• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
I didn't realize Scooby Doo was a franchise with, like, actual pedigree.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I like Velma as SE Asian, I don't like anything else or Kaling's involvement. I don't vibe with her at all. Show could still be good so I'll check it out. I didn't expect the Harley Quinn show to be as good as it was back when it was announced.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
So they are making a Scooby Doo clone without Scooby Doo? Why though…….

Give her Scooby. Even if the other characters aren't there.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
we in the multivelmaverse now. weird to take out scoob. at least make him shaggy's dog but he's a regular ass great dane that doesnt speak and stays at home most of the time except for the time he bites off some villain's balls off in "adult" hypergore since that's what theyre going for. how do i get hired for the writer's room?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Looking at this thread, 80% of people's problems would be solved if Scooby-Doo was in.
An "adult" Scooby Doo show where Scooby and the Gang solve murders and deal with more adult problems I'd be more open to checking it out even if it's not really what I want from the IP. A "scooby doo show" that only focuses on one of the 5, regardless of who it is, doesn't sound appealing to me even if it was marketed for kids. The worst era of Scooby Doo IMO is the Scooby/Shaggy/Scrappy era and it has nothing to do with Scrappy, it has to do with the structure of the show and missing half of the core cast. Scrappy gets a lot of underserved hate,that era of Scooby would have been awful regardless of who the 3rd character was.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very odd start to this thread.

Pretty silly to get mad at any marketing angle.

Let the show stand on its merits. We haven't seen it yet.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
"Change Bad"

only noticeable change: Skin is darker.

Some of y'all being extremely sus right now tbqh

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Around Representation Over Multiple Posts
What are they actually changing about the character

Do I really need to say it...

...but changing characters and stories from their source has been a thing in every entertainment media since forever.

And that will forever suck.

I've always hated when they change a character for the sake of "change". It's stupid.

Also, no Scooby Doo but calling it Scooby Doo? That's just disrespectful to the best character out of that gang.

They could've made an entirely new character from South Asia and even made her a love interest to Velma. Now that would've been great in my opinion.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I'm more than glad to give this a fair shake. I see no reason to just write it off before we see something in action. Hoping we get that good LGBT representation in between what I assume will be some dark comedy and fun mystery.

"Change Bad"

only noticeable change: Skin is darker.

Some of y'all being extremely sus right now tbqh

You should have seen the Percy Jackson subreddit after Leah Sava Jeffries, a talented young black actress, was cast as Annabeth for the Disney adaptation. It got bad. Bad on twitter too. Bad enough the writer of the books Rick Riordan (who was involved with casting and decided she was the best actress for the role) had to call people out:

Leah Jeffries is Annabeth Chase | Rick Riordan

This post is specifically for those who have a problem with the casting of Leah Jeffries as Annabeth Chase. It’s a shame such posts need to be written, but they do. First, let me be clear I am speaking here only for myself. These thoughts are mine alone. They do not necessarily reflect or...

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Do people actually care about the character Scooby Doo these days? I did when I was younger, but every time I think about it now I only really think about the human characters and fanart or memes about them.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
What's even the point of this? It's one thing trying to be inclusive and another to not even be what it's trying to be.

I want the bloody dog.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Why no dog? Surely they've given an answer right?

in the season finale its revealed scooby is the villain behind it all

in season 2 finale its revealed scooby is just a puppet of scrappy

in season 3 finale its revealed muttley is the real mastermind

damn there were a lot of dogs in the Scoobyverse, i remember a vaguely goofy southern accent dog too

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
People really caping for a damn dog over a South Asian woman lol.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I'd really be down with this if it was a permanent change to Velma's character. Would be great for the shows in the future to not just be an all white friend group. It's 2022, not 1969 anymore. Hell, Star Trek was from 1966, there wasn't even much of an excuse then for the all white main cast.

Id argue the chopped off head with visible human brains is a noticeable change in the Scooby-Doo world.

We literally had a movie where Fred ripped off the head of a zombie thinking it was a mask. Yeah, it wasn't super gory in detail, but Scooby Doo has dealt with dark stuff on occasion. It's just a matter of degree.

In a less PG world, the Scooby Gang absolutely would have run into murder mysteries with some disturbing elements.

Does the show have literally every Scooby-Doo character except Scooby-Doo, or is it just Velma?

It sounds like Velma, Daphne, Fred, and Shaggy are in the show based on the articles.