• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I like how it looks but I seriously don't know where would I put it near my TV, with the dimensions like this LOL.

Mar 18, 2018
On the front, maybe, but you'd have thought the rear would have one for HDDs
My USB 3.0 external drive has usb-a to usb-c cable so there's zero reasons to have usb-c ports on the xbox itself. Typically, hdd have it like that. You would have to buy a separate usb-c/usb-c cables for a number of devices and MS isn't that stupid to force their customers to do so

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Who takes a photo of something cool straight at the front and back and not at a cool angle? And of course it's on a carpet lol

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like I said. Microsoft are going to launch first. Power wise is still unknown but I'd heard very similar and launching first.

If this is fake it's a good one. If they are manufacturing in november that lines up with Phil taking his home.

Crazy ness.
U heard xsx is launching ahead of ps5 ?by how many weeks ?

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My USB 3.0 external drive has usb-a to usb-c cable so there's zero reasons to have usb-c ports on the xbox itself. Typically, hdd have it like that. You would have to buy a separate usb-c/usb-c cables for a number of devices and MS isn't that stupid to force their customers to do so

Yeah that's true, my portable HDD came with both A-C and C-C.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing new here actually. and sadly the full reveal should be in a couple weeks or months :( ..... but it does looks great. where can i order this thing MS?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
U heard xsx is launching ahead of ps5 ?by how many weeks ?

All I was told was MS plans to launch first with the most power and both consoles wont be cheap. I think its deffo safe to assume these boxes are going to be 500-600 dollars.

I could honestly see series x being 550 to 600 dollars and ms have already planned sales to be soft with a huge push for play where you want. As long as the games are selling/gamepass sign ups. We are in a different world.

What shocked me is you wouldn't believe how far in the toilet console sales were in the uk market last year. Switch is an outlier but console sales were 40-50 percent down peak yoy.

The graph that tracked sales from last gen to this gen was heartbreaking to see. I didnt realise the console market had shrunk that much in the uk.

This was from a senior position in uk retail...before someone says I got it from an employee in game ;)

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say that looks pretty cheap if real. Not BAD per se, but not like the high-end luxury console it supposedly is.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
What shocked me is you wouldn't believe how far in the toilet console sales were in the uk market last year. Switch is an outlier but console sales were 40-50 percent down peak yoy.

The graph that tracked sales from last gen to this gen was heartbreaking to see. I didnt realise the console market had shrunk that much in the uk.

This was from a senior position in uk retail...before someone says I got it from an employee in game ;)
Arent retail sales down completely in the uk not just consoles? even xmas didnt pick it up and if it continues i can't see new expensive consoles doing as well as they should.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people wanting C to C?

1) That would break existing wired controller compatibility
2) A to C can utilize the bandwidth just fine
3) most devices outside of controllers also connect via type A ports

is not having to worry about which way the connector goes in that important ?

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is does the back panel look consumer removable? Is it perhaps a modular console? Will we simply be able to slot in an upgrade instead of buying a whole new Pro box in a few years?

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
If XBox Series X production unit is ready, specs better than PS5, Game Pass, same price as PS5,
how Sony could survive XBox Series X launch?
giphy.gif

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Not clever posted that with the serial number so visible...

Looks like a compact PC tower from those angles. Would like it as a PC tower actually. Not a great look otherwise.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

LOL!
This was my exact same response.
I'm very excited for the Series X, but it really looks almost like a compact PC tower. I wish manufacturers would offer colors other than black at launch. I looked at my consoles hooked to the TV and count 5 black ones lol.

edit: and for the love of god why do people put consoles on CARPET?!??! These expensive ass consoles are sitting on wood with a ton of room to breathe. I'm still traumatized by the PS3 and 360 overheating deaths I had, and they were properly vented!!!

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So a couple of interesting things.
The unlabelled slot is there. Is this gonna be for M2 memory?

Also, to my eyes it looks as if the entire back panel is removable (or maybe the front is)
Is the padlock part of that to remove it, or is that for a Kensington security lock?

edit : it's the Kensington lock logo.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
That looks like a port that will allow m.2 memory add on. Probably set in an xbox proprietary shell. Very interesting. My guess is a 1tb or maybe even 500gb m.2 nvme ssd built in at launch. With future option to add more via that slot

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
That looks like a port that will allow m.2 memory add on. Probably set in an xbox proprietary shell. Very interesting. My guess is a 1tb or maybe even 500gb m.2 nvme ssd built in at launch. With future option to add more via that slot

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I had no idea those were so small until now. I guess it could be that.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
How fast is a m2 drive? Does it line up with the rumoured specs?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at all the people saying this is a controlled leak. They're a myth.

This isn't how Microsoft wants to show off a live version of their new hardware for the first time publicly. Don't be silly.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know exact figures but current ssd's transfer data in the hundreds. M.2 nvme is in the thousands. A windows pc can boot in like 10-15 seconds with one of them.
Okay but wouldn't that put XSX well behind PS5 if that's what MS is using? Sony claimed their drive was faster than anything on the market.
On the other hand, being able to easily add more disc space would be nice.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If PS5 price point is gonna be revealed by Feb 5th, I think someone's gonna spill the beans for XSX also.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
It's the new standard.
It always fits.
It's much faster with data transfer.
It charges faster.
It's 2020.
FYI USB-C is just a standard for a connector and it doesn't specify an underlying protocol. USB-C can carry USB2, USB3, TB3 or USB4 (in the future). So having USB-C doesn't necessarily mean that it will charge something faster or transfer more data.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Okay but wouldn't that put XSX well behind PS5 if that's what MS is using? Sony claimed their drive was faster than anything on the market.
On the other hand, being able to easily add more disc space would be nice.
Sony would say that. M.2 they are using might be slightly customised. If true, i imagine microsoft will follow suit. Both consoles will have that type of memory next gen. its widely available in pc market. Its nothing new.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's the new standard.
It always fits.
It's much faster with data transfer.
It charges faster.
It's 2020.

It's not a standard anywhere. Every single phone charger has an A port to that your cable goes in to, every single USB B and USB C cable people have at home from phones, Switch, charging stations, Kindles, PS4 controller, any technical toy stuff like cabinet lights or display lights or simply USB Sticks in any kind of form and use have an A port on one end so you can use it on any single charger, PC, laptop, TV's, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Switch.
Why the hell should it be a C on both ends? There's literally nothing you can connect it to cause nothing really uses that.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty unflattering images tbh. Looks like a low end plasticky ITX/ATX PC tower.

If XBox Series X production unit is ready, specs better than PS5, Game Pass, same price as PS5,
how Sony could survive XBox Series X launch?

All of that exists now and the PS4/Pro still sells far better than the One/X. I'd imagine the PS5 goes on to sell better for the same reasons, the games. Though I'd expect both systems to sell pretty much equally well or sell out over the launch period.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
It's not a standard anywhere. Every single phone charger has an A port to that your cable goes in to, every single USB B and USB C cable people have at home from phones, Switch, PS4 controller have an A port on one end so you can use it on any single charger, PC, laptop, TV's, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Switch.
Why the hell should it be a C on both ends? There's literally nothing you can connect it to cause nothing really uses that.

Let me rephrase: it's on it's way in becoming the standard. It's just part of moving forward.

DS5 will most likely have USB-C.