• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

E3SsXaCVcAgyBzu

E3SsXaCUcAoyIx8

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He looks good. I'm glad him and Jared Padalecki are getting work after Supernatural.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not ready for him to be spewing the foul stuff that Soldier Boy gets up to.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
The character screams that hes gonna get killed stupidly in the first couple episodes.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Thread Derail; Inflammatory Accusations
I have so much trouble with Jensen. As a gay man I think he's fiercely handsome and Supernatural is well-liked but he's also a big old homophobe from what I know so I try to ignore what he's up to.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Cool suit, combo of snake and cap. Don't recall the comic that much, been years, is this an OC for the show?

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I have so much trouble with Jensen. As a gay man I think he's fiercely handsome and Supernatural is well-liked but he's also a big old homophobe from what I know so I try to ignore what he's up to.
I tried to Google search his alleged homophobia but didn't find any credible results. Where did you get this info from?

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I like that design quite a bit. It evokes the green plastic figurine look really well.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The suit looks great!

My only issue is that Jensen Ackles has such a distinct look that I still can't unsee rugged Dean Winchester.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Boooo.

Really wanted them to keep the bright Captain America color scheme/aesthetic.

This doesn't really stand out at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to Google search his alleged homophobia but didn't find any credible results. Where did you get this info from?
Only thing I could find is he didn't want to engage in the Sam dean shipping stuff at cons when fans would ask questions about it. And that's like, the characters aren't gay. Just because there's a section of fandom that is into wincest doesn't mean he has to pander to it

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
now that's a color scheme I have rarely seen in comic book adaptations. morbidly curious about this character and Season 3 as a whole!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I could find is he didn't want to engage in the Sam dean shipping stuff at cons when fans would ask questions about it. And that's like, the characters aren't gay. Just because there's a section of fandom that is into wincest doesn't mean he has to pander to it
Also, they are brothers. I imagine there is a line between gay and incest.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017

Wait? Jensen's a homophobe? That's disappointing if true. I don't really follow his career or personal life. But what has he done?

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They're brothers. The fuck is wrong with people?

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Wait wait wait, can we please get receipts before tarnishing people's names?
It'd be a real shame if true, but I've never read anything about this.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Also, they are brothers. I imagine there is a line between gay and incest.

It wasn't about Sam and Dean. There was a Supernatural Con where the people in charge stated that there were to be no "shipping" questions. Rumors started that it came from Ackles because of the Dean and Castiel ship, and people ran with it. Since then a lot of LGBTQ people have come to their defense sharing pics with him while holding pride flags, or sharing coming out stories with him and getting words of encouragement. He also posted a message of support after the Pulse shooting. Plus his aunt is gay and he's supportive of that, so...

I don't think there's really anything there.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Before I dropped off the show(around S8 I think), I remember Dean having a slightly awkward interaction with a guy who didn't realize Dean wasn't gay and Dean doesn't really act insecure about it, even unclearly saying to Sam he "had a gay thing" without caring how that sounded, and I thought that was kinda cool at the time.

That's not hard proof of Ackles NOT being a homophobe but it'd be a little surprising if he was since, at that point, he'd have some input about what he wants to do on the show.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Wait wait wait, can we please get receipts before tarnishing people's names?
It'd be a real shame if true, but I've never read anything about this.

That's because it's bullshit.

But people can just randomly claim whatever they want about a person because they saw a tweet once without consequence so hey, why not claim someone hates gay people?

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Okay I just googled it and apparently they're going to adapt this. Christ, why.
Because other than being a notorious coward it's the only memorable thing the character does. For my thoughts it's one of the things from the comics I didn't hate and would love to see the symbol of patriotism following around Homelander like a lovelorn puppy wondering if his "audition" was good enough to get into the seven.

Plus the way Homelander and Stormfront got it on in season two on screen implicitly saying america was in bed with nazism makes him sucking off Homelander very appropriate for the points they make and the tone they make them with on the show.

EDIT: I assume you meant the interaction, if you mean they are adapting all of Herogasm than yeah, what the fuck and why.