• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017

Also Resident Evil 2 has shipped 350k on Japan! A great success. January is a good month all around

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't finished III yet, but I would have been very surprised if this were really the end of the series.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, people were withheld this game for literally 15 years. The demand must be pretty intense, lol.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I had heard that it sold first week around the same as FF15 in Japan. Which is kinda crazy to me in regards to how KH and FF have equalized there(whether its due to KH being more popular or FF becoming far less popular isnt the point). Can totally see it reaching 1 million in Japan at some point

Oct 25, 2017
I had heard that it sold first week around the same as FF15 in Japan. Which is kinda crazy to me in regards to how KH and FF have equalized there(whether its due to KH being more popular or FF becoming far less popular isnt the point). Can totally see it reaching 1 million in Japan at some point
Kingdom Hearts removed almost all the Final Fantasy reps, coincidence?

(Maybe)

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Haven't finished the game yet but after 10hrs I can tell it's been given a ton of love.

Interested to see how the story goes (the big KH3 story but also the smaller ones on each world)

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Its Kingdom hearts. You may not like it, hell I don't, but its going to sell like crazy lol. Glad to see it pushing big numbers and selling well in Japan. I'm sure it will worldwide. From the impressions and reviews I read the game deserves it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Its Kingdom hearts. You may not like it, hell I don't, but its going to sell like crazy lol. Glad to see it pushing big numbers and selling well in Japan. I'm sure it will worldwide. From the impressions and reviews I read the game deserves it.
That's the point a lot of people miss when talking sales for this game.

The series reviews well, has a huge fan base and has the biggest brand in history attached to it, yet people keep acting like it'll definitively underperform because the story's confusing.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
That's the point a lot of people miss when talking sales for this game.

The series reviews well, has a huge fan base and has the biggest brand in history attached to it, yet people keep acting like it'll definitively underperform because the story's confusing.

Exactly. Thirsty fans + end of the trilogy + Disney = big numbers. I don't care how batshit the story is.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First week sales for Kingdom Hearts 3:

Dengeki: 545,000
Media Create: 610,077
Famitsu: 640,406

First week sales for previous entries:

Kingdom Hearts - 464,880
Kingdom Hearts 2 - 727,591
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - 295,205
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 445,962
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - 213,579

Final Fantasy XV - 690,471

Pretty great start for KH3. Basically similar to Final Fantasy XV (although in XV's case, it wasn't as good since the FF franchise is historically bigger in Japan than those sales). It'll be interesting to see if it can replicate similar sales to XV outside of Japan, since that will easily make it the best selling KH game.

All things going well, and depending on what the sales figures are beyond Japan, KH3 could end up a 10 million seller long-term. Alongside FFXV which is en-route to the same milestone, that'd be a pretty great showing for Square Enix's Japanese AAA arm.

And then with FF7 Remake likely to be the strongest selling contender of the three, that'd wrap up a pretty strong generation of big hits.

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah. "Kingdom Hearts is niche". So much for that. WW numbers are going to be massive.