• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Isle of Dogs didn't quite stick with me but i'm definitely in for more Wes Anderson. looks beautiful.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like a caricature of his movies at this point but I'm in.
i have faith. His movies are pretty much the only ones I still see at the theater.

Yeah this might end up being a bit too much. We will see!

Oh and to your point there are lots of good movies to see in the theaters. Go to the movies people!

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
This looks terrific although stylistically it is indeed becoming a bit samey. Definitely planning to watch this in the movie theatre.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty as always.. but I guess I'm the only one finally getting bored of Wes Anderson's schtick

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Quoting myself elsewhere:

I find it absolutely boring that Wes Anderson seems incabaple of using actors who speak the languages/historical languages or are more representative of the cultures present in his films. Isle of Dogs, Grand Budapest Hotel, this.

Everyone is American or British! Of course!

Someone speaking a non english language? FUCK THAT, let us OVERDUB it in a silly way! Silly foreign people!

I am not enamoured with that. As much as I dislike some Tarantino stuff, there is at least the attempt to use different actors and have people speak different languages.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The framing is so good, can't wait to see it in theater.

I'm liking this proliferation of Lea Seydoux

Probably the greatest exemple of nepotism in french cinema.

I find it absolutely boring that Wes Anderson seems incabaple of using actors who speak the languages/historical languages or are more representative of the cultures present in his films. Isle of Dogs, Grand Budapest Hotel, this.

Everyone is American or British! Of course!

Someone speaking a non english language? FUCK THAT, let us OVERDUB it in a silly way! Silly foreign people!

I am not enamoured with that. As much as I dislike some Tarantino stuff, there is at least the attempt to use different actors and have people speak different languages.

Lea Seydoux, Mathieu Almaric, Cecile de France, Lyna Koudri, Stéphane Bak, Guillaume Gallienne, Denis Menochet, Damien Bonnard, Benjamin Lavernhe and Hyppolyte Girardot are all french or from french speaking countries. You can also add Timothée Chalamet who's french.

At least half of those are extremely famous here.

Last edited:

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
giphy.gif

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen a WA movie since Darjeeling Limited, which actively turned me off. This trailer absolutely did it for me and now I need to catch up on what I missed.

I work so I can play games and watch movies but then I don't have the time to play games and watch movies.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
I haven't seen a WA movie since Darjeeling Limited, which actively turned me off. This trailer absolutely did it for me and now I need to catch up on what I missed.

I work so I can play games and watch movies but then I don't have the time to play games and watch movies.
Stop what you are doing and watch Grand Budapest and Moonrise Kingdom and Isle of Dogs and Fantastic Mr 🦊

It's one hell of a run.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I was just watching The Royal Tenenbaums last night on IFC and to see the evolution of Anderson's style over the 20 years since that movie came out is pretty remarkable.

Absolutely can't wait for this.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow! That looks fucking excellent! I'm just smiling like a fool as the trailer ends. Adding Léa Seydoux and Timothée Chalamet to the cast that I expected is such a treat, too!

Now it's stuck in my head.
Leá was in Grand Budapest so it's another Anderson regular now (he must have approximately thirty).

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
saying that a wes anderson movie trailer looks like a parody of a wes anderson movie doesn't bother me because that's been kinda true since Life Acquatic.

final products are still (mostly) great so....

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Hype. It looks amazing.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that looks surprising much better than I thought it would. Very interested.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. That's a Wes Anderson movie (though the shot with camera turning around the table pulled me of guard for a moment)

I'm in day one of course. I fucking love Wes Anderson.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I love the dudes movies but now it seems like he's phoning it in, yes it's nice looking but as soon as I saw timothee chalamet there it was like, yeah, of course he's in a Wes Anderson movie.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hot and cold with Anderson, but I'll always give him a shot. Recently I loved Moonrise and Grand Budapest, and was bored to death of Isle of Dogs.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Man, Timothee Chalamet's career has just exploded post Call Me By Your Name, he's been in everything.