• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

looks like a decent improvement for sure!

so dark! it's definitely in the DC universe šŸ˜¼

May 24, 2019
Here's Shazam 1 for comparison
nyUH2jk.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh! Those are really nice. I keep forgetting there's a sequel coming for this, so every time I hear about it again I get really excited. I absolutely adored the original film. It's one of my favorite superhero films in general.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh geez, Grace is in the suit, oh lordy *sweat*

Also the dude on the right looks like a comic accurate Shazam, just needs to shave

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I'm so glad they didn't spoil the Shazam Family in the marketing for the first film, it was such a great and surprising payoff.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
While I really liked the whole family, I feel like keeping them powered up kinda cheapens Shazap as a character. He's just one of many now

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Still irks me a little bit how the women costumes just have to show more skin than the men's.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they're still doing this. Those child actors from the first movie are like 3 years older now.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
While I really liked the whole family, I feel like keeping them powered up kinda cheapens Shazap as a character. He's just one of many now

This has been the case with these characters since pretty much the beginning. Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel existed over a decade before Supergirl first showed up.

JetEagle

Dec 21, 2020
Australia
I think this are an improvement, and that's from someone who liked them the first time around.
But I really have to roll my eyes at making the skirt way shorter.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Why is one of them wearing a skirt that is now even SHORTER than on the first movie?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
This has been the case with these characters since pretty much the beginning. Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel existed over a decade before Supergirl first showed up.

1942 in fact.

CaptainMarvel18.jpg

WhizComicsNo34.jpg

Granted that the Lieutenant Marvels appeared much less frequently, but Junior and Mary has their own popular titles.

Captain Marvel Junior was also a big favorite of Elvis, who modeled his look on him, particularly the hair and half-cape.

Last edited:

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Actual designs and materials look great but they look to have gone a bit too far with muting the colours to me - like one of these dudes was bright green before, now he looks like Black Adam instead. Shazam had fun with its goofiness, this looks a little embarrassed of it?

I have faith in the director either way, it's not a high hurdle to clear granted but the first one was the best DCEU movie, I hope he nails it again.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Right, which made it all the more awesome when they appeared on-screen. Like Wijuci said, they kept it so secret and I had zero idea they were in the movie.

Damn, they really nailed the Shazam movie. I'm super hyped for the sequel and and hope they can pull off Black Adam with the same love and care.
I'm so glad they didn't spoil the Shazam Family in the marketing for the first film, it was such a great and surprising payoff.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They definitely went out of their way to make that skirt shorter than the first movie to the point where it looks ridiculous.

Why can't both women have full suits like the men?