• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The first two horizontal versions with the disc slot at the bottom lies upside down, I think. It looks wrong.

Yeah he accidentally made them upside down.
It has irked me since they made the renders.
I was hoping by now they would have reworked their designs to follow how the console will most likely actually be sitting.....but I havent seen any updates.

THe Halo and Forza one are cool nonetheless, a bunch of flat surfaces gives alot of space to make cool designs.

I just want one to match the Lunar controller.
xbox-one-lunar-white-controller.jpg

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Ahh thats what you were talking bout.
I feel ya i feel ya.

Even with this form factor were you really expecting the console to have a really high power draw?
Lest im mistaken this is likely an underclocked 3700(variant) so its power draw shouldnt be too high.

I know we are expecting miracles from this machine.....but lets keep our expectations within reason.

A figure 8 is enough to power what we are realistically expecting esp with an internal power supply.
You have to factor the GPU which was touted as being more performant than the current RX 5700 XT. So either Xbox is just straight up lying or big Navi draws far less power than current Navi while still majorly outperforming it, which is highly unlikely.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
No DisplayPort input? How are they doing 120Hz?

HDMI can do 120Hz....the Xbox One X already does this today.
If you mean 4K + 120Hz
HDMI 2.1.

P.S Input? I assume you mean output?

You have to factor the GPU which was touted as being more performant than the current RX 5700 XT. So either Xbox is just straight up lying or big Navi draws far less power than current Navi while still majorly outperforming it, which is highly unlikely.

We still dont actually know much about the APU being used.
If its mostly custom we can almost guarantee that power/heat was a major thing that was looked at.
A figure 8 should....should be fine, as for it actually out doing a 5700XT how would we even be able to quantify that.....like for like tests between closed platforms and PC are almost impossible?

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of digging the design the more I look at it. It'd look nice right beside my tv, kinda like a subwoofer.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
HDMI can do 120Hz....the Xbox One X already does this today.
If you mean 4K + 120Hz
HDMI 2.1.

P.S Input? I assume you mean output?

We still dont actually know much about the APU being used.
If its mostly custom we can almost guarantee that power/heat was a major thing that was looked at.
A figure 8 should....should be fine, as for it actually out doing a 5700XT how would we even be able to quantify that.....like for like tests between closed platforms and PC are almost impossible?
Digital Foundry spoke as if it wasn't PC vs console relative performance, they were talking about the actual hardware and architectural improvements.

I guess I was just hoping this gen would be a call back to previous ones where consoles launched outperforming all but the most expensive top end PCs.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
The Forza one looks amazing.
THe Halo one is stellar too......but its upsdie down.....since he released that render it has erked me to death.

DId he ever fix it?

Is The button next to the USB a sync controller button?
Also, why no premium Xbox 360S touch buttons?
I believe he might have fixed them. He makes lots of em - Different style and all.

And yeah I believe it is a Sync Button. And not too sure about 360S Touch Buttons. How did they look like?

EN7SkIRWAAEkeQl

more designs

EN7TAV8XkAAinJX

Love the ori one
EMKSUo1WwAIPeZ6

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Digital Foundry spoke as if it wasn't PC vs console relative performance, they were talking about the actual hardware and architectural improvements.

Speculated*

Im pretty sure through the whole article they mention they are speculating based on what they know and what PC hardware information we have(which is pretty much what we know) there are never putting any guarantees in.

Reasons for that is optimizations made by both Sony and MS on whatever hardware AMD gives them will change outcomes......the parts arent off the shelf parts, both companies have put their own spin on what AMD has.

Remember the 5700XT doesnt have HW Raytracing.....so comparing it directly to either the SX or S5 doesnt make much sense.....even if they might share architecture at their base level.

I believe he might have fixed them. He makes lots of em - Different style and all.

And yeah I believe it is a Sync Button. And not too sure about 360S Touch Buttons. How did they look like?

EN7SkIRWAAEkeQl

more designs

EN7TAV8XkAAinJX

Love the ori one
EMKSUo1WwAIPeZ6

They 360S button was a capacitive buttons like on you spmart phone screen.....even the OG Xbox One had the nexus as a cap button....so not really a button you just had to have your finger on it....yes cats fuck that shit up, but train your cat to not touch the light.
It was just a premium touch I really liked.
Strange really 250GB was considered premium during the 360 era......now we are complaining that 1TB might be too little.
The times they are a changing.

And im really liking these custom designs......get me one in white and gold....and im sold as fuck.
<--- The Black in Black Stride is literally because he was the only black member of his team.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I kept trying to figure out why it had a zipper on the front then realized that's the disc slot.

Can't say I'm a fan of this design especially coming from the 1X.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite port is the S/PDIF port, because it's the most fun to say.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I like how the art wraps around the console in those mock ups

the cyberpunk system is nice
as is the ori one

Last edited:

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
It's not a standard anywhere. Every single phone charger has an A port to that your cable goes in to, every single USB B and USB C cable people have at home from phones, Switch, charging stations, Kindles, PS4 controller, any technical toy stuff like cabinet lights or display lights or simply USB Sticks in any kind of form and use have an A port on one end so you can use it on any single charger, PC, laptop, TV's, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Switch.
Why the hell should it be a C on both ends? There's literally nothing you can connect it to cause nothing really uses that.

My recent phone chargers have a type c port, but overall you're right.

Getting back to the design, "Dude, you're getting a dell!". Guess I can put it next to the subwoofer and go for some kind of visual arrangement.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
After the PS4 Pro if this thing is silent that is all that matters, because the noise and vibrations the pro make are annoying.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
After the PS4 Pro if this thing is silent that is all that matters, because the noise and vibrations the pro make are annoying.
The Pro is the most hilariously noisy console I've ever owned, and I've owned the vast majority of consoles. The One X being smaller, more powerful, and whisper quiet has always been so impressive to me.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a standard anywhere. Every single phone charger has an A port to that your cable goes in to, every single USB B and USB C cable people have at home from phones, Switch, charging stations, Kindles, PS4 controller, any technical toy stuff like cabinet lights or display lights or simply USB Sticks in any kind of form and use have an A port on one end so you can use it on any single charger, PC, laptop, TV's, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Switch.
Why the hell should it be a C on both ends? There's literally nothing you can connect it to cause nothing really uses that.

Portable HDDs tend to come with C these days, but they also come with both C-C and A-C cables.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There better be a Halo Infinite launch edition of the Series X.

Looking at you Stinkles

What if it was SUPER subtle and "in-universe" and based on an unassuming, slightly matt finish oblong crate or technology component inside a spaceship!!?? With just some circular venting holes for Slipspace radiation and a four inch slit to accept Shaw Fujikawa navigation data discs?
Obviously we'd need to keep the power button and other user tools.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this has been asked before but what kind of trouble would this person be in?

Kind of strange half of the ventilation ports being blocked

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite port is the S/PDIF port, because it's the most fun to say.

I say "Spidiff" and also "Toss-Link" and I have had to say it more frequently recently since I got the Amazon Echo Atmos* speaker with "mini-toss-link"

* It's really a bargain for the price, but at this time only Amazon content streams with Atmos audio - for FireTV et al, but the 5.1 via mini-toss-link sounds very impressive both in terms of "size" and separation but also pure fidelity. Not surprised it keeps selling out. Secret gem.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's an ugly box but what did anyone expect? It's literally a PC tower that's a tech beast

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Anyone else think that the motherboard is in the center and they are using both sides for not just ports but for efficacy in cooling? (but having cpu on one side, and other hot components on the other)

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
What if it was SUPER subtle and "in-universe" and based on an unassuming, slightly matt finish oblong crate or technology component inside a spaceship!!?? With just some circular venting holes for Slipspace radiation and a four inch slit to accept Shaw Fujikawa navigation data discs?
Obviously we'd need to keep the power button and other user tools.

Hey, you can make it look like the bomb from Halo 2 for all I care.
The Chief helmet being the best Halo loot in the past 20 years saddens me. Let's do a console!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at all of the dislike for the look of it. I think it's a really cool, sleek looking piece of kit.
Agreed, It's one of the most aesthetically pleasing consoles I've ever seen TBH. It might only be behind the One X. That said, I very much am a fan of clean, minimal design. The more design flourishes a piece of tech has, the more chance I have of disliking it.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
The Pro is the most hilariously noisy console I've ever owned, and I've owned the vast majority of consoles. The One X being smaller, more powerful, and whisper quiet has always been so impressive to me.
Its ridiculous how loud it is it makes my desk shake when it starts up then it just stops and you think is it dead?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at all of the dislike for the look of it. I think it's a really cool, sleek looking piece of kit.
I like that it's one solid unit. No different shapes stacked on each other, no curved angles, no ridges, etc. Other than the crater shaped ventilation, it's Just a smooth box all around.

Last edited:

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
i think it goes on its side so you can probably fit it that way if you wanted to. Personally i sort of like the way it looks standing up, so i might throw an end table next to my entertainment center to do it. I think sony will go with a more traditional design.

Yeah I like it too standing up, though i'd like to have seen a kinda step thing at the top, bit like a vertical PS2 look.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I have some bad news for you then, if the PS5 as rumored is matching or close to this in internals it wont be far off the size of it. If it is a lot smaller I would have severe heating worries about it

I suppose we'll have to see. If they're both bigger by a lot then I guess I'll have to look at getting a new stand.

Aggie CMD

Dec 8, 2017
I will literally be able to unplug my One X and put the Series X in its place.

Will it support the Kinect via the USB adapter?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think my problem with all of these custom mockups is that they all end up looking like cardboard boxes of collectors editions games, with the real xbox waiting to be opened inside.