• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
EhgCMjzU4AA6x9i

VERY promising! Honestly this is one of the most faithful-looking revivals I've seen outside of Nick's stuff like Hey Arnold and Rocko. Hope a trailer finally drops soon, as this is due in TWO MONTHS on November 20th on Hulu!

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love it. The authentic original designs but with the expressiveness of modern animation.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this is on Hulu and not HBO Max? Wow does that bring back memories for me though!

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it doesn't look like Adventure Time like every other cartoon reboot

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is that really from the new cartoon?

It's honestly pleasantly surprising that it looks exactly like the old one.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the obscure "for kids" Hollywood references stay a thing. Its one of those shows where you pick up a ton of jokes that were not at all aimed at kids outside of maybe a physical pratfall or silly visual gag.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm seriously impressed by the art style. I thought they'd do a Ducktales or something.

hqdefault.jpg

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow, that's a pleasant surprise!

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the obscure "for kids" Hollywood references stay a thing. Its one of those shows where you pick up a ton of jokes that were not at all aimed at kids outside of maybe a physical pratfall or silly visual gag.
youtu.be

Animaniacs - Variety Speak

A song about how to read the headlines in Variety Magazine.

I still cannot believe that they did a nearly 2-minute long, fully animated, song and dance about a Hollywood industry-newspaper on a children's TV show.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
youtu.be

I still cannot believe that they did a nearly 2-minute long, fully animated, song and dance about a Hollywood industry-newspaper on a children's TV show.
And I was at just the right age to kinda get it and I loved every second of it cause it made "kid" me think I was smarter than my friends and parents.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what modern-day celebrities they will be roasting this time? There is a guarantee that the Kardashians/Kanye will be in there, in some form.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

As a kid of like 11ish, it was something I really liked about the show as my parents watched a lot of older films and used to let me sit in so I was often on the cusp of kinda sorta getting the general idea of the joke even if I didn't know the actual reference. Even stuff like Brain's voice being a spoof on Orson Welles among other things were not lost on me.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I wonder what modern-day celebrities they will be roasting this time? There is a guarantee that the Kardashians/Kanye will be in there, in some form.

Something tells me whoever they pick for the heckling, no one will come out unscratched.

I guess they replaced Thaddeus Plotz with another exec?

I'm much more interested to know who the muscle-bound fabio fella is on the executives left and the singer on top of the water tower. I recognized the security guard almost immediately, but I have a feeling Thaddeus either retired or was replaced with a new president.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they look right. I'm surprised they weren't hideously redesigned like so many other 'revived' characters.

I won't hold my breath for the actual animation quality to resemble the original. The fluidity/motion in western cartoons just hasn't been there in years like it used to due to new / cheaper animation techniques.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Thank god , I thought it was gonna have that weird art style that Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or that new Battletoads which is god awful to me.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm seriously impressed by the art style. I thought they'd do a Ducktales or something.

hqdefault.jpg
Animaniacs is directly targeting the nostalgia factor*. Duck Tales was readapting old IP for a fresh, new audience.

(*Which is interesting, in that Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs, also targeted nostalgia in their original form.)

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for this but I'm not expecting it to last beyond the initial episode order. In the three years since this was announced Disney took on sole ownership of Hulu and Warner Bros. of course has their own streaming platform now. I can't imagine they'll continue to play nice with one another.