• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
How the hell is this going to work?

Is Dora going to look at the camera whenever they get lost and everything stops for 5 seconds before a giant arrow points them in the right direction?

If not, I'm staying home.

Oct 27, 2017

Isn't this the same kind of pose or am I blind?

Screen_Shot_2016-04-06_at_9.30.27_AM.0.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this the same kind of pose or am I blind?

Screen_Shot_2016-04-06_at_9.30.27_AM.0.png
Not at all. Dora is not standing directly in front of the camera, as Tracer is in that photo, but is shifted towards the right, which doesn't expose her to such a vouyeristic gaze. It also works as the viewer can see her backpack and map, two of her classic sidekicks, which would not be easy to convey without seeing her from behind or the side. Dora has typically been presented as a leader, so it makes sense that she would be in front of the rest of the group and need to turn to address them, rather than uncharacteristically displaying herself to the viewer ala Tracer. Also her face is brightly lit while her back and legs are much darker, drawing attention away from them.

You can make a good point about the absurdity of wearing such short shorts while trekking through the jungle, but that feels like more of a reference to the original character design than anything.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I find it kind of weird that an adolescent girls butt is in the near middle of the poster...

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
So which of the three friends dies and then that man turns into Swiper via ancient magic.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would it be less weird if it was a little further down to the left?

No but don't even get me started if it was on the right! HERACY.

But for real, they could have picked any other pose during that shoot yet they go with "the Tracer."

She was in the latest Transformers (not Bumblebee), Michael Bay had the camera leering at her as he would any Megan Fox type. A little suspect.

Ugh...Somehow less surprised with that one when Michael Bay has scenes discussing the legality of underage sex...bleh. I'm just getting too old.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
My kids never liked normal Dora, but there was a few weeks a couple years ago where Dora in the big City got watched daily. I'm sure my 7 year old will enjoy a kids centric Indiana Jones though, with or without Dora being in it.