• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between WandaVision and this, it seems like 2021 is the year of subverted/twisted multicam sitcoms.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cool to see more Annie Murphy, she was great in Schitt's Creek.

I will say though it would have been meta as hell to go with Erinn Hayes from Kevin Can Wait.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I like the POV shift. Letting the wife feel what it's like to be the side character in her own life. The real question is why doesn't she just divorce him. Or separate and save up to get the divorce since she says there's no money.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like the POV shift. Letting the wife feel what it's like to be the side character in her own life. The real question is why doesn't she just divorce him. Or separate and save up to get the divorce since she says there's no money.
I mean some people just feel trapped. Or she is insane.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see more Annie Murphy, she was great in Schitt's Creek.

I will say though it would have been meta as hell to go with Erinn Hayes from Kevin Can Wait.

Was reading up on this show last week and came across this quote in the article I read

Discussing Kevin Can F**k Himself, Hayes told Vulture she'd read the pilot script and would "kill to be in it," but was nervous that her connection to the title would make her a distraction as the lead.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Or, you know, run with it.
I really don't think this works but eh maybe they do justify everything well. The heavy contrast between the two 'realities' feels too simplistic and kinda boring in its execution. It feels like Wandavision beat them to the premise and is possibly going to execute it better as well.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Excited to see what kind of range and intensity Annie Murphy can bring since I've only known her from Schitt's Creek.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
for some reason the inside of her house is a sitcom while outside its an AMC try hard. Pass.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
David!
So I'm confused and have no idea what this is about.

is she really in a sitcom? Not in a sitcom, her home life is only shown as a sitcom?

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Show is a bit darker than I expected. The sitcom bits only serve to reinforce that.

I am liking it so far. Kinda the anti-Wandavision.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This looks phenomenal. I'm so happy for Annie Murphy. She deserves her success and her story is really awesome.

Edit: for those who don't know:
As a struggling actress, Murphy was considering quitting acting as a career path, recalling in 2020, "My house had just burnt down, I had like, $3 in my bank account, I hadn't worked in close to two years. And I had just blown my very first screen test — like blown it, blown it, blown it. ... I found myself crying in the Pacific Ocean, a very snotty cry, and the universe was like, 'Don't do this anymore. This is not for you!' But then, two days later, I got the audition for Schitt's Creek." In 2013, she auditioned for and won the role of Alexis Rose on the CBC sitcom Schitt's Creek. She played the character for the series' entire run of six seasons, from January 2015 until April 2020.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The concept for this show (and how they execute it) is so strong that it definitely overcomes some amateurishness in the dialog and behaviors of some of the characters. It's actually really interesting and has an extreme amount of potential.

Also I unironically crack up during the traditional sitcom sequences lol.