• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Here's the first look at the new Xbox user interface, coming later this year on Series X and Xbox One:

Xbox-Store-FR-1920px.png

Profile-Themes-Console-PC-Mobile-Comps-FR-1920px.png

Xbox-PC-Game-Pass-No-Bezel-FR.png

Xbox-Store-FR-1920px.png

I'm using the new Store App on my X1X and I have to say that it's really good and fast! Good job Microsoft.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I'm glad they are trying to unify the design in every place it is. A lot less clutter

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at the phone integration! Makes complete sense, can't believe I haven't thought of that being a pain point despite obviously being inconvenienced by it.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love that it's one design language across all devices too.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I like the existing interface, outside of the slowness here and there (OG Xbox One here - can't speak for S or X). Glad to hear it's getting speedier with some little tweaks here and there.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Iz tasty!

Looking forward to a deeper reveal with features and other info but the overall refresh looks great.

anf

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, USA
Looks nice and focused on launching games. Really like the fact that they are talking about speed as a main driving factor.

Switch OS is my favorite just because of this.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Simple and effective. Nice. Waaaaaaay better than the current UI. I like. Using your phone for text is also just *mwah*

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, just the current dash with a few new visual touches. Rounded corners notably.

(I eagerly await people saying it's a million times better when it's the exact same thing we have now, ssd goes a long way).

New mobile app looks really nice though.

Edit: also was anyone else incredibly annoyed by that video? Show me the UI, not people talking.

AGN

Alt Account
Banned
May 13, 2020
Looks great as long as it's actually unified design. One of my greatest annoyances with Windows is how it's not unified in terms of design. If they can nail that and get the OS to be snappy it will be a great experience.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I haven't seen the Xbox One dashboard in a couple of years. How different is this from that? I love the look. Its clean and clutter free. I'm a sucker for that (I am designer, so y'all know why). The design team at Xbox are really masters at their craft (industrial, experience, graphic).

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Aside from the redesign of the cell phone I'm not seeing much of a change from what I currently use on it.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember the launch Xbox one dash? That thing never even had a battery indicator for your controller.

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really nice. Can't wait.

On a side note, I had no idea Tobey Maguire worked for Xbox now.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Looks nice. Basically the same as it is now, which is pretty good, just cleaned up a bit.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Looks great!

The best thing about this? They continue to advance speed/functionality and introduce features all throughout the gen. Look at the XB1 dash at launch compared to now; it could practically be two different systems. I can only imagine how much better the XSX UI/features will get throughout the generation.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks sleek. And Jon Hildebrant looks like a knock off Elijah Wood.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen the Xbox One dashboard in a couple of years. How different is this from that? I love the look. Its clean and clutter free. I'm a sucker for that (I am designer, so y'all know why). The design team at Xbox are really masters at their craft (industrial, experience, graphic).
It's almost exactly the same as the current dash.