• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

No game will ever make me as hyped as Brawl did. That fuckin' ending.

It's this one, and it wasn't even all down to the Snake confirmation. Hell, none of the new characters really did anything for me back then. I guess it was just still super novel for all those characters to interact like that and it was such a leap in quality graphically.

Then this happened

L176

Jan 10, 2019
Zelda Spaceworld demo from 2001. I know it's not for a particular game but that was the first time I remember hyping about a trailer.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
KHII's very first (in development) trailer was shown behind closed doors and an official source was never released, but Ruliweb managed to get an off-screen recording of it back in the day. I would watch this thing religiously for months before the next real trailer would hit.

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017

This was the first trailer I ever watched. Too bad the actual game was boring, I still haven't finished it.

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017

I'd have to say this. I was super into Pokémon Red at the time so when I saw this on IGN way back in the day, I pretty much lost it. It's been over 20 years and I still don't know what music is playing in this trailer. It wasn't in the original trailer on Nintendo's Spaceworld '99 site.

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017

The intro of the game was included as a trailer on the demo CDs that came with some pc magazines at the time. I can't count how often I watched it before the game was released.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The early days of cinematic action games. But this trailer is still perfection

Also the obvious choice for many FPS fans. Too bad the final game was so different

EDIT: I missunderstood the thread :'-D But I was really hyped by the first Trailers of Max Payne and Duke4ever as well ;)

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The Force Unleashed trailer, which I saw religiously at my closest gamestop and public library (had no internet), I'm convinced this is what made me to finally buy a PS3 and join the last gen.

As a huge Star Wars fan this was HYPE as fuck because the "SAGA" had ended and it was getting pretty dry in terms of Star Wars in media.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
This still gets me hyped. I remember when this was first uploaded around the web. 16 year old me freaked out about this trailer.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For me one of the trailers I remember just blowing me away and getting me hyped wasn't ME, but Mass Effect 3. I saw it on tv before I saw it online and I was just pumped immediately after seeing it.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Not technically a trailer but watching the promotional VHS for Banjo-Kazooie was the first time I got hyped for a game. Also the first game I preordered.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

exofrenon

Mar 30, 2019
Ninja Gaiden II reveal.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

At the time we didn't have an internet connection at home and I would only get the news either from magazines or from my older brother. He was studying in another city, but he would visit us every other weekend and he would bring back CDs containing trailers from new games for me to see. He burned them himself, based on what he thought I might like.

I only had the OG xbox at the time, and since they stopped making games for it at 2005, Ninja Gaiden Black was the only game I would play for 3 years straight. Ninja Gaiden Sigma had just released for PS3 but it was too expensive for me and I felt a little jealous and betrayed because I was a secret Xbox fanboy back then.

One day my brother came and told me he had a surprise for me. He pops in the disk and presses play on the video. It was Ryu in a foggy place in front of a grave or something. I thought it was some kind of promotional material for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, so I was not amazed. But what are these new weapons? the claws, the scythe? Then he jumps and slashes the screen. Ninja Gaiden II shows.

I screamed in confusion. A sequel so close to Sigma caught me completely by surprise. Then the actual gameplay follows in Venice. The new weapons, the graphics, the blood splatter everywhere, the sword animation at the end of the battle to clean the blood. I have never been as excited about anything in my life ever since.

I must have watched it hundreds of times. I knew every word that Itagaki and his translator said. Every move that Ryu would perform and how the enemies would react. I popped the CD in my OG xbox and faked the input on the controller as if I was playing it. One year later eventually I bought the 360 with Ninja Gaiden II, even though that 8.0 review score from Gamespot disappointed me a lot. Had a lot of fun with it in the end, but nowhere near as much as with NG:B.

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
KHII's very first (in development) trailer was shown behind closed doors and an official source was never released, but Ruliweb managed to get an off-screen recording of it back in the day. I would watch this thing religiously for months before the next real trailer would hit.

Orchestral Simple and Clean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orchestral Don't think Twice

I watched this at least 100 times.

Ertai

Oct 28, 2017

For me this was quite a rare video back in the day. I think it was only released with an official magazine of some sorts. Anyway, it's a great video and got me so excited for Diablo 2

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
A little misleading, because I didn't see the actual trailer in motion until after the game released, I think. But it was shown at E3 1997 and magazine coverage showing screen shots from it the following month was how I first fell in love w/ Metal Gear Solid.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

God, this shit had me hyped. Lightning's armor is fucking badass. When they stood behind each other like, your move bitch and then attack at the same time.....

And the music.
Square where are the remasters bruh!??

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Not technically a trailer but watching the promotional VHS for Banjo-Kazooie was the first time I got hyped for a game. Also the first game I preordered.

oh my god. I got the VHS from I think Toys R Us in the mail and I watched it over and over and over again. It may have been my first preorder too. I adore that game.. and I haven't played a single second of Tooie.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Bullshit, but this was the topic of conversation for 2 years in high school. We used to watch this over and over. This was the future for us. I believe the other was the...Final Fantasy XIII trailer?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The Kingdom Hearts commercials that played on TV are primarily the reason I would beg my mom for a PS2. And I had no clue wtf the game was even about (still don't), I just loved the song so much.

This is a big one for me. Ended up being my favorite franchise of all time. Although I remember the commercial with the Plan B remix playing. 9 year old me lost my shit at seeing this game.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
If you count the secret ending to KH1 as a trailer, that shit's still hype to me. The Twilight Princess trailer was hype but I literally never saw until years after Twilight Princess was already out. Other than for KH2, I didn't really see any video game trailers online before YouTube got really big.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This potato quality trailer of FF9 with 8 music on top made me hype like nothing before back then.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
I feel old.

I remember seeing this in a movie theatre before something and I actually yelled out "wooo!" at the end. I can't remember if I already had it preordered or if I went and preordered it right after that.