• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tusken77

Oct 27, 2017
England, United Kingdom
That's a big Kraken.
4TuMluX.gif

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I really do not like their "wait for xbox info first" approach.

as market leader... take the lead and present price/release date

Sony got burned with the PS3 reveal price, Microsoft got burned with the Xbox One reveal. I can see why neither wants to go first this time but when was the last time Sony ever went first?

There is no "Wait for Xbox" approach. That is just console war bs. Sony just has their own timeline and keeps to it, while everyone is crying for information. We always knew we would get the next big information blowout in August around Gamescom week.

We did? How convenient for you to suggest that now.

MonadoTsukai

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020

Agreed. Sony is the market leader, it's on them to "make themselves vulnerable" first. Microsoft is the underdog, they get to announce pricing later. That's why I'm waiting for Sony to break the silence, makes no sense for Microsoft to put themselves out there.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
So this is the video Playstation Latinoamérica had uploaded yesterday and it was hidden on the playlist.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sony got burned with the PS3 reveal price, Microsoft got burned with the Xbox One reveal. I can see why neither wants to go first this time but when was the last time Sony ever went first?

We did? How convenient for you to suggest that now.
Yea but thats already a bad news meaning that the price are higher than what we expect so they don't want to say it first( for both )

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I think that 3d audio is underuse to push PS5. I mean the PSVR have it and it's one of the most amazing thing i've ever listen. I even play Re2 remake with my VR helmet because, it was insane sound quality.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed Sony struck this good a balance between a sexy, flashy shmancy new GAMER trailer where GAMERS do GAMING stunts, and an actual informative advert detailing what some of the new features of PS5 are. Solid advertisement. Gimmie that price tho.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The ad was fine, definitely have other favorites.

The bow thing is kinda starting to annoy me, it's starting to feel like one of those things people always tell you but then when you actually experience it it's just nothing. Like I get it "bow strings" but can we get some other examples.

I've played like 3 games with bows the whole generation.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was worried about the potential of the adaptive triggers and 3d audio not being realised. This ad had reassured me that it's a big focus.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
The ad was fine, definitely have other favorites.

The bow thing is kinda starting to annoy me, it's starting to feel like one of those things people always tell you but then when you actually experience it it's just nothing. Like I get it "bow strings" but can we get some other examples.

I've played like 3 games with bows the whole generation.

It's just an easy example, the same can be said for lots of stuff like, guns, swords, racing games etc.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Remember when Sony was advertising the ps5 reveal and we all though this? They'll hold out if they need to.

They have to announce something by the end of September. I can't see us rolling into October, giving everyone a 1 month window for preorders if it launches in November, and not having a set price and date.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they're really pushing the controller and the audio over the SSD (which I've been thinking is the big feature that sets it apart).
It's definitely a PlayStation ad!
Up to devs thats why. Cerny said its really there to give them freedom, not just for speed.
Where as DS is gonna be how devs really pull you into the world you playing in.

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA

I think we'd all like to know the cost and launch date, but this is business. Sony gains nothing announcing first and risks allowing MS to undercut them if they do so.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I generally despise marketing.

Advertise a new console whose primary selling point is to provide a higher fidelity experience, and show scenes that are related only abstractly. I hate that marketing has become a thing in and of itself. And I don't think this abstract stuff works one way or the other, hype in this case is based on established reputation, etc.

After the rant: Very much looking to PS5, hope they reveal more soon since it has been two months plus since the reveal...

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
They have to announce something by the end of September. I can't see us rolling into October, giving everyone a 1 month window for preorders if it launches in November, and not having a set price and date.
Oh I fully expect something by end of September, but at the same time, this is all a new ball game with covid.