• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I don't expect much so I'd like to be pleasantly surprised

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
will be very interested. wonder if this will be just like a general fluff video with a little bit of behind the scenes shots of people working in engine or if there will actually be some gameplay footage shown :)

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
This is clearly a dev diary like showing.

I would not expect a 5-10 minute gameplay video or anything like that.

Think back to showings of the Visceral SW game before it got cancelled, think back to the Dragon Age 4 showing where devs spoke in front of the camera talking about ideas for the game.

I think if there was a gameplay trailer to show, it would have been attached to the EA play event 5-6 weeks ago.

OP
OP
m4st4

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They also included fans of the original game to participate in the process of making this game and it is clearly a labor of love for them.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be like the Dragon Age 4 things prolly and nothing of note. I hope I am wrong.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Always a risky ride with remakes. Change too much and fans won't like it, change too little (especially with a game that still looks nice) and people wonder why it was remade.

Hope they can win me over

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ron Swanson's unimpressed grumpy resting bitch face sums up how I feel about this remake, so let's see what they have to show for themselves...

ThreadbareGrimHound-max-1mb.gif

onlyTangerine

Oct 27, 2017
Going in with low expectations. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see anything more than concept art and maybe some off-screen video of something a modeler is tinkering with.

And no shade toward the remake, but while Dead Space is being worked on again, can somebody just go ahead and flip whatever switches need to be flipped in order to unlock the resolution and framerates of the original games for XSX/1X BC? Thx.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going in with low expectations. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see anything more than concept art and maybe some off-screen video of something a modeler is tinkering with.

And no shade toward the remake, but while Dead Space is being worked on again, can somebody just go ahead and flip whatever switches need to be flipped in order to unlock the resolution and framerates of the original games for XSX/1X BC? Thx.
It's a stream, so I'm assuming it's the developers showing an early build live.

I can imagine the anxiety because lots of things can go wrong...

data

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. Looking forward to this week.

This tomorrow, midnight suns the day after.

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Old man yelling at the clouds moment: it's saddening that we can't seem te get rough footage these days without a massive backlash. I love early in-development footage, the rougher/experimental, the better. But to many titles have f**ed it up in the past, + the audience is way bigger and seem less savvy then it used to.

So I'm not expecting anything juicy from this 'reveal'

Boomstick75

Banned
May 7, 2021
I'm trying desperately to not get too hyped up about this remake, because I loved the first two games so much.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they stick close to the overall atmosphere of the first one. And if so, what they intend with the franchise. It got more and more action focused over time, plus whatever they tried to do with 3. Would be nice to have the remake series stick closer to the survival horror elements.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Matching the efforts which were put into the original game's sound design is going to be way more important than anything they show in video or picture format.

The Ishimura was alive.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for some posters to zoom in 20x and talk about a random bad texture of something in development.

But besides that I'm fucking excited, dead space 1 was one of my first platinum trophies on ps3.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
The potential for this game to be amazing is really exciting. I want the Ishimura to come alive, high quality sound design with atmos support, and I'd like the game to be darker than the original, and make better use of lighting.

Also, it doesn't hurt to have Isaac fully voiced.