• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
For the first time in my life I am about to have access to a gaming capable PC. (Not mine but my sister will let me use it sometimes.)

it won't arrive until Late next week but The Autumn steam sell is going to end so I gotta buy now.

first off omg steam sells are amazing almost every game seems to be on sale.

Suggest me games I have gamepass ultimate already so tell me what to play in it.

my cart right now is Disco Elysium, Sleeping dogs, Valve collection.( Half life stuff, counterstrike and both portals ) Vampire masquerade bloodlines, left for dead 1 and 2. (I'm still under 50 dollars thanks to sale.)I

is black mesa worth or should I play of Half life?

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go for Disco Elysium, one of the most interesting and creative games in years.

Also play the Half-Life series because it rules.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Snuggle up with some Crusader Kings 3 or Hearts of Iron IV for an experience you really can't get on consoles.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
With Game Pass for PC, you have access to Mount&Blade: Warband and Crusader Kings 3. Edit: I'll also throw a rec for FTL, Stellaris, and Age of Wonders: Planetfall. on GPPC.

You know what to do, OP.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Divinity 1 and 2 are two of the best PC games of all time. Yes, they're on console but the PC experience is >>>

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Half Life Alyx (if you have VR)
Total War series (Warhammer, Three Kingdoms, etc)
Half Life: Black Mesa
Mount and Blade 2
Mordhau
Disco Elysium

Those are actual PC exclusives. I highly recommend any console games marred by the hardware that really shines on PC as well, or games started on PC that were ported later (Red Dead Redemption 2, XCOM 2, PUBG, etc)

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Disco Elysium and VTM:B (with the fan patch) are great choices for PC exclusive RPGs. If you like the idea of tactical shooters, CS:GO or Valorant or Rainbow Six Siege are all great (Siege feels like an entirely different game compared to console, the meta evolved very differently). Stellaris and Crusader Kings III are fantastic if you want a strategic map-based game. Hell, if you've never played a Civilization game, that might be a good get. Depending on how powerful the rig you have on the way is, Control could be worth picking up in the sale--fun game and it looks bonkers. Total War is a great PC exclusive series as well.

There is tons and tons and tons of stuff out there for PC in basically every genre you can imagine and most of it is smaller B tier and indie stuff, or promising games in early access like Prodeus and Teardown. If there's a particular genre you're interested in you can find tons of recommendations.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh another big one:
XCOM 2 Collection. Then look into mods.

It's an extremely different experience from the console version.
e.g.
3BAE63A8717870674A42E10F4A90D78270D6462A

(actual in-game models)

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Deus Ex (on PS2 but PC version is better)
Thief 1+2
System Shock 1+2
Doom 1+2
Quake 1+2
Unreal 1
Elder Scrolls 1+2
Fallout 1+2
Ultima 4+7
Ultima Underworld 1+2

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
For the first time in my life I am about to have access to a gaming capable PC. (Not mine but my sister will let me use it sometimes.)

it won't arrive until Late next week but The Autumn steam sell is going to end so I gotta buy now.

first off omg steam sells are amazing almost every game seems to be on sale.

Suggest me games I have gamepass ultimate already so tell me what to play in it.

my cart right now is Disco Elysium, Sleeping dogs, Valve collection.( Half life stuff, counterstrike and both portals ) Vampire masquerade bloodlines, left for dead 1 and 2. (I'm still under 50 dollars thanks to sale.)I

is black mesa worth or should I play of Half life?
Teardown its lots of fun and a decent price.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wanting to try Disco Elysium too, but I'm just waiting for the console ports. I guess it got delayed though, since I think it was supposed to be out last summer, lol.

Ooh! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a great shout.

Crysis is on consoles too, but I think even the new console ports are based off the old 360 version, which I hated not because of the visuals, but because of how the game just feels different to play to me (due to the way the nanosuit works, not any control-related issue). I'd wait for a deep sale for that (not sure if it's in the steam sale right now), because I'm not sure other people would care as much, especially people who didn't play the original game when it was new.

Since you have Game Pass, you might want to try Mechwarrior 5. It was on it the last time I checked, but it's been a while. I don't think it works with just a controller though. Also, of course, check out Flight Simulator.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Already own these on ps5 I know they play better on PC but I have no interest paying to double dipping I am looking for New experiences and want my money to go there.

Red dead is a game of the generation candidate though
For sure. Some more:

DUSK
Amid Evil
PREY (much, much better on PC)
Dishonored 1 + 2 (same as above)
Deus Ex series (and again ^)

Any game with extensive mod support and a community (Bethesda games, Divinity Original Sin 1 + 2, etc)

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I'd stick to single player FPS games if you're not versed with mouse keyboard controls.

City Skylines
Factorio
Noita
Into the Breach
Divinity Original Sin 2

some of my recommendations

OP
OP
jman1954goat

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Disco Elysium and VTM:B (with the fan patch) are great choices for PC exclusive RPGs. If you like the idea of tactical shooters, CS:GO or Valorant or Rainbow Six Siege are all great (Siege feels like an entirely different game compared to console, the meta evolved very differently). Stellaris and Crusader Kings III are fantastic if you want a strategic map-based game. Hell, if you've never played a Civilization game, that might be a good get. Depending on how powerful the rig you have on the way is, Control could be worth picking up in the sale--fun game and it looks bonkers. Total War is a great PC exclusive series as well.

There is tons and tons and tons of stuff out there for PC in basically every genre you can imagine and most of it is smaller B tier and indie stuff, or promising games in early access like Prodeus and Teardown. If there's a particular genre you're interested in you can find tons of recommendations.
I want to play valorant and pc overwatch but I will be destroyed.

either use a mouse and keyboard with no experience and get destroyed.
Or use controller and be at big disadvantage.

at least I'm a tank main in overwatch.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Disco Elysium is amazing, and it's still exclusive for a while longer until some time in 2021. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is well worth checking out, too.

Half-Life Alyx if you have PCVR and Black Mesa (remake of Half-Life) for that Half-Life fix.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I want to play valorant and pc overwatch but I will be destroyed.

either use a mouse and keyboard with no experience and get destroyed.
Or use controller and be at big disadvantage.

at least I'm a tank main in overwatch.
Don't worry, there are plenty of people who have played PC their whole lives and still suck at Valorant/CSGO/etc

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

No lies here. The extent of what can be done in Skyrim extends far beyond the console ports it's ridiculous. While the Xbox One X version is probably the best console port with some level of mod support, but PC takes to another level. Entirely new landmasses to explore, all new quests, improved character models, revised combat mechanics, survival mechanics such as hunger and sleep, removal of level scaling, the list goes on and on. You can pick and choose and custom tailor the experience to your whims, there is likely a mod for the thing you have in mind. It's on the Nexus somewhere.

One of my favorite mods is Windstad Mine which let me manage a mining operation, same mod author created Heljarchen Farm which like the Hearthfire mod taken to 11, managing a farm land and selling crops all around Skyrim for profit.

Another good mod is Undeath which has two questlines the main one for Evil Spellcasters which ultimately unlocks deep secrets of Necromancy and becoming a Lich, and the alternative for Good characters which allows you to take down the Necromancer cult.

With that said, I'll end it here as I could go on with the potential of Skyrim mods on PC for quite a long while.

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
Deus Ex (on PS2 but PC version is better)
Thief 1+2
System Shock 1+2
Doom 1+2
Quake 1+2
Unreal 1
Elder Scrolls 1+2
Fallout 1+2
Ultima 4+7
Ultima Underworld 1+2
This and:

Homeworld (you can play the remaster, but just know that it messes up Homeworld 1 to an extent) - great space opera with a uniquely subdued tone and also a truly great RTS
Wing Commander (any, but I'd suggest starting with 1) - great arcadey space sim series with a story focus
Quest for Glory (5 is the best) - adventure/RPG hybrid series from Sierra
Star Trek: Bridge Commander (especially if you like Star Trek) - you sit on the bridge of a Federation starship and tell people what to do
Max Payne 1+2 (technically on console, but I'm not sure about those versions) - neo-noir TPS with lots of style
Lands of Lore - very accessible blobber RPG, kind of like a more casual Eye of the Beholder?
Might & Magic 4 + World of Xeen (which is 5+6) - massive worlds with fun exploration-based gameplay and fast coombat
Anachronox - unique Western take on a JRPG with good sci-fi vibes and very unique plot twists
Space Quest 4+5 - I guess this is close to playing a Douglas Adams book? Except that's also a thing on PC

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
Damn I wish I could experience STALKER for the first time. OP if you like games with a good atmosphere, please try this masterpiece.

Tenrius

For the Snark was a Boojum, you see
Oct 25, 2017
Also this is probably the best time to jump into World of Warcraft

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
I would check out the Total War series (Warhammer 2 or Three Kingdoms depending on the sale) and Civilization 6 if you are into strategy games. Also Crusader Kings 3 and MS Flight Simulator which are available on gamepass if you have that.

AbsoluteZ3R0

Feb 5, 2019
If you are a rpg fan I would highly recommend Divinity Original Sin 2. Disco Elysium is also amazing. While these games are bit old and gameplay is outdated, I would also highly recommend Planescape Torment and Baldurs gate 2.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Warhammer Total War, Crusader Kings 3, Baldurs Gate 3, Legend of Grimrock 1/2, Homeworld Remastered, Spellforce 3, Overload, Ultrakill, Grim Dawn

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
While it may seem a bit dated to some, I'd definitely recommend checking out Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. To this day there is no port to the game on console, leveling and skill mechanics are very different to Diablo III: RoS as well.

Another game that is somewhat dated but I highly recommend checking out is Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
BallisticNG if you'd like to play one of the best arcade racing games to date. I also recommend the Outer Reaches DLC. Hell, might as well grab the soundtrack. It's great too!

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Black Mesa's first half is worse than Half Life 1, but the Xen part is incredible, even if it maybe drags on a bit. 100% you should buy it.

While it may seem a bit dated to some, I'd definitely recommend checking out Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. To this day there is no port to the game on console, leveling and skill mechanics are very different to Diablo III: RoS as well.

Another game that is somewhat dated but I highly recommend checking out is Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.
I would second this, i would check out Project Diablo 2 if you want a D2 experience, i was putting a lot of hours into it before Shadowlands came out, it peaked at 12k players & has quite a large community for a mod of a 20 year old game.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

Speaking of Blizzard:

StarCraft technically isn't a PC exclusive, but let's be real; you're not about to dig up its N64 port. StarCraft II *is* a Pc exclusive.

I'd recommend WarCraft III, but we're all *still* waiting for Blizzard to unfuck its "recrafted" version, and the true solution, of installing a cracked version of its previous version, is not the kind of thing I like to recommend. So just leapfrog past it and look into either League of Legends or Dota 2.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War (get the remasters)

No One Lives Forever (if you can find it.)

Portal and Portal 2

Half-life series