• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
review translations:

1st reviewer: The diorama-styled graphics and the comical movements match well with the world setting unique to this game, which also has appearances of many guests from other titles. There are few explanations and hints; if you have grown familiar with very beginner-friendly games of recent times, some of the puzzles may be difficult to understand. However, the "fun of getting through things" such as defeating strong enemies or using items in your possession to solve puzzles is that of a Zelda game after all. In the "Panel Dungeon" you can not only pick up on themes but also freely create your own, which is good. 9
2nd reviewer: While remaking the original work politely, they are also matching with the current era as it becomes easier to play and leaves a good impression. The cute graphics, that feel like figures, are also nice. The characteristics not in other Zelda series, such as the story that has a unique taste and the appearances of characters from Nintendo's other titles, are appeals that do not fade even now. The new feature "Panel Dungeon" gives rewards when you clear them, and creating dungeons in accordance with the themes is also fun. 9
3rd reviewer: Playing it while already knowing the conclusion enveloped me with a mysterious sensation as the way I see the world changes from the beginning. While setting expectations of a spinoff, the moderately challenging puzzle-solving action from eagle-eye view made me say "This is The Zelda game!" The music is also very charming. As it is being remade again, I feel like I wanted to see it evolved a bit more, but I also think the seasoning is just right. 9
4th reviewer: My playthrough never gets stuck even at places where I might get stuck; with the timing of the exquisite new story developments happening, I completely lost the point where I can suspend. Indeed, just like past action games, as long as you're not concerned with the sensation of controlling Link and the enemy movements that feel like moving in grids, you should be able to enjoy even normal battles with the gist of a puzzle. There are also highlights to see all over the place, for example: the expressions becoming richer, but on the contrary the screen effects add a more blurred taste. 8

removed a sentence from the 3rd review cuz of spoilers.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
I don't have a Switch so no, but yeah I don't pay for games based on budget. What a bizarre position to have lol.

Is not like ''oh they only spend 1 million on creating the game, i'll buy it cheap'' it's the quality who reflects on a game who has limited budget vs one who has AAA budget.

There's a lot of games who has a limited budget and they're amazing, but i won't spend $60 on a game who maybe is unpolished, has bad optmization, the graphics doesn't looks great for a $60 game, etc..

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Basing the price of a game on the used budget is as smart as trying to base the price on the file size.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
game prices aren't decided based on budget or duration. your would think people would know that by now.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first switch purchase in a while. One of the only games along with Pokémon blue I had for my game boy color. I remember getting stuck and never finishing it. Plan to this time. Love the art style they went with

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
But this is a thread about Link's Awakening

And? there's no previews who can say the quality of the remake and for me, the graphics looks okay/average.

I don't understand the correlation between a game's (or any media's) budget and the value proprosition to me.

It's not like I'm buying a car.

And it's okay, veryone is free to spends wehatever they want on a game, everything i said was on my perspective, because i find unworthy to pay $60 on a AA game.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
part of me really wishes they'd added some truly substantial new content to this remake

the other part of me is going to buy it immediately because it's Link's Awakening
If they would have made this a 40 buck game then everybody would have been happy. I could see a lot of critics point that out.
People might give you shit for this, but I agree with you. Link's Awakening is one of my favorite games, I think it's really creative, and its small size works to it's benefit because exploring the entire world and finding everything feels very obtainable.

That said, I have a hard time telling others that it's worth $60. The game is short, even if you 100% it, it's still shorter than most Zelda games. There's no added dungeons or items in this. No new sections of the game.

It's very pretty, but $60 is a lot of money for what is ultimately a Gameboy game. A really good Gameboy game, but still a Gameboy game.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And? there's no previews who can say the quality of the remake and for me, the graphics looks okay/average.
Well, the game was already phenomenal when it looked like this:

NervousUncommonHerculesbeetle-max-1mb.gif

People might give you shit for this, but I agree with you. Link's Awakening is one of my favorite games, I think it's really creative, and its small size works to it's benefit because exploring the entire world and finding everything feels very obtainable.

That said, I have a hard time telling others that it's worth $60. The game is short, even if you 100% it, it's still shorter than most Zelda games. There's no added dungeons or items in this. No new sections of the game.

It's very pretty, but $60 is a lot of money for what is ultimately a Gameboy game. A really good Gameboy game, but still a Gameboy game.
It's honestly worth $60 to play the game without having to open the menu to change your equipment every 10 steps. The biggest problem with the original is that the Game Boy didn't have enough buttons.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's a remake that stays faithful for the original. Everyone already knows it's good. As for the graphics I was just being snarky, I know some people don't like how it looks. Personally, it's probably my favorite Zelda in terms of aesthetics.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Hmm while I love the Zelda series and think this may be a cool way to experience the game (I do like the graphics after all), I am kind of wondering how much I'd miss out by just getting the $6 version on the 3DS and calling it a day. I do have vouchers but am interested in other things as well.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Hmm while I love the Zelda series and think this may be a cool way to experience the game (I do like the graphics after all), I am kind of wondering how much I'd miss out by just getting the $6 version on the 3DS and calling it a day.
You'd basically just miss out on the dungeon creator minigame (and gain a photo album). Everything else seems to be virtually 1:1 with Link's Awakening DX.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Hmm while I love the Zelda series and think this may be a cool way to experience the game (I do like the graphics after all), I am kind of wondering how much I'd miss out by just getting the $6 version on the 3DS and calling it a day. I do have vouchers but am interested in other things as well.
The biggest difference is that the interface in the original is pretty annoying, you constantly have to go to the menu to change ítems and the game tells you things all the time when you can or can't do something. I'm pretty sure thats fixed now.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Its not much about the review imo. As long as you know what you are getting in to in the end and liked the OG this game will be ACES.

My 2d Zeldas:

LTTP - LTTP RETURNS - LA - OG ZELDA - CAPCOM TITLES - Offshoots

If you are remotely interested in a fun ride (iirc game could be beaten in a day if you knew how to beat it) get it imo.

Game offers new music, beautiful graphics and is a classic in the franchise. Is it one of the best Zelda games? Probably not but it was never known to be, its always been one of the better journeys though!

Status
Not open for further replies.