• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Devs follows the story of a young software engineer, Lily Chan, who investigates the secretive development division of her employer which she believes is behind her boyfriend's murder. Devs stars Sonoya Mizuno, Nick Offerman, Jin Ha, Zach Grenier, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Cailee Spaeny and Alison Pill.

Been looking forward to this for a while. It looks so good.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah
Hopefully I can still stream like through Xfinity's online site like other FX content, or is this saying I won't be able to?

Nov 23, 2017
This show airs on TV through the FX channel. The next day it's available on Hulu (as all Huly content shall be going forward bc they were bought by Disney)
Actually this show in particular doesn't air on TV, the clearest thing I see about it is in this:

In addition to Mrs. America, FX originals that will move to Hulu include A Teacher (starring Kate Mara and Nick Robinson), the Jeff Bridges drama The Old Man and Alex Garland's Devs. They will not air on FX's linear network. All four shows will launch on FX on Hulu in 2020. Other original scripted shows will likely be added to FX on Hulu.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
All the way in, Garland is one of the most visionary sci fi directors out there and you know Offerman is gonna relish playing a villain and bring his A game

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Actually this show in particular doesn't air on TV, the clearest thing I see about it is in this:

In addition to Mrs. America, FX originals that will move to Hulu include A Teacher (starring Kate Mara and Nick Robinson), the Jeff Bridges drama The Old Man and Alex Garland's Devs. They will not air on FX's linear network. All four shows will launch on FX on Hulu in 2020. Other original scripted shows will likely be added to FX on Hulu.
Yeah I just caught that in the TV thread. Interesting. I'm already subscribed to Hulu but I may just spring for Ad Free for the upcoming FX shows. Devs looks far more annihilation/ex machina than I expected which is enticing. I really can't wait

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I love Alex Garland but don't really want to sign up for yet another streaming service. I guess I'll have to wait to buy the season or something.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Looks intriguing for sure, but the trailer could be for any heady sci-fi mystery film released in the last 15 years. Still no doubt I'm in for this!

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
So now that FX on Hulu is a thing does that mean the restrictions that were on cable? is FX cable? no longer apply? like profanity, violence etc.?

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Looks great. Huge Ex Machina vibes obviously. Hopefully it airs on something in Canada (Crave?) at the same time.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Title should really be Hulu's Devs. I subscribe to cable (and thus FX), not Hulu, and won't be able to see this. I detest this trend. I love how they've been running tons of ads for it on the linear channel too, just to twist the knife.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
So now that FX on Hulu is a thing does that mean the restrictions that were on cable? is FX cable? no longer apply? like profanity, violence etc.?
What We Do In The Shadows is on FX and they say fuck constantly, it's got a lot of blood/murder in it, and there's sex, so I'd assume anything they can do this will be able to do. Also, Always Sunny is an FX show and I don't know if there's anything that show hasn't said or done at this point.

nanhacott

Technical artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, so there'll be no legal way to watch it in Canada. Great. Fantastic

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
What We Do In The Shadows is on FX and they say fuck constantly, it's got a lot of blood/murder in it, and there's sex, so I'd assume anything they can do this will be able to do. Also, Always Sunny is an FX show and I don't know if there's anything that show hasn't said or done at this point.

I have watched 10 seasons of It's always sunny yet I don't remember any swearing maybe the later seasons 11-14 was different. The Americans was the same, while the show was dark it never went as far as say Narcos or Boardwalk empire with any violence or swearing and definitely nudity, which to be fair isn't impotent to making a show good yet it's something that cable avoids.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I have watched 10 seasons of It's always sunny yet I don't remember any swearing maybe the later seasons 11-14 was different. The Americans was the same, while the show was dark it never went as far as say Narcos or Boardwalk empire with any violence or swearing and definitely nudity, which to be fair isn't impotent to making a show good yet it's something that cable avoids.
They've said in interviews that as the show has gone on they've tried to come up with newer even more depraved things and are constantly amazed by what they're able to get away with, but I'm pretty sure they've always cussed, hell damn bitch shit just never fuck until the Christmas Special (and then only because it was DTV and not aired on TV). It's like that with a ton of shows, the longer you're on air the more you can get away with - perfect example is Adventure Time wasn't allowed to use the term "demon" when it first started airing but by the end of the show it was fine. I'm sure if they wanted to have the characters say fuck by now it would be fine, and they would have NEVER been able to get away with that crazy explicit sex scene in the skiing episode when they first started out either. I'm still genuinely shocked they were able to put that in an episode, but FX apparently dun care lol