen French bulldogs was among five people arrested in connection with the theft and shooting of the music superstar's dog walker, Los Angeles police said Thursday.

Detectives do not believe that the thieves knew the dogs belonged to the pop star, the Los Angeles police department said in a statement. The motive for the 24 February robbery, investigators believe, was the value of the French bulldogs – which can run into the thousands of dollars.
McBride turned out to be in a relationship with the father of one of the suspects, the LAPD said Thursday.
All five were being held on $1m bail each, online jail records show.

www.theguardian.com

Five arrested in Lady Gaga dognapping case – including the woman who returned them

Detectives do not believe the thieves knew the dogs belonged to the pop star and think the motive was the French bulldogs’ value

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
how deep is the dog stealing mafia

Pretty far. I was looking up a story about a woman in SF with one that got stolen to see if she got it back, found this instead:

abc7news.com

San Lorenzo woman's missing French bulldog miraculously found 600 miles away in Mexico

Brody the emotional support dog ended up being sold to Benjamin Gonzalez in Tijuana. But being from the Bay Area, friends and family back home recognized Benjamin's new pet because they'd already seen posts for the missing French bulldog all over social media. When the connection was made...

and this:

www.ktvu.com

Another French bulldog stolen, this time in San Jose

The recent theft of Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs has put a spotlight on the dangers of owning the popular breed. This week, a San Jose family had their Frenchie stolen right from their front yard.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Ace Ventura will always find you, you dog-stealing fucks.

SPEA

Oct 29, 2017
Good. Takes a special piece of shit type of person to shoot someone while stealing their dog.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Looks myself and others were right afterall when we said the cash reward was a good idea. How about that?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
the best chance those dogs had to live were if the criminals were stupid enough to collect the money.

Thank god they were. Because a smart criminal would have killed the dogs and been done with it especially if they had no idea these were famous dogs and were now having way too many eyes on them.

I mean, they really thought they wouldn't be invesitgated when it turned out the woman was dating a gang member? lol
Jackson, Whaley and the Whites are all documented gang members, according to the LAPD.

Oct 30, 2017
All right where are the ERA folks who lambasted Lady Gaga for offering that no questions asked reward? As if the police would let it go. Eat that crow.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The dogs were returned two days later to an LAPD station by a woman who originally appeared to be "uninvolved and unassociated" with the crime, police initially said. It was not immediately clear if the woman, identified Thursday as 50-year-old Jennifer McBride, received the reward.

McBride turned out to be in a relationship with the father of one of the suspects, the LAPD said Thursday.

thats a crazy coincidence ?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The dogs were returned two days later to an LAPD station by a woman who originally appeared to be "uninvolved and unassociated" with the crime, police initially said. It was not immediately clear if the woman, identified Thursday as 50-year-old Jennifer McBride, received the reward.

thats a crazy coincidence ?
I think maybe you read that wrong.

She was claiming she was uninvolved and unassociated and appeared that way. She was in on it the whole time.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Well I'm more just curious if anyone tried to claim the reward, or if these arrests are the result of purely policework.
If she's dating gang members she probably has a criminal history. Police also keep records of things like known associates and the like.

I'm going to assume it wasn't hard to guess that something wasn't right, right off the bat, when she brought the dogs in. And since it's a shooting investigation she really didn't have an option not to give her info to the police.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I still don't understand why they shot the walker in the chest. They were looking at pretty minor charges until they did that. Dognapping usually isn't a felony.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
1 million on bail seems a tad high, right?

edit:
I've been advised.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
1 million on bail seems a tad high, right?

The dog walker, Ryan Fischer, is recovering from a gunshot wound and has called the violence "a very close call with death" in social media posts. He was walking Lady Gaga's three dogs – Asia, Koji and Gustav – in Hollywood just off Sunset Boulevard when he was attacked.

Video from the doorbell camera of a nearby home shows a white sedan pulling up and two men jumping out. They struggled with Fischer and one pulled a gun and fired a single shot before fleeing with two of the dogs, Koji and Gustav.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
/facepalm. Yeah apparently I lost that part. Thanks for putting me back on track.

I had to go back and read it as well. At first it was a huge flag for me as a million is a lot of money. The entire thing is sick but shooting the dog walker is a low that I hope none of these people get away from.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
the best chance those dogs had to live were if the criminals were stupid enough to collect the money.

Thank god they were. Because a smart criminal would have killed the dogs and been done with it especially if they had no idea these were famous dogs and were now having way too many eyes on them.

I mean, they really thought they wouldn't be invesitgated when it turned out the woman was dating a gang member? lol

Lol, I love how you jump straight to killing the dogs to get away with it. There are, ummm, other options too.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Lol, I love how you jump straight to killing the dogs to get away with it. There are, ummm, other options too.
I think maybe you took my post in the wrong way.

I was saying I'm glad this went the way it did when killing the dogs would have been an easy option to take, you end the whole thing right there, no more people involved, no more risks. it's really no different than what happens to children that are abducted, sadly. You get rid of the evidence. Not sure what your problem here is or what's funny exactly. They shot a guy so the dogs were now evidence of a federal crime. Anyway, its gross to even think about.

It's a happy ending, especially since the guy that got shot is going to live.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I think maybe you took my post in the wrong way.

I was saying I'm glad this went the way it did when killing the dogs would have been an easy option to take, you end the whole thing right there, no more people involved, no more risks. it's really no different than what happens to children that are abducted, sadly. You get rid of the evidence. Not sure what you problem here is. Anyway, its gross to even think about.

It's a happy ending, especially since the guy that shot is going to live.

No, I got you - just thought it was funny. I mean, they're dogs - they're not gonna talk. You could literally let them out the front door and be done, or just keep them inside.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
No, I got you - just thought it was funny. I mean, they're dogs - they're not gonna talk. You could literally let them out the front door and be done, or just keep them.
Sure and neighbors see dogs wandering around, cameras pick up something. More people, more eyes. People talk. This is a gang. Word spreads, people rat for cover. Like am I taking crazy pills here? Smart thing is to get rid of the dogs, not adopt them for life?

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

'The law does not allow a person to commit a crime and then profit from it': Lady Gaga wants dismissal of reward lawsuit by woman who returned dogs after helping to steal them

Lady Gaga is striking back against the woman who says she's owed reward money for returning the superstar's stolen dogs — despite having been convicted of being part of the plot to steal the dogs in the first place.
Jennifer McBride sued Lady Gaga — real name Stefani Germanotta — in February, demanding that the singer pay the $500,000 in reward money she promised following the violent theft of two of her three dogs in February 2021. McBride was the one who brought the dogs to the Los Angeles Police Department the same day Lady Gaga tweeted that she would pay $500,000 for the safe return of the two pups.
"The law does not allow a person to commit a crime and then profit from it," says the filing from Lady Gaga's lawyer Greta Williams.

The motion says that McBride's claims of breach of contract and fraud are "fundamentally" flawed because McBride "knew that [Lady Gaga's] dogs were stolen before she purported to 'find' and 'return' them."

The singer counters McBride's breach of contract claim by saying that no contract was actually formed.
James Howard Jackson and two accomplices, Jaylin Keyshown White and Lafayette Shon Whaley, were charged with the assault and robbery. Jackson pleaded guilty to one count of attempted murder and was sentenced to 21 years in prison in December.

lawandcrime.com

Lady Gaga wants dismissal of reward lawsuit by woman who returned dogs after helping to steal them

"Plaintiff was convicted for her participation in the conspiracy to steal Defendant’s dogs, so she cannot now recover under a purported contract for the return of those same stolen dogs," the filing by Lady Gaga's lawyer says.