• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i really dont understand what is so subversive about the last jedi

the only thing i can think of is snoke.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Brick and Brothers Bloom were both annoying tbh. The latter especially felt just too twee.

Looper was great though and, in hindsight, sort of a precursor to TLJ.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why everyone in this thread keeps specifically saying subverted expectations so I'm gonna assume it's some dumb RLM meme.

element

Oct 27, 2017
Brothers Bloom was a fun movie. I mean Bang Bang makes the movie worth watching alone.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Hes a cool director and has made some entertaining movies but lmao at him thinking hes got the name recognition to slap something as stupid as "a Rian Johnson whodunnit" onto this like its good branding

Anyways excited about this. It's got a really cool cast

Oct 25, 2017
Hes a cool director and has made some entertaining movies but lmao at him thinking hes got the name recognition to slap something as stupid as "a Rian Johnson whodunnit" onto this like its good branding

Uh ... The last movie he made was one of the most talked about things for the last two years. For better or worse, he has the name recognition.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

somehow I doubt that was his idea.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You've never heard of a film called a whodunit before?

Twas' a joke. Obviously I've heard of the genre, the tagline is:

"A Rian Johnson whodunit"

To which Bobo was saying that's literally the name of the genre, thus my tongue-in-cheek reply as in the name of the genre is literally "A Rian Johnson whodunit."

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017

After you make a Star Wars you get the name recognition for that
Also this kind of marketing is usually from the studio, so the studio is the one thinking they can use his name as a brand

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I really liked his original non franchise stuff like Looper and Brick so this will probably be just as good. I can see all of the Star Wars fanbase who hate the guy with immense passion shit all over the movie out of spite.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked his original non franchise stuff like Looper and Brick so this will probably be just as good. I can see all of the Star Wars fanbase who hate the guy with immense passion shit all over the movie out of spite.
The people who hate on him irrationally don't deserve to be Star Wars fans honestly, they are nuts. They are just an embarrassment all around. I doubt any of them have even seen a non-TLJ RJ film.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer is out now, so I'd ask a mod to lock this up so all discussion about how TLJ sucks can go in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.