• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Reddit user managed to unlock more menu's in the flight build. This is not final so always can change.

lOxbEdU.png

JV2u2aw.png

iN5zOgl.png

rCXNJGi.png

WCg5o4M.png

YIULW0C.png

P0z2GfW.png

LYUH5lp.png

T0UGT3g.png

vHbTqkv.png

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
God, I cannot wait for this. Even though I barely played Halo until Reach, the menus are oddly nostalgic, I love their designs.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
What always annoyed me about the MCC is that you can't just randomly join someone for co-op campaign. There's not even any kind of browser, its all invite only.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Thank god there's a centralised graphics settings menu. I've been hemming and hawing over whether to create a performance thread for each title or a potentially unwieldy general one.

Oct 27, 2017
it says Halo 5 there.. would be cool to have the campaign on the PC.
Yep, first thing I noticed.

It's there on the XBO version, replacing the Halo 5 Beta link which was there for years. If you click it, it launches the Halo 5 store page. If you already have Halo 5 installed, it launches the game.

Maybe they haven't turned the option off for the PC version yet. Or maybe it'll change to Halo 5 Forge.

Or maybe Halo 5 is coming to PC and they haven't announced it yet. Who can say?

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I hope they leave the Splitscreen in this time.
Hate how often that gets removed in PC versions.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
If they let me make shortcuts to each individual game I'll love them forever.

What always annoyed me about the MCC is that you can't just randomly join someone for co-op campaign. There's not even any kind of browser, its all invite only.
Also this. I want to just jump in, shoot some shit online, and then fade out. Server lists need to make a comeback.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

The original campaigns were like that. I guess 343 couldn't change it.

Halo: Reach actually had a matchmaking playlist for Campaign (and Firefight), but it wasn't a good experience back then.

Mainly because the games netcode in modes with AI was subpar, so you better hoped that you were the host and not the guy from an other continent or you'd end up with horrible input delay and lag. Also, there were several quitters and griefers arround, which actually made me quit playing Campaign matchmaking.

That being said, I'd obviously still support that option, because options are great and the experience back then doesn't neccessarily mean that we'd end up with the same experience today.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Speaking of menus, is it already a thing to be able to have authentic Halo 1/2/3/etc menus with same UI and music as the original games? If not, it'd be pretty cool to be able to select which game's main menu to boot into when you start the game.