• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone totally bored of the standard Marvel fare this looks so much more visually pleasing than all of their recent work to me. Shots actually seem to have movement, blocking and contrast here which is refreshing as fuck.
Second this, I'm so bored of marvel but this got me

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
Yo this trailer has me crying. I will not be able to handle myself in the theatre.

Coogler is so damn good.

VCFL

Jan 24, 2018
I never understood why so many people want and think this will fail because of one person. This trailer got me a little emotional. I wish Boseman was able to reprise his role as Black Panther. He was just getting started and taken away too soon. I've gotta go back home and watch this again.

Nov 7, 2017
I feel like Coogler is really stepping up his directing talents in this one. I know it's just a teaser but I feel like the way this movie is shot is unlike anything we've seen in a Marvel movie. Chloe Zhao tried to attempt this with Eternals yet the contrast in that movie was still pretty drab. I just love how it actually looks like a big event film like Avatar (not because of the Atlanteans)

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It's crazy to see reactors like Greg Alba and Eric Voss of New Rockstars losing their shit at this trailer. Their job is to react and review things like trailers but even this makes them basically shut up and watch.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Never got people wanting this to fail because of one knucklehead. Looks great.
Haven't read through this thread yet. But yesterday on Twitter the comments under this trailer were all almost 100% they should have recast T'Challa.

It's crazy how fast this changed considering literally everyone just a year ago was like no way man you can't recast Chadwick

Nov 7, 2017
Haven't read through this thread yet. But yesterday on Twitter the comments under this trailer were all almost 100% they should have recast T'Challa.

It's crazy has fast this changed considering literally everyone just a year ago was like no way man you can't recast Chadwick
To be honest I'm totally onboard with whatever the cast and Coogler came up with as far as a solution to honor Chadwick and his character. Seems like they are really setting a somber and serious tone in this trailer.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
There always has to be that guy in these threads. sigh

The trailer clearly had some really well shot scenes, and the mixing of the two songs embraced prominently by the Black community, on top of nearly every scene from the trailer featuring people of color.

FYZY2pdWQAMK1JX

FYZRESxWQAApwv0

FYZwFCtXgAA5Or0

Clearly it's not just for arbitrary reasons people are "hyping it up." Trying to act so far contrarian you can't even see why people like the trailer is just silly.
Shots like these have been done before, even in other Marvel films. There's literally a shot of Peter looking at a similar mural of Iron Man in FFH.

I'm not discounting that it's a decent trailer, but I don't agree that's its this incredible achievement. Maybe this is just the bar where Marvel films are at now when we laud competent film making.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Coogler looks like he's really stepping it up big time for this, it's very emotional for a MCU trailer. Actually had to rewatch it after the initial view, best fuckin trailer I've seen in a minute

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
That trailer not only looks great but the emotion is just palpable. I still believe that letting the movie mourn Chadwick and T'Challa was the right call. Hearing the the pain in Ramonda's voice talking about how she's lost her son and her husband is just heartbreaking. Literal tears watching that trailer.

This trailer is hitting all the right notes of grief but also a celebration of life. My hype has shot up through the roof for this.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Nice to see they let Coogler just have it after the success of the first movie. The costume and environmental designs look fantastic. Also ready for Ironheart

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
That trailer evoked some emotions that's for sure.

Visually, the film looks stunning. And it appears the actors were tasked with displaying some serious range.

It's impossible to say for sure w/o seeing the film, but it feels like the decision not to recast tchalla just may have been the right call

I'm here for it.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Trailer has a million likes on Twitter, don't think I've seen that before for any movie, and under 24 hours at that.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Feels so good to have another black superhero movie again, but leave it to this site to do its best to shit all over the work being done for this because they have beef with a stranger…Black people really cant have shit can we?

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I don't keep up with the MCU but is T'Challa considered dead in the MCU? Or is this movie going to explain that?

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I always had faith in Ryan Coogler. And I know this movie will be good. This trailer looks great. I was always gonna be there Day One, no matter what. Hell, I went to see the original five times in the theater, so they've already got me.

But goddammit if I still think it's a mistake not recasting.

It's not to say they can't make a good movie without T'Challa, as I genuinely think Wakanda Forever will be great. It's just all the missed opportunities with the character being written out, both within the MCU and for little black kids missing their role model. I'll try to stop lamenting what isn't to be, though.

I'm not happy, but I'll support.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I don't keep up with the MCU but is T'Challa considered dead in the MCU? Or is this movie going to explain that?

www.marvel.com

SDCC 2022: Marvel Studios' 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' Teaser Trailer and Poster Released

Begin the journey back to Wakanda by pre-ordering the Wakanda Forever Prologue

In Marvel Studios' "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever," Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M'Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba), fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T'Challa's death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong'o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda. Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of a hidden undersea nation, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena and Alex Livanalli.

He dead

Nov 7, 2017
Man, I always had faith in Ryan Coogler. And I know this movie will be good. This trailer looks great. I was always gonna be there Day One, no matter what. Hell, I went to see the original five times in the theater, so they've already got me.

But goddammit if I still think it's a mistake not recasting.

It's not to say they can't make a good movie without T'Challa, as I genuinely think Wakanda Forever will be great. It's just all the missed opportunities with the character being written out, both within the MCU and for little black kids missing their role model. I'll try to stop lamenting what isn't to be, though.

I'm not happy, but I'll support.
I think that not recasting can be a good lesson to children in dealing with the loss of your mentor/role model and I hope this movie tries to navigate through those emotions

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I can't stop watching the trailer. It's sooo good. Plus it's a major big movie release where blacks/Latinx actors make up like 99% of the characters. People should appreciate how rare that shit is.
I got to say, this is gonna be lit up. Shame CB couldn't be here but he will never be forgotten. Still think Marvel did a mistake not keeping the character around though. I'll def watch this on theaters.

I'm glad Marvel is finally casting latino/Latina actors. America Chavez, Namor, Moon Knight. Yes yes yes. Finally the wait is paying off.

On topic, the trailer is HOT FIRE. Definitely one of the best Marvel trailers. The music alone hits like no other. The shots are so damn good too.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know for sure except for that Ryan Coogler has committed to not recasting. Based on the scene of everybody wearing all white (which seems like a funeral), and the queen saying "my whole family is dead," this trailer definitely implies, if not outright confirms, that T'Challa will have died off screen before this movie starts.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
How's the BP dlc for square enix's Marvel's Avengers? Super inspired to play it now.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly this trailer just highlights how strange a lot of the recent Marvel movies have looked. The actors actually look like they're on a set! Together!

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I never understood why so many people want and think this will fail because of one person. This trailer got me a little emotional. I wish Boseman was able to reprise his role as Black Panther. He was just getting started and taken away too soon. I've gotta go back home and watch this again.
I don't think any genuine fans of the first want it to fail, but finding out how problematic Leticia is kinda sucks. It's like having a plate of spaghetti with 8 meatballs, and you are starving and going to eat everything on your plate. But then a meatball falls on the ground. Some are willing to apply the 5 second rule and eat that mother fucker, but most wouldn't and will finish the meal wanting because we lost a meatball we wanted to eat. We will still enjoy the meal but will think about what could've been.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
well that kinda sucks

after all the love coogler and marvel did crafting Wakanda

seems shitty to assign the mexican culture to something that has never had any connection to it.

i dont think anyone would relate Atlantis to Mexico

looks cool i guess.

I mean, what culture has a connection to Atlantis? Lol

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think any genuine fans of the first want it to fail, but finding out how problematic Leticia is kinda sucks. It's like having a plate of spaghetti with 8 meatballs, and you are starving and going to eat everything on your plate. But then a meatball falls on the ground. Some are willing to apply the 5 second rule and eat that mother fucker, but most wouldn't and will finish the meal wanting because we lost a meatball we wanted to eat. We will still enjoy the meal but will think about what could've been.

What kind of Ross Mathews analogy