• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
f6bacee18417d46a1e5171fadbdf84cf5e98481d026d5f337360e1be7320109f.jpg

Holy cow, those jaggies on the tentacles. You could practically use them as stairs.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the reactions range from "looks amazing!" to "looks horrible!"

It's a Switch thread indeed.

Trailer is definitely the Switch version, compare it to the PC one we saw earlier:

www.gematsu.com

Crysis Remastered launches July 23 [Update 2: Delayed]

Crysis Remastered will launch for for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on July 23, according to a newly surfaced Microsoft Store listing.

Yeah there are definitely big differences in the trailers beyond the resolution too, it appears to be the Switch version for real.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno guys. This doesn't look particularly great. We will see how it plays.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
this looks really good, nice to see it coming on the same day as other versions!

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Watch the trailer on eshop itself. Seems OK to me on the switch screen. And on the tv it looks resonable , I first saw it on youtube from another channel and it was blocky as hell.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how the reactions range from "looks amazing!" to "looks horrible!"

It's a Switch thread indeed.

Probably because anyone with a brain realises the limitations that come with a console that uses under 15 watts of electricity in docked mode versus current gen consoles that use ~200 watts and PC's that use 400+ watts.

You can't compare Switch to other standard consoles it's just ridiculous. It's one of the reasons DF comparing Switch versions of games to Xbox One X versions is so laughable...

For the limitations Switch has, this looks phenomenal.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Trailer gives me low bitrate video vibes.
The one linked in here is definitely low quality. I still think IQ is going to be less than great, espescially looking at the screens, but honestly, again, my bar here is the 360 version. If they're closer to locked 30 fps than that version, with graphics that look like the screens? That's great.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and TW3, this further cements that Saber Interactive is the top tier Switch porting studio right now

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Looks awful, this one in particular:

e20dcb3832b1173e0714fde093af8dd834d16165533349e74016a74e603227b4.jpg

The aliasing, the low resolution textures, lack of anisotropic filtering evident on the beach etc. I realise it's Switch but it's still more capable than this. Especially at only 720p (assuming docked).

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020
For what it's worth, this is a huge step forward for Nintendo's Switch, as more and more third parties are supporting the console.

Circa Wii U days we'd never see the light of day with these types of games. We should all be grateful

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

e20dcb3832b1173e0714fde093af8dd834d16165533349e74016a74e603227b4.jpg

The aliasing, the low resolution textures, lack of anisotropic filtering evident on the beach etc. I realise it's Switch but it's still more capable than this. Especially at only 720p (assuming docked).
Compare it to the 360 version and I think it compares very favorably.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The video doesn't look good, but it might be the youtube upload. For example, at the 0:57 mark there is probably an idea of yellowish grass, but instead it's one big yellow smear. It's either like 144p native or the youtube upload is messing it up...

I'll wait for an official upload before giving my judgment. The still screens in the OP look decent, so I'm doubtful the video is a good representation.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it looks like Crysis. What did people expect? Fully ray-traced in 4k and modded PC ultra settings?

I sometimes do wonder, at times, it feels like just having a bit of fun for their own benefit and talking down to a game they know they won't get and just being negative rather than looking at it objectively.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017

Switch is bad on AF. Also, Crysis is distinctive for its lack of AF, even on PC max. Is an engine limitation of the original game that I hope the remaster for PC can fix.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So is it good that the Switch version looks like the Xbox version, or is it bad that the Xbox version looks like the Switch version?
or maybe ...they're all the same version and they're just reusing the PR assets for all the store platforms, like most other games also do.

pretty gun-jumpey to post these as "first look at switch version" ... Nibel should know better :)

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Bit soft, but looking fine to me.

Then again, there is the fact that Crysis wasn't a very interesting game and is more notable for being a statistic on GPU benchmark tests.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
For what it's worth, this is a huge step forward for Nintendo's Switch, as more and more third parties are supporting the console.

Circa Wii U days we'd never see the light of day with these types of games. We should all be grateful

They had Crysis 3 almost done for Wii U until EA pulled their unprecedented chair out from under their ass.