• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
becuase Iron Man had them in AoU
giphy.gif

it's funny because it's true

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
While I hated the tattoos I liked that Ayer made jokers skin white without it looked caked on (except during reshot scenes)

I think the idea is this is the traditional comic book version of the character whose skin is forever bleached white. The Phoenix and Ledger versions had normal skin and applied makeup.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Seems some folks will watch 4 hours of something they deemed trash months before it released just to snark....and that ish is odd.

I didn't know Ben had extra footage....that's legit exciting. Always up for seeing more of the best on film Batman.

I've never understood the hate for Snyder's DC films in general. They have their issues but overall I really like most of his creative decisions, even if they aren't necessarily the best choices for forging an expanded cinematic universe.

His stuff feels like the equivalent of 90's DC graphic novels. Maybe a bit too edgy at times but still in possession of their own aesthetics and sensibilities.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Ayers had the bleached skin. Now he looks like he applies makeup.

Or maybe still bleached skin but he applies the lipstick and eye liner?

Hard to tell in that photo.

I recall Alex Ross stating that he always imagined that the Joker had bleached skin but that everything else - the hair and the red lips - were of his own doing. I've always liked that interpretation.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like it.

As someone who didn't hate the original movie, I'm looking more and more forward to the Snyder cut.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Not expecting anything. Too bad because as much of a shit as Leto is I bet he could have been pretty good playing a Jason Todd-turned Joker.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly wouldn't guess that is him. Snyder doing it just because, cool or not getting it, him to a T.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm a fan.

Also weird to me to put so much effort into sequel teasing when even Snyder says a sequel probably isn't happening.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
So, Batman is imagining him without the tattoos because even he thinks they are fucking stupid, huh. I'm assuming he'll be "Imagining" him acting completely different to his personality in SS too, just to cement how much of a failure the character is in that movie.

Also fuck Jared Leto in general. And Amber Heard, who has also done shoots/is getting paid for this thing, too.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man. People just got a hate boner for DCEU around these parts don't they. Like it's no second coming of the christ but I thought this joker looks kind of scary and exciting but I see people still picking it apart. I guess low hanging fruit and all.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Leto looks better than he did in Suicide Squad, but holy hell was Joker bad in that movie. I'll give him another chance, but that was just about the worst possible take on the character. I'm hoping he's better this time around.

Note: This isn't throwing hate on the Snyder-verse. I think Man of Steel is okay and BvS has some moments. I do hate Suicide Squad, so this is more about SS than Snyder.

Last edited:

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
the thing I don't get about the Joker existing in this continuity is that Batman has no qualms about killing here

so shouldn't Joker be the first dude he killed?

good look though

Jul 10, 2020
From the article

Joker appears in the new film during a sequence set on a ruined Earth after the alien tyrant Darkseid invades and decimates the planet. It's a dream sequence, a psychic vision, experienced by Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne that reveals what will happen if the superheroes fail to stop the onslaught. Joker is sort of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come, supplying motivation through terror.

So that sounds so fucking terrible.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been to one of this dude's concert. It was... something

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Better. That's all that needs to be said. I didn't have an issue with Leto as joker but I had an issue with his writing and design.

Now the writing but I have low confidence in that.