• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just in case folks don't know or want to avoid spoilers

Here's the first look at Batgirl's villain, Firefly

FM4WEXcVcAAs9ct

FM4M39kXEAAU7pC

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Firefighter outfit, WW1 gas mask and flame thrower, going for a grounded feel for this show it seems.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Ha, I just finished watching all the Batman TAS episodes so I know who this is.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Hard to judge by these shots alone, but first impressions are he looks a little too Steam-punky?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Very interested to see how Glasgow ends up looking like Gotham.

Also how Firefly can be a convincing enough villain for a full-length movie.

My same thought. I think I remember there being a good Gotham Central arc with him in it, but barring that and them finding some kind of personal stakes, I'm not sure what they can do with him.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
My same thought. I think I remember there being a good Gotham Central arc with him in it, but barring that and them finding some kind of personal stakes, I'm not sure what they can do with him.
Right. And I also think Gotham's version was.....ok? But yeah, it's a distinctly B-tier villain but maybe there is stuff in the background where they want to save the big-names for Batman himself?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Right. And I also think Gotham's version was.....ok? But yeah, it's a distinctly B-tier villain but maybe there is stuff in the background where they want to save the big-names for Batman himself?

Maybe. I mean, there's room to explore with them at least. If we get lucky we could get a Mr. Freeze situation where they make them far more interesting in an adaptation.

If they had a bunch of villains off limits I'd think they'd still have some more interesting options at least, so hopefully they've got something up their sleeve. I can't imagine a standard Batman movie using Mad Hatter (despite him being more famous than Firefly) or The Architect, Professor Pyg, etc.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Maybe. I mean, there's room to explore with them at least. If we get lucky we could get a Mr. Freeze situation where they make them far more interesting in an adaptation.

If they had a bunch of villains off limits I'd think they'd still have some more interesting options at least, so hopefully they've got something up their sleeve. I can't imagine a standard Batman movie using Mad Hatter (despite him being more famous than Firefly) or The Architect, Professor Pyg, etc.
True true, hell, we are already rumoured for yet another do-over for the Joker in the next (next next?) Batman movie. A film series would be 4/5 movies deep before considering those guys and then be ripe for a reboot itself regardless.