• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
This game looks fantastic and super intriguing, definitely one of my highlights of the show.

May 10, 2019
Definitely playing this game. There some really great games coming down the line in the horror/space/exploration scifi genre.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Looks absolutely sick. It's even better due to GP launch.

Bring it on guys. Callisto Protocol looks really good but I am even more interested in this one right here.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow never expected this to come back but I'm 100% in. Was one of those games that look great and prior to today was sad nevwr saw thw light of day.

Lol a couple years ago I made a joke post on the Routine subreddit about how it felt joining a dead community and that place is going nuts now.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this along with Callisto were probably my favorite games of the show!

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad I have the post history to be on the right side of history

LFG

If yall could see my group chat, I've never given up, I'm so excited for that team

Also shout out to Mick Gordon circa 2012 versus now lol

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Now there's a game I never expected to see back. I'm not great with horror, but I'm stoked the devs found a way to get the game out.

0xe0x

Banned
Dec 23, 2021
Game looks amazing, but good lord, hopefully they make adjustments to those strobing-ish lights peeking out of the curtains because it can cause migraines/seizues.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
it's fucking wild this still exists, it's one of those games I thought about maybe every year and a half and figured it was just never happening

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I missed the original announcement a decade ago. When everyone in the SGF thread started "holy shit"ing the reveal assuming the game was dead I started doing some research on it and came across the subreddit for the game.

That is one DEDICATED group. Happy for them to finally see the game they probably felt would never launch finally make an appearance.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
When i saw the gun i said "Routine!" out loud while watching the trailer.

Glad it still lives, because it oozes atmosphere.

Baroni

Oct 25, 2017
I swear I thought Fort Solis was going to be Routine, and it wasn't, and then they revealed Routine.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is there a clip of Patrick Klepek reacting to this?

EDIT: Found it haha his reaction is great

Last edited:

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
wow
alien isolation was unveiled in 2011 and released in 2014. Routine was announced in 2013.

August 2012, in fact. But yeah, still after Alien: Isolation.
I assume you're getting this from Wikipedia - the use of the word "unveiled" is dubious there. Creative Assembly announced that they were hiring for an Alien game in 2011, but the official announcement, first trailer, and reveal of the retro-futuristic art direction happened in January 2014, well after Routine was first shown.