• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks quite cool.

Surprised the vehicles are 9 seaters, that feels like a ton for a dark ride.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the next level of Hunny Hunt's trackless tech. Belle with the lantern is insane

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that looks incredible. The Beast's jacket has some incredible texture on it too. And why couldn't Emma Watson wear a dress like that?

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I'd be down for some live action theater with animatronics like this. shit would be wild.

Oct 28, 2017
The animatronics looks fantastic. I wonder if they're getting to a level to replace CG in some movie situations again, or no?

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Disney made the right choice theming this after the animated film and not the live action version.

I want to throw up just thinking about it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That looks amazing.

When they translate that tech to sex robots I swear some people are going to starve to death in their own house...

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Where are the people who said we "need" those goofy-ass projection faces now, huh? HUH? :P

Seriously though I'm envious of people who can go to Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea with frequency. Those seem like the absolute best parks....

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1S0G95p.gif

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
This looks great! Looks like they're using techniques learned from the Frozen Norway ride, but on a grander scale (and no projection faces!). God I wish this would come to New Fantasyland in WDW. Bulldoze Little Mermaid if you have to.

Seriously though I'm envious of people who can go to Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea with frequency. Those seem like the absolute best parks....

They're great, but Animal Kingdom is right up there with them. Especially now that it what might be the best land/ride in the world with Avatar.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks great! Looks like they're using techniques learned from the Frozen Norway ride, but on a grander scale. God I wish this would come to New Fantasyland in WDW. Bulldoze Little Mermaid if you have ti
Why would you want to bulldoze this?
giphy.gif

I know this was DCA

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017
That is unreal, it's so good. And somehow it doesn't generate any creepiness or uncanny valley effect. Perhaps it's still cartoony enough?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can this please come to Florida? The castle is already there. It should be more than a restaurant.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
It looks like my dream of a ride taking you through the ballroom during the famous dance is finally coming true! I just hope the ballroom is to scale.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Disney made the right choice theming this after the animated film and not the live action version.

I want to throw up just thinking about it.

Tokyo Disney isn't actually run by Disney. A third party company licenses the Disney properties for those parks although Disney does have final say on creative ideas. It's why the budget for their rides and the theming there is so much better than what we are getting in the actual Disney run parks here in the US.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I cannot believe how amazing this looks. I was never a huge fan of the movie based rides, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Nemo at Epcot, etc, and I only just went on Frozen for the first time at Epcot but the projected on faces were creepy.

This on the other hand looks outstanding. Worth a trip to Tokyo Disney just to ride this. Can't wait.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn those animatronics are insane!

I'm on my way to Disneyland Paris right now tho :D

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Looks amazing. I just came back from Disneyland Paris (first time I went since being about 4/5/6 years old) and had an incredible time. Going to Florida or Tokyo at some point would be a dream but I doubt we could afford it for a long time. Will still try to go to DLP again next year though, a lot of rides were closed at the time.

Last edited:

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
I was incredibly impressed by Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland but that is seriously beyond anything I have seen at either of Tokyo parks. Seriously amazing.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a big fan of Tokyo Disney. Been there four times this year, it's so great and reasonably priced. Looking forward to Beauty and the Beast area.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm impressed in how much Animattronics have stepped up their games in recent years. I recall the Shanghai Pirates of the Caribbean ride wowing me a lot, and that was a few years ago right? It's cool they are stepping up beyond it though.

One wonders if they would use any part of the 2017 remake of Beauty and the Beast at all or not, like music or something. I'm leaning more towards not.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit those animatronics. I had no idea they had gotten so advanced. When I think animatronics all I picture is jank ass Chuck E. Cheese lol.