• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
What does that mean? Can she do more than just scratch and bite? I'm not familiar with the comic character so I was wondering what the powers are.

The Barbara Ann Minerva and Sebastian Ballesteros incarnations of the Cheetah exhibit similar abilities. Their basic attributes consist of enhanced strength and speed well beyond that of the most powerful felines, as well as heightened senses of smell and hearing for hunts and night vision for stealth. Their reflexes and agility are similarly augmented, allowing them superior gymnastic and parkour feats for inhuman mobility. These superhuman traits allow them to challenge Wonder Woman in physical battles. Additionally, their fangs and claws are preternaturally sharp and strong. (While the two more modern incarnations of the Cheetah possess superhuman powers, the earlier versions of Priscilla Rich and Deborah Domaine do not.)

Originally only able to change during a full moon and remaining weak and frail in her human body, Barbara Ann Minerva was chemically enhanced by the sorceress Circe to remain in her Cheetah body indefinitely and change at will. This also gave her dominion over all species of felines. In The New 52 continuity, Barbara Ann Minerva is shown to pierce Superman's invulnerable skin with her fangs just as easily as if he were human. Additionally, her bite transfers some of her powers into her victims, turning them into bestial human-feline hybrids under her control.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
What does that mean? Can she do more than just scratch and bite? I'm not familiar with the comic character so I was wondering what the powers are.
New52 Cheetah could bite people and turn them into servants. She did that to Superman.

The same version also registers as one of DC's fastest metahumans.

I'm guessing whatever movie Cheetah's up to will involve magical artifacts or Max Lord.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
beauty-and-the-beast.jpg

I've seen stranger.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I was expecting less Cheeta than that, but it seems perfect!

After Aquaman, they certainly learned that they can just throw comic book shit at the screen and it works, don't need to make it "more believable/realistic" or whatever, it's a fucking cheeta woman, make her look likea cheeta woman.

May 10, 2019
For a second there I thought this was Cheetara from a ThunderCats live action movie. It's not bad but need to see more.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awaiting the fight with Wonder Woman.

cheetah-rain.gif

Wonder Woman arrives riding lightning

cheetah-dusty-closeup.jpg

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
She looks like cheetah-Mystique.

I have no attachment to the character so I guess if that's what she looks like, fine. Not exactly thrilling though.

She also kinda reminds of the alien from Species for some reason.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Until I read further I initally thought she was playing Cheetara and we were getting a live action Thundercats movie.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I see no car features on her face. Especially when you look at the comic, animated shows. Games. Wonder if this is her base form? In comics she becomes even more feral.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Looks pretty bad. Although I'm not sure if there's a good way of doing a human-cheetah hybrid in a live action movie. Maybe this was the least bad design possible.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Thats already more powers than DCEU Wonder Woman without equipment.

Not only that, but it gives them an opening to give Wonder Woman and Steve a child who would be suddenly an adult in modern day. I would not be surprised if they went that way, as it would introduce a new character to the franchise who could be used as an eventual replacement for Gal Gadot.

Steve the guy who died in like 1917, can have a kid with Diana?
They could have chosen any time frame before Man of Steel and probably made the exact same movie....the 80s is all about style I feel.
I see there are no Thundercats fans here cause first thing she remind me off was Cheetara.
latest

Thats because Cheetara reminded us of Cheetah....not the other way round.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Isn't this like a MAJOR spoiler for the movie? I saw Kristen Wiig in the trailer but had no idea she transforms into Wonder Woman's biggest foe! I'm not a comic reader however I've watched enough DC animated movies to be familiar with Cheetah. Didn't have a clue as to what her origins were.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Isn't this like a MAJOR spoiler for the movie? I saw Kristen Wiig in the trailer but had no idea she transforms into Wonder Woman's biggest foe! I'm not a comic reader however I've watched enough DC animated movies to be familiar with Cheetah. Didn't have a clue as to what her origins were.
It's not a spoiler. When she was cast in the movie, they said right away who she was playing. The next trailer will for sure have our first look of her in Cheetah form.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's not a spoiler. When she was cast in the movie, they said right away who she was playing. The next trailer will for sure have our first look of her in Cheetah form.
That's crazy, I thought she'd just be her silly comic relief friend. I didn't ever think of Kristen Wiig as a super villain lol

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

But they told us who she was playing Barbara Minerva.....so we knew she was gonna become Cheetah eventually.

Thats like if the next Spiderman they cast an actor as Norman Osborn.....then a preview comes out and it shows him as The Green Goblin....are we really gonna come out and say ohh shit Norman Osborn is the Green Goblin...what a MAJOR spoiler

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
But they told us who she was playing Barbara Minerva.....so we knew she was gonna become Cheetah eventually.

Thats like if the next Spiderman they cast an actor as Norman Osborn.....then a preview comes out and it shows him as The Green Goblin....are we really gonna come out and say ohh shit Norman Osborn is the Green Goblin...what a MAJOR spoiler
I'm not a big enough Wonder Woman fan to have ever heard the name Barbara Minerva. I'm familiar with Cheetah from some animated movies but I didn't even know she was once human. Just coming off that WW1984 trailer I had no clue Kristen Wiig was anything but a side kick. So while this definitely wasn't a spoiler, it sure spoiled something for me haha

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I look forward to seeing some official media.

...because that shit looks fucking awful and I'm pretty sure the OP stating that "it looks great" colored about half of the comments here.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
It looks freaking awful but at least its not as creepy as the shit in Cats

Dont think you can make a good cheetah in live action anyways so this is prolly the best we were gonna get