• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
NewOGimage.jpg

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Jared Leto trying to be taken as seriously as Joaquin as the joker now?
Well Zack had to convince him, he said Jared kept asking why and held onto that. He probably was miffed and burned at the Ayer version and WB's edits, signed on before a script and seemed to take it very differently interviews beforehand.

That said I think they're shooting themselves in the foot hyping up more Joker when Zack already said they did what 4min of additional photography for this? I imagine he's not in all that either, so idk what they're goal is here lol. Jared did say he and Zack got a lot of plans in an interview recently idk if he is trying to springboard off this cameo in hopes to getting more Joker work with Zack or what.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
From article
In some of his Justice League scenes, Leto's Joker also sports a bulletproof vest festooned with grimy law enforcement badges. "He has tons of badges," Snyder said. "Those are his trophies."
Snyder.gif lol

Wait "some of his scenes"? Interesting Zack made it sound like he was only in one brief scene in another interview. Still, only 5min of additional photography, does he make up all that?

"I'd always wanted to explore the death of Robin," Snyder said. "And if there ever was going to be a next movie, which, of course, there probably won't be, I wanted to do a thing where in flashbacks we learn how Robin died, how Joker killed him and burned down Wayne Manor, and that whole thing that happened between he and Bruce."
well damn, should've did it smh

Last edited:

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
the thing I don't get about the Joker existing in this continuity is that Batman has no qualms about killing here

so shouldn't Joker be the first dude he killed?
Yes.

Which, among other reasons, is why Batman killing in BvS (and the other movies) is super dumb.

Almost especially so in the Snyder-verse though considering he killed Robin and burned the manor, which supposedly made Batman more brutal and open to murder. Just not with the guy who caused it all.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
They changed his hair when they finally got the clothes from the look he was clearly borrowing from in Suicide Squad.

EDAhsoMUYAAbp5b.jpg

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the looks pretty good but why does Snyder have to add bullshit like this 🤦‍♂️

"Snyder wouldn't elucidate on why the Joker's missing his literal body of work but did add that aside from the medical smock he's wearing, the Joker's costume includes a bulletproof vest filled with the badges of cops he's killed, so make of that what you will"

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I mean, the looks pretty good but why does Snyder have to add bullshit like this 🤦‍♂️

"Snyder wouldn't elucidate on why the Joker's missing his literal body of work but did add that aside from the medical smock he's wearing, the Joker's costume includes a bulletproof vest filled with the badges of cops he's killed, so make of that what you will"

Because if there's one thing Joker loves is remembering the people he killed like they matter instead of seeing them as mere tools for his "jokes"

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Per Vanity Fair, this iteration of the Joker appears to Ben Affleck's Batman in another one of those post-apocalyptic Darkseid dream sequences. Snyder says he always planned to eventually have this Joker and Batman share the screen, and being allowed to complete his cut of Justice League presented the opportunity to deliver some version of that. It's unclear how many minutes of the film's four-hour runtime will be devoted to Leto's Joker, whom the article describes as the "Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come," which is funny because Leto looks like the Ghost of Keith Raniere's Past.

When pressed further to explain himself, like a child being interrogated about his stick figure doodles, Snyder conceded that he also has no idea why Joker looks like that and cannot account for the absence of his face tats: "Who knows what's happened," Snyder said. "I don't know if he's wearing makeup, I don't know what's happening. It's hard to say exactly."

"I don't know what's happening. It's hard to say exactly." is a hell of a thing to say for a director of a millions of dollars 4 hour film.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I mean, it could also be that the joker is wearing make-up over the tattoos.

BigSkinny0310

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Dude, Snyder is wrapping some bacon around a well done steak. The original material is just plain bad. You can add an hour additional footage but we already know how the original turned out.
You're not watching the same movie. Joss reshot nearly the entire movie

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what this movie is supposed to be anymore.
It honestly sounds like Snyder realizes this is his last shot with DC so he's either...

1) Trying to cram as much of his planned vision into this one movie as he can.

2) Trying to play with as many of the toys as he can before they get taken away.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
"I don't know what's happening. It's hard to say exactly." is a hell of a thing to say for a director of a millions of dollars 4 hour film.

He literally gave you an answer.

He is wearing make up and covers the tattoos.

The reason Zack is unclear is because he figured then he'd have to explain why his teeth are normal in this. Which is the "oh shut up nerd he just got them fixed at some point whatever".

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
literally no one has seen the original version of this film lol. 90% of what came out in theaters was Whedon.
You're not watching the same movie. Joss reshot nearly the entire movie

www.rottentomatoes.com

Man of Steel

With the imminent destruction of Krypton, their home planet, Jor-El (Russell Crowe) and his wife seek to preserve their race by sending their infant son to Earth. The child's spacecraft lands at the farm of Jonathan (Kevin Costner) and Martha (Diane Lane) Kent, who name him Clark and raise him...
www.rottentomatoes.com

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

It's been nearly two years since Superman's (Henry Cavill) colossal battle with Zod (Michael Shannon) devastated the city of Metropolis. The loss of life and collateral damage left many feeling angry and helpless, including crime-fighting billionaire Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck). Convinced that...

It just being more Snyder isn't much of a vote of confidence.(And I've seen and disliked both these movies before you say anything.)

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for letting Leto give another crack at the role. I think the guy is a great actor when given the right material. Given, I don't know if Zach Snyder's material will be any better than David Ayer's but we'll find out.

It's still a tough sell getting me to sit down for 4 hours and watch this though.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Leto is a talented actor, but the vision for Joker in SS was off. I'm happy to see him get another shot, maybe this time he can nail it. If not... well, then i'll be convinced that it was never meant to be.

*edit* yeah I'm reminded of some of the bad stuff in his personal life. Sorry, forgot about that. It didn't get enough attention.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
"I don't know if he's wearing makeup " is what he said.

The director, who dictates every thing in the frame and script, does not know.

It's probably more coy than anything else. I think he just likes to give open-ended answers.

If you were to ask 'Does Supergirl exist in this universe?' he would probably respond 'Well, it seems unlikely that Superman and Zod's crew would be the only surviving Kryptonians. And, y'know, they've done tons of scouting missions - and they know what Earth is. And in Man of Steel there's a Kryptionian ship - Clark finds a Kryptionian ship on Earth, so how did that get there?' instead of 'No'.

Oct 27, 2017
You can call his vision for these characters a lot of things, but boring is certainly not one of them. It's not to my liking in any sense, but the man has a vision and as much as I think it's kind of a bad one he's certainly excited about it.