• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Remastered:
1rLIbTO.jpg

Original:
8PfZlAl.jpg

Update from EA:
Fellow Command & Conquer fans,
We are approaching the conclusion of our pre-production phase, having achieved several of our key milestones since our last Reddit post. During March we delivered our first playable campaign mission (GDI Mission 1), which included multiple samples of the remastered art running at 4k. This was accompanied by a more complete Visual Target image, which helps the dev team align around our goals for the artistic fidelity. We are now in the middle of getting Multiplayer up and running for the first time, along with dozens of art assets iterating towards their finalized look. Last week we showed many of these items to the Community Council, and continue to receive fantastic feedback via their contributions.
With that in mind, today we wanted to share a glimpse of the pre-production work with all of you here in the C&C community. And this is the first time anyone outside of EA or the Community Council has seen work from the Remaster. In this spirit, we felt it appropriate to start with one of the first assets you see in Command & Conquer - the classic Construction Yard.
Now, if you've been reading our previous posts, our primary goal with the visual approach is to maintain the authenticity of the original in-game asset. It's worth calling out that if there's a conflict between the in-game asset, cinematic asset, or UI portrait, we're always going to side with the in-game asset. That being said, if there are opportunities to pull in details from the cinematic footage to enhance an asset, we'll do our best to incorporate those details. A good example here would be the blue pattern / texturing on the Con Yard door (Inspired by the classic Con Yard unpacking cinematic).
As always, we are eager to hear your thoughts in the comments, and looking forward to sharing more details about the visual approach down the line.
Cheers,
Jim Vessella
Jimtern

Command and Conquer me if old

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but does it have a super satisfying deploy animation

tenor.gif

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Can't wait for these, I loved the original and red alert, then... it started to go a bit weird. Tiberium Sun was the last one I enjoyed. I tried to enjoy the 3d ones but they started to dumb it down way too much for my liking :(

Do we know if this is console too? I know mouse and keyboard always wins for this, but I REALLY want to play on the big screen in 4k with a controller in my pants.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
just seeing this puts butterfly's in my stomach, this makes me feel like we might actually get:

1. A The Sims 1 remake

2. A GOOD The Sims 1 remake

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
They will never do it but i would loooove to see some fucking modern day b-grade acting again in a video game

get tim curry back on the phone

get jk simmons in the same scene as him

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I can hear act on instinct in my head again just looking at it.
Can't wait for these, its good for this to be in good hands with Petroglyph.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Doing it the Starcraft Remastered way honestly concerns me a bit cause I did not like how that looks and feels. Same kind of issue I have with Street Fighter 2 HD and even that fan-made Sonic 2 HD remake. When you're updating the fidelity of the raw assets while still slavishly retaining the same visual feel and direction of the original it all too often ends up creating this really jarring juxtaposition.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope so. Red Alert 2 is my favorite RTS game ever!

Red alert 2, battle for middle earth 2, age of empires 2 and starcraft 2 are my favorite RTS games! Wait....I feel like there is some kind of pattern there but I can't see it....

Also warcraft 3 but I didn't want to break the streak ;)

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't change the sidebar. I always loved those semi-realistic photos of buildings and units.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super mad they are remastering mediocre games instead of Red Alert 2 and Yuri Revenge
I feel like it's easier to remaster sprite based games than games based on a weird Voxel engine.

Also, RA2 / Yuri's Revenge still looks fantastic. There's fanmods that allow you to play the game at a smooth1920p60.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should make a Red Alert 4 where the US is the one who became fascist in the absence of Nazi Germany

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I feel like it's easier to remaster sprite based games than games based on a weird Voxel engine.

Also, RA2 / Yuri's Revenge still looks fantastic. There's fanmods that allow you to play the game at a smooth1920p60.

Tbh i just want good online it looks fantastic yes but UI improvements could be nice touch with modern online system
OpenRA2 is still good but alienates a lot of people due its not "official" product

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's way better than I was expecting. I wish more games with pre-rendered assets got that level of care.

I'm looking at you Square-Enix.