• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
my friend said he looked like Link so i did this. sorry.
A42gXG5l.jpeg

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cool suit, combo of snake and cap. Don't recall the comic that much, been years, is this an OC for the show?

In the comics, there was a Soldier Boy I, but he was an idiot who got himself and others killed during the war, and then there is a Soldier Boy III in the present, who claims to be the original one, but is actually much younger, just carrying the title as marketing, and also a coward. This character, at least based on the marketing for the show, is supposed to be an actually successful Soldier Boy I who lived up to present day.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Only thing I could find is he didn't want to engage in the Sam dean shipping stuff at cons when fans would ask questions about it. And that's like, the characters aren't gay. Just because there's a section of fandom that is into wincest doesn't mean he has to pander to it
That's all I managed to get as well. He's always seemed like a really nice guy in all the interviews and fan interactions I've read about him, so I'd be super disappointed if he turned out to be a homophobe.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
That's because it's bullshit.

But people can just randomly claim whatever they want about a person because they saw a tweet once without consequence so hey, why not claim someone hates gay people?

I just heard from my best friend who obsessively follows con culture and voice actors and stuff said he's been known to say things like "that queer shit" at cons. But it was years ago. I don't have a source for it. Believe what you want, I have no agenda nor care if people "cancel" him or not. I'm just wary of him.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I just heard from my best friend who obsessively follows con culture and voice actors and stuff said he's been known to say things like "that queer shit" at cons. But it was years ago. I don't have a source for it. Believe what you want, I have no agenda nor care if people "cancel" him or not. I'm just wary of him.
That honestly isn't enough evidence to just straight up call the guy a homophobe.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
"The Boys?"
"That's right Snake, The Boys. Group of armed and deadly vigilantes who will stop at nothing in fighting The Seven. They are force to be reckoned with, even if they are mostly humans without any V injection".
"Huh..."
BF4-D7-CC8-36-CD-4-F26-9-E67-E61-E55-FB61-CD.jpg

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
So you just heard "stuff" ? Uhhh

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to Google search his alleged homophobia but didn't find any credible results. Where did you get this info from?

A fan wrote a paper about Dean and Castiel and Dean as bi rep and tried to get it autographed and he wrote something like "??? No" next to the line about Dean being bi. (My understanding is that fan went on to write a book about a fangirl at a con who ships something and is antagonized and then joins the team of the show and from the success of that work she got a job on Riverdale and wrote the "I'm a weirdo" speech. So in some ways Jensen is responsible for that.) He was kind of antagonistic and uncomfortable when asked about the pairing, which is not the incestuous one, at least earlier on.

Supposedly he revised a lot of his opinions on that over time and was more positive about the idea of Dean being bisexual and was even the one who pushed to have little details in for the shippers in the final episodes.

I got all of this via osmosis of knowing people who were hardcore obsessed with this show and wouldn't shut up about it since the fall, so some of my info might be slightly off.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
A fan wrote a paper about Dean and Castiel and Dean as bi rep and tried to get it autographed and he wrote something like "??? No" next to the line about Dean being bi. (My understanding is that fan went on to write a book about a fangirl at a con who ships something and is antagonized and then joins the team of the show and from the success of that work she got a job on Riverdale and wrote the "I'm a weirdo" speech. So in some ways Jensen is responsible for that.) He was kind of antagonistic and uncomfortable when asked about the pairing, which is not the incestuous one, at least earlier on.

Supposedly he revised a lot of his opinions on that over time and was more positive about the idea of Dean being bisexual and was even the one who pushed to have little details in for the shippers in the final episodes.

I got all of this via osmosis of knowing people who were hardcore obsessed with this show and wouldn't shut up about it since the fall, so some of my info might be slightly off.
That is all very interesting, albeit bizarre, haha. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he doesn't really come across as homophobic based on all of that, even keeping in mind the "??? No." In any case, thanks for the summary, it sure is something!

That is extremely vague and labeling him a "big old homophobe" based on that is quite unfortunate. It's so easy to ruin someone's reputation in this day and age, so it's best to be very careful about logically weighing any information you're given before making it public.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't blame Jensen for not wanting to deal with shipping given the horrendous shit some shippers have said about him and his wife as well as Jared and his wife.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't about Sam and Dean. There was a Supernatural Con where the people in charge stated that there were to be no "shipping" questions. Rumors started that it came from Ackles because of the Dean and Castiel ship, and people ran with it. Since then a lot of LGBTQ people have come to their defense sharing pics with him while holding pride flags, or sharing coming out stories with him and getting words of encouragement. He also posted a message of support after the Pulse shooting. Plus his aunt is gay and he's supportive of that, so...

I don't think there's really anything there.

This reads more like keeping the shippers at bay and not clogging panels with the nonsense. Supernatural shippers could be fiercely annoying at best and downright vicious at worst. Destiel fans were among the most obnoxious to deal with, and they were like this way before the confirmation happened.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just keep it to yourself then. No one needs to read false information just because you have a "feeling" about it.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Okay I just googled it and apparently they're going to adapt this. Christ, why.

The show adapted lot of things and has gone through many lengths to change the original comic plot lines and presentation. Herogasm on screen is likely going to look and be nothing at all like the comic book going by how the whole show has gone on so far.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Based on how "amazing" this "fan base" can be, is fucking ridiculous to call him out without real evidence, his wife and family were targets from those fucking fans, the same happened to Jared, were people would called them the most absurd stuff and going as far as to ridicularize them and their significant others and even antagonize them with the most vile shit.
Going by "my uncle at Nintendo told me" is not a good way to start this kind os discussion.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The fuck is this? Come on, man.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I love the look, it has an army soldier asthetic to it. I hope Jensen Ackles is a regular for the show.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tales from the ass as it were

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
It wasn't about Sam and Dean. There was a Supernatural Con where the people in charge stated that there were to be no "shipping" questions. Rumors started that it came from Ackles because of the Dean and Castiel ship, and people ran with it. Since then a lot of LGBTQ people have come to their defense sharing pics with him while holding pride flags, or sharing coming out stories with him and getting words of encouragement. He also posted a message of support after the Pulse shooting. Plus his aunt is gay and he's supportive of that, so...

I don't think there's really anything there.
Id be dead tired of shipping questions after my first con let alone the bazillionth. It's all some people want to know about and they tend to be the most toxic fans.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
There would be video of this all over the place. Seems like BS to me.

VermillionA

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Lmao, cmon..

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
He's putting in that obligatory superhero workout and maybe wishing he'd stuck with another season of Supernatural, lol.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
This is peak my uncle works at Nintendo BS. For shame.

um no because I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything let alone that I have gamer leaks. I don't really care what anyone on this forum thinks of me or Jensen Ackles. I could be wrong but I just did a regular-ass thing which is opine on something based off what I said I knew which is that my best friend told me that he's given suspect answers to things at cons. But maybe she's over-sensitive to his comments and is biased? I didn't analyze before casually posting today. I didn't bother searching for his obscure comment. I didn't provide all this context because this is a casual video game forum; maybe I should have brought the receipts but I guess I forget this place is not like a real live conversation, people expect receipts for everything; also sometimes I forget this place fosters an outrage- and reaction-first mentality. That is actually brought up by multiple people as time goes on.

I mean this is the most notifications I've gotten and I post daily, for years, since the old place lol. I never thought it would be for a comment I'm at least being honest about lol.

Settle down, Era. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. Maybe I didn't try to "cancel" Jensen. Maybe I'm just a dumbass with opinions and don't know anything and spread dumbass shit. Is that what you want to hear? Lol fine. Everyone just take a breather or something. At least one or two of you got kinda condescending and maybe it's time to realize I'm just a regular guy behind a keyboard.

Edit: and since I have nothing to say anymore regarding the thread, I will gladly bow out if you all/mods need me too. ✌☺

Last edited:

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
um no because I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything let alone that I have gamer leaks. I don't really care what anyone on this forum thinks of me or Jensen Ackles. I could be wrong but I just did a regular-ass thing which is opine on something based off what I said I knew which is that my best friend told me that he's given suspect answers to things at cons. But maybe she's over-sensitive to his comments and is biased? I didn't analyze before casually posting today. I didn't bother searching for his obscure comment. I didn't provide all this context because this is a casual video game forum; maybe I should have brought the receipts but I guess I forget this place is not like a real live conversation, people expect receipts for everything; also sometimes I forget this place fosters an outrage- and reaction-first mentality. That is actually brought up by multiple people as time goes on.

I mean this is the most notifications I've gotten and I post daily, for years, since the old place lol. I never thought it would be for a comment I'm at least being honest about lol.

Settle down, Era. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. Maybe I didn't try to "cancel" Jensen. Maybe I'm just a dumbass with opinions and don't know anything and spread dumbass shit. Is that what you want to hear? Lol fine. Everyone just take a breather or something. At least one or two of you got kinda condescending and maybe it's time to realize I'm just a regular guy behind a keyboard.

Edit: and since I have nothing to say anymore regarding the thread, I will gladly bow out if you all/mods need me too. ✌☺
I don't think that's the point man, you're not saying "hmm I heard that he likes pineapple on pizza", saying thinks like that, they have weight and people will have responses to that, "this is just a casual video game forum" is not a excuse. You have to be careful with what you say, especially when you are talking about other people.