• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thought it'd be fun to keep track of all the games included as bonuses for other games that were only available for a limited time / never released later as a standalone purchase.

These are just the ones that come to mind, the point of this thread is for everyone else to add on.

Let's begin!

8-BIT ADV Steins;Gate for Switch (MAGES. / Spike Chunsoft)

Only obtainable by purchasing Steins;Gate Elite for Switch (physical or digital). 8-BIT ADV Steins;Gate is a Famicom-style adventure game. It has yet to be sold separately.

8-BIT YU-NO's Great Adventure for Switch (MAGES. / Spike Chunsoft)

Only obtainable by purchasing YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World. for Switch (physical or digital). 8-BIT YU-NO's Great Adventure is a Famicom-style action game. It has yet to be sold separately.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War for PS4 (Bandai Namco)

Pre-orders for Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (digital) included a download code for a PS4 port of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War for PS2. It has yet to be sold separately.

Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden for Switch (Bandai Namco)

First-print copies of Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch included a download code for a Switch port of Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden for SNES. It has yet to be released separately.

Hanazono Koukou Dodge Ball Bu for PS4 / Xbox One/ Switch (Arc System Works)

In Japan, first-print copies of Kunio-kun: The World Collection included a download code for the bonus game Hanazono Koukou Dodge Ball Bu. It has yet to be sold separately.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Attack of the Destroyer for PS4 / PS Vita

In Japan, first-print copies of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Kono Yokubukai Game ni Shinban o! included a download code for a shoot 'em up game called Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Attack of the Destroyer. The digital version still includes this bonus game. It has yet to be sold separately.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Kono Damegami ni Kyouiku o! for PS4 / PS Vita (Entergram)

In Japan, first-print copies of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Kibou no Meikyuu to Tsudoishi Boukensha-tachi included a download code for a goddess training game called Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Kono Damegami ni Kyouiku o! The digital version will include this bonus game until June 2022. It has yet to be sold separately.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night for PS4 (Atlus)

Only obtainable by purchasing the Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection (physical or digital). It has yet to be sold separately.

Princess Crown for PS4 (Atlus)

In Japan, first-print copies of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim include a download code for a PS4 port of the PSP version of Vanillaware's Princess Crown. Knowing Atlus, this probably will not get a separate release.

Steins;Gate HD for PS4 (MAGES.)

In Japan, first-print copies of Steins;Gate 0 for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita included a download code for a PS4 of the original Steins;Gate, titled Steins;Gate HD, which remastered the game from its original 720p resolution to 1080p. The western release of Steins;Gate 0 did not include this bonus. It has yet to be sold separately.

Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram for PS4 / PC (MAGES. / Spike Chunsoft)

Only obtainable by purchasing Steins;Gate Elite for PS4 or PC (physical or digital). Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram is the first-ever (and still only) English localization of the game. It has yet to be sold separately.

Quake II for Xbox 360 (Bethesda Softworks / id Software)

Only obtainable by purchasing a physical copy of Quake 4 for Xbox 360. Quake II for Xbox 360 is a 1080p, 60 frames per second remaster of the original game. This bonus game is actually its own disc. It was never sold separately.

---

All that said, I want to commend Bandai Namco Entertainment America for releasing Magic Knight Grand Charion---which was included as a bonus game with pre-orders for Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time---FREE to *everyone* on the PlayStation Store about a month following release. Not saying that all these other games should be free of course. The commendation is for actually releasing it later. I was going to add this game to the list before looking it up to find this out.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
In the case of Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram, the game's localization is really rough and in desperate need of another editing pass.

I imagine if it was released as a standalone title, it would need some more care put into it.

Dwayne

Oct 27, 2017
A few more, these are all Japanese exclusives:
Bubble Bobble 4 Friends for Switch has a pre-order bonus of Final Bubble Bubble (Master System).
Darius Cozmic Collection for Switch had a pre-order bonus of Sagaia (Gameboy).
Space Invaders Invincible Collection has a pre-order bonus of Space Invaders 90 (Mega Drive).

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I feel like DBFZ on Switch came with a SNES fighter. And Samurai Shodown 7 on Switch is coming with Samurai Shodown 2 from the Neogeo Pocket.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
on a technicality level would the gba games that were given to early buyers of the 3DS before the price cut count?

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Super Butoden was only available to people who preorder FighterZ on Switch.

Super Butoden 2 was only available to people who preorder Extreme Butoden on 3DS.

Not really the full game, but you got Xenoverse 1 story missions by ordering Xenoverse 2 on the Switch. Edit: this was added in the season pass, so its no longer exclusive.

No info on a possible future release, but preordering Samurai Showdown will get you the Neo Geo P version of Samurai Shodown 2.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Samurai Shodown! with Pre-Order of Samurai Shodown on Switch (The game has yet to be released, and they haven't announced plans to release the pre-order game separately)
Ace Combat 6 (360 Digital Copy) was only available through Pre-Order of Ace Combat 7 XBO. You could still buy the AC6 disc, though.

OP
OP
salromano

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to refrain from adding any future / recently launched games since we don't know plans yet. I only added Princess Crown in there knowing Atlus.

Ace Combat 6 I'm not going to add since you can just buy it yourself, as was said. Bubble Bobble I'm also not going to add as it seems to be in the game itself, not a bonus game launched separately.

Added some more mentioned in the thread, will update with others later.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I think Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest and Legend of Zelda: Master collection (both for GameCube) qualify. The former was only available as a pre-order bonus for Wind Waker and the latter was only available as a pack in with new GameCubes (though I think you might've been able to get it through Nintendo Power as well).