• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
It's $30 USD. https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/crysis-remastered-switch/

No need to apologize, I'm genuinely curious what prompted you to ask that question. You're not the only person to ask things like that when it comes to Switch getting games.
It had nothing to do with the Switch, it's just that last I heard about Crysis, people seemed to be disappointed with the series and I wasn't sure if the game series was all that well-liked. That, and Crysis is "ancient" in gaming years, so I just kinda thought that the port was kinda unnecessary.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Now this looks like I was expecting. Looks like a pretty impressive port. The more powerful console's version looks a bit disappointing.

Uncharted 1, a 2007 game, look awful compared to this, that's what I'm implying. Crysis was well ahead of the time when it released.

It didn't look awful by any means, but Crysis was the benchmark. I feel like, in terms of vegetation, Horizon Forbidden West looks like the crysis successor. Some truely beautiful foliage on display in that game's trailer.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It had nothing to do with the Switch, it's just that last I heard about Crysis, people seemed to be disappointed with the series and I wasn't sure if the game series was all that well-liked. That, and Crysis is "ancient" in gaming years, so I just kinda thought that the port was kinda unnecessary.

It's a remaster coming to all platforms. If your question is why is this game being remastered then I'm not sure what the answer is, besides the fact that people will presumably buy it.

Naythan

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Doesn't look great but for those who only own a switch and want to give it a go, it seems like it will at least be serviceable.

I'm sure I will get a good few hours out of it while my wife has her suitors over.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look great. I guess if it runs at a locked 30fps that will be something.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Me and Crysis in bed on that lovely switch. Mmm

Looks about what I have expected from a handheld.

Dec 23, 2017
I mean, it looks like Crysis. What did people expect? Fully ray-traced in 4k and modded PC ultra settings?
Yeah. People come in every switch port thread and have the same reactions. I personally think it looks amazing and it will be an easy day 1 for me. I hope they bring the other ones down the road. Switch has so much potential for what it can offer core gamers. Excited about this.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Why does this look better than those screenshots from the Xbone version v?

And no I'm not saying this to rile people up I'm like kinda confused what happened here

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good! Im buying on xbox one x for that 4k goodness but ill definitely pick this version up on a sale

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The screenshots look really good. Sure, some compromises here and there, but it'd be crazy to expect it to look just like the other versions. I wonder if it's a locked or near locked 30 fps.

Dec 23, 2017
First comparison video here:

I love the honesty actually. Always wonder why developers and publisher didn't put out trailers to show switch version. More time than often switch games gets a gameplay trailer like a couple weeks before release. Let people know up front this is what you are getting with the switch version compared to the other versions.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
Will there ever be a Switch port thread without people saying "looks better on PS4/XB1", or do they need to state the obvious in every thread?

That trailer/screenshots look pretty nice btw, didn't expect less from Saber.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Switch is bad on AF. Also, Crysis is distinctive for its lack of AF, even on PC max. Is an engine limitation of the original game that I hope the remaster for PC can fix.
It sort of did support AF. It only didn't work when parallax occlusion mapping was enabled. I think later games (or later cryengine iterations) solved this so it shouldn't be an issue now

Holy cow, those jaggies on the tentacles. You could practically use them as stairs.
Looks cleaner at least than some games that recently came out on the Switch

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Welp, this thread is going a little better than the last one. At least no one here is trying to make claims that the remaster could pass as an OG Xbox game.

This looks terrible, why would anyone want to play this on switch is beyond me

Revisiting an old classic on the go is a huge value prop for me and many others... as has been the case for the last three + years of the Switch's life. But sure, go off.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't really judge this from such a bad quality trailer but it certainly looks worse than when I played it back then on my old ass PC which was definitely weaker than a Switch.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, that looks like Crysis to me!
I'll be interested to see gameplay footage.