• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how in on the joke this is gonna be. The last thing anyone needs is a remake of scooby doo played straight.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I for some reason thought this was about the Scoob and Shag webcomic.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
So the character designs look pretty good, I'm sure the animation will be fine but are they seriously just calling this movie Scoob?

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure how I feel about Frank Welker not voicing Fred. Why mess with perfection?

I'll check it out, but it will have to be pretty amazing to even come close to Mystery, Inc. levels of greatness.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Freddy...
giphy.gif

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I wonder how in on the joke this is gonna be. The last thing anyone needs is a remake of scooby doo played straight.

I dunno, I think, say, "the real bad guy was the apartment owner trying to scare his tenants away so they could renovate it into an AirBnB" is an extremely relevant idea for a believable Scooby Doo villain gimmick. I just don't want something like that live-action film from 2002 which was trying to be too smart for its source material and just wasn't good to watch either.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, I think, say, "the real bad guy was the apartment owner trying to scare his tenants away so they could renovate it into an AirBnB" is an extremely relevant idea for a believable Scooby Doo villain gimmick. I just don't want something like that live-action film from 2002 which was trying to be too smart for its source material and just wasn't good to watch either.

I mean, that's still "old man johnson's up to his bullshit again, guess it's up to these kids to figure it out". We've been there.

I would hope this would lean more Mystery Inc where it takes the half jokes and memes and wink nods across the past 4 decades of Scooby Doo and molds them into something fun and interesting. Because real talk, The Scooby Squad knows more pleasant and upstanding ghosts than they do evil ones.

But like, WE JUST did Hey You! Scooby Doo. We don't need another reboot that's just Scooby Doo Again.

I totally believe neo fred would be on that romper tip.

Mar 3, 2019
This just makes we wish they could do another semi-serious one like scooby doo on zombie island, still the goat scooby movie

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone please put Brazzers on that pic of Scoob and Shag on the bed? I would but I'm on my phone

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
what the hell is wrong with freds face
where the hell is fred's ascot
why the hell isn't welker voicing fred
why do the makers of this film hate fred so much

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
So this is still gonna have Blue Falcon, Dick Dastardly, and Captain Caveman in it? They still want to do the HB Cinematic Universe?

These stills look great, though. It's a bit odd that Scooby and Shaggy are still largely in their usual look while everyone else is "updated" a bit, but whatever. Going to be weird to see some of the other characters though.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Fred always had a power chin, i think it looks good enough. This movie is also a testament that Velma is the best of em all, and that her design is timeless. Everyone out here looking like a god damn millennial and Velma is rocking her classic 60s outfit like its nobodies business.