• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Henry Cavill is British.

I was... referring... to the fact... he's known... for playing... Superman... AKA... an absolutely American superhero to the core, so much that he could compete with Captain America about who truly should be America's Ass.

Damn, didn't think I'd have to explain my joke but here we are :(

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I was... referring... to the fact... he's known... for playing... Superman... AKA... an absolutely American superhero to the core, so much that he could compete with Captain America about who truly should be America's Ass.

Damn, didn't think I'd have to explain my joke but here we are :(
Missed the joke lol sry

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God, I need to do more heavy squats. And then buy tighter pants. And a silver wig.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
This series gonna have next level "book readers being annoying" fandom, possibly even beating out GoT. It'll even have a 2nd tier of game players vs only those that watch the show.
Nah. As long as people can manage to understand that Witcher 3 Geralt isn't the only version of Geralt. The "this is wrong, only 1 sword!" thing is already getting pretty old.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Ultimate moustache Geralt
48173863537_1ec9c0a41f_o.png

48173863812_716587b00f_o.png

And here we go:

gEXwfcW.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. As long as people can manage to understand that Witcher 3 Geralt isn't the only version of Geralt. The "this is wrong, only 1 sword!" thing is already getting pretty old.

There were people quoting the dudes on the first page for a few pages, like they weren't the first people to quote them and tell them. There were circlejerky posts about it by page 3.

It is peak GoT style "I read the books!" posturing.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This series gonna have next level "book readers being annoying" fandom, possibly even beating out GoT. It'll even have a 2nd tier of game players vs only those that watch the show.
Well but it'll be justified because the "game players" are gamers, and as someone who read the books, reading the gamer comments are ten times more annoying because they are super narrow minded.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
There were people quoting the dudes on the first page for a few pages, like they weren't the first people to quote them and tell them. There were circlejerky posts about it by page 3.

On the other hand, the "only 1 sword" complaints got old by the end of the first page.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I might be misremembering but he does have two swords in the books.

Read them years ago so unsure about if he actually carries them both with him though.

He does have two swords in the books, but carries the silver one on his horse or keeps it with his luggage. He normally only carries the steel one.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Pictures look pretty decent. I'm going in expecting it to be meh because Netflix.

Geralt and Yennefer are gonna have a tough act to match that super entertaining chemistry from Witcher 3. Ciri I think will look spot on without the weird grain and color of the pictures (she looks a lot like Pavetta from the Polish movie lol) and I'm guessing they are going for the more vengeful punished teenage book Ciri rather than well adjusted and likable game Ciri.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada

There are people mentioning the sword on literally every page. It's really not. We all just need to agree that the show is doing its own thing and this isn't The Witcher 3 Video Game Netflix Show. No one is bragging about reading the books. Most are simply pointing out that Witcher 3 Geralt isn't the one that this Geralt is based on. If that's bragging about reading the books, then, okay?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yen looks great.

I'll never let go of the idea that Zach McGowan should have played Geralt, though.

MV5BMTY4Njc4ODE5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTIyOTY2MDE@._V1_SY1000_SX1500_AL_.jpg

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
i hate online fandoms. I think they all look pretty great. They are all soo fucking attractive. Especially that Yen actor. Holy cow.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ciri looks much younger than she did in TW3. How old was she in the books? If anything I assumed they'd make her older not younger.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Netflix backs this up with solid budget. Looks great till now. I want my new epic series!

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ciri looks much younger than she did in TW3. How old was she in the books? If anything I assumed they'd make her older not younger.
Like 7 when she first appears.
12 ish in first book
Then 2nd book to last book 15/16/17/18 ish.

For book readers, I hope they do this scene justice:

qp3qmj7gq2u21.jpg

The games did a bad job in communicating just how fucking cool Ciri is.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't shake this feeling that it's going to be a pretty significant reinterpretation of these characters. Ciri's pretty much guaranteed.

How can Ciri possibly develop that obsessive familial bond with two people she barely knew if she had a chance to grow up before she met them? There's SO MUCH about this story that hinges on her being a kid.
Is Yennefer just going to one day decide that she's the de facto parent of a young adult?

I was guessing that they'd age her up in Season 2 by extending her stay at Kaer Morhen for longer than 2 years and a more significant amount of time at Thanedd, but if Ciri already looks like this where she's be 10 or less in the short stories, I feel like they're going to have to rush straight through her stay with each of her "parents."

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
12 ish in first book

qp3qmj7gq2u21.jpg

Yeah, that's reserved for the final season, no way they're gonna get all the way to the last novel in just one season, my guess is that the first couple of episodes are gonna be the most important short stories from "The Last Wish" and "Sword of Destiny" and that the last couple of episodes are gonna be an intro to the events of the first novel, after that, maybe each season is gonna be one to two novels, so around 4/5 seasons if they do it right, if it becomes a huge hit, watch them milk it to death.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
This was a big complaint about most of the kids in GoT as well. But a lot of stuff is very hard to film if kids are too young.

I guess you are right, Arya actress was 14 when the first season aired and she was supposed to be... 8/9? Still, she did look like a 10 year old kid.
I don't think Ciri looks like a 10 year old in these photos but let's see what happens.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
12 ish in first book

qp3qmj7gq2u21.jpg

She's around 15 at the end of the series (Vysogota guesses she's around 16).

Murder Kid Ciri is cool, but she's at her best during the cutesy slice of life phase of the early novels. Can't believe they're going to skip over that part. Those were her best years. :(

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Would actually be useful if the mods edited the op with al the right book info that videogame only people are complaining at nauseaum.

Most book readers (like myself) are liking what they are seeing. Is only game players the ones that are having a problen with looks, beards and swords, and isntead of reading and informing themselves, time and time again they are hitting the same shit complaints like a wall from Takeshi's castle, and then falling into the mud just to hit the wall again.
Like, couldnt even people read the frist few pages page before posting? I know hot takes are like shit to flies for a lot of people, but lets have some common sense.

She's around 15 at the end of the series (Vysogota guesses she's around 16).

Murder Kid Ciri is cool, but she's at her best during the cutesy slice of life phase of the early novels. Can't believe they're going to skip over that part. Those were her best years. :(

Wouldnt surprise me the slice of life parts are still there. Some of the episodes we already know from the first season come from Sword of Destiny. How they are going to work with an older Ciri than the books (although still young) we will still need to see. Hope the actress is good.

Deleted member 23908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow geralt looks awesome, looks like hes wearing kear morhen armor from witcher 3 my favorite. Not feeling yen though she looked perfect in the witcher 3 so probably not a fair comparison

18E6E4CE6644234AB2234111978A2D569D0CE09A

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Yeah, that's reserved for the final season, no way they're gonna get all the way to the last novel in just one season, my guess is that the first couple of episodes are gonna be the most important short stories from "The Last Wish" and "Sword of Destiny" and that the last couple of episodes are gonna be an intro to the events of the first novel, after that, maybe each season is gonna be one to two novels, so around 4/5 seasons if they do it right, if it becomes a huge hit, watch them milk it to death.

Seasons? I thought this was a movie :O