• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Peele has his name on so many projects. It's kinda nuts how much bigger he's gotten since Get Out.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm just glad todd is back as candyman, otherwise i would have no interest in this. it would be like making a nightmare on elm street movie without englund.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
A) Jordan Peele is producing not directing
B) had no idea they were making a new Candyman

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Tony Todd is in the movie and apparently also playing Candyman, so this will be a new version for those who don't know but the old one still happened.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Musubi I feel like you should get the title changed. It's pretty misleading.

First Trailer for Candyman drops this Thursday! (Jordan Peele writing, producing/Nia DeCosta directing)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hope this delivers, I just watched the original a few years ago and it still holds up.
Watched it for the first time last year and, yeah, it holds up very well.

It's funny to hear how epic and orchestral its musical score was, with the composer not fully aware it was going to be a slasher horror film and sort of being upset by how much effort he put into it.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing Tony Todd again.

It's also not Peele's film, he's a producer

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I remember being so psyched for the original as I was an avid reader of Barker at the time with the Books of Blood being my favorite stuff that he wrote and it did not disappoint. Actually one of the better movies based on his stories overall if not the best.
Just absolutely amazing Tony Todd is reprising the role.
Looking forward to this one for sure. Had no idea it was even a thing until seeing this thread.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I remember being so psyched for the original as I was an avid reader of Barker at the time with the Books of Blood being my favorite stuff that he wrote and it did not disappoint. Actually one of the better movies based on his stories overall if not the best.

It's a trip that the original had nothing to do with slavery, or the US, and at least the way I read it, Candyman was just some jaundiced, glittery Sid Vicious knockoff with a hook (though still supernatural/undead).

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The original was terrifying back then. Haven't seen it in years but it always sticked with me. Pretty excited for this.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I could never say his name as a kid, and I ain't doing it now either :D

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's been said that Tony Todd is not Candyman. On IMDB he's listed as a character named Stix. Wikipedia has him listed as Candyman but it's also Wikipedia.
Disappointing, but he is getting up there. I'm not sure he could pull it off without a lot of makeup/de-aging. His voice really made the character in the original, though. When he showed up for real, halfway through the film, you fucking knew it. "HELEN..."

As I understand it, it's a sequel to the original, not a remake/reboot, so it'll be interesting to see where they go with it. I'll most likely be all over it unless they really screw it up. The original's one of my favorite horror films from that era.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really excited for this given the talent behind it but I am monumentally disappointed that Clive Barker's name is nowhere on that poster.

Give credit where due, people.

But I'm hyped. :)

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Been waiting for a long time since this project was announced. I was wondering if Universal would attach a trailer for it to The Invisible Man.

Interested to see how this story gets handled as Cabrini-Green is no more and the whole area is gentrified. This story is well suited Peele's strength of writing social/class/racial horror.