• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
hope the plastic on those analog sticks isnt the kind that gets slimy over the years. cuz thats totally what happens to the ds4 v2 sticks.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Oh lawd he sensin". Not a fan of the two-tone from this angle either. Only a matter of time before other colours are available though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Probably 3D printed (the share and start button look off) , but eh not like we don't know what it looks like.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The video here if you want to see :)

At most I can see a side view of the lower part of the grip nubs. Looking at my Steam Controller the same way shows a bit of the grip buttons but the part I touch and activate it with is very high up, and a big portion of the back cover is what the Steam Controller's grip button is made of.

vhp8f7P.jpg

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
I dont wanna be the guy who over analyzes these pics but it almost looks like its floating above the hand. Like, the handles arent even resting on anything.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Oof... I mean, I guess it's not as bad as "Joy Con"

I am curious if they opted for that name over "Dual Shock" because they thought it would make it sound sound less like a marital aid or more like one
The dualshock was called that due to the two rumble motors on the handles. The DualSense's haptics are different, so the DualShock name wouldn't make much sense.

it now sounds even more like a sex toy

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oof... I mean, I guess it's not as bad as "Joy Con"

I am curious if they opted for that name over "Dual Shock" because they thought it would make it sound sound less like a marital aid or more like one
Dual shock name was because of rumble motors which this controller doesn't have. It has haptic feedback for sensing more type of feedbacks than just one.

COSMEFULANITO

Jun 9, 2020
Looks great, thanks for the Vita feeling of the front buttons. Have we seen the Xbox controller in real life?

data

Oct 25, 2017
Need a banana for scale. I have no idea how big that person's hand is supposed to be and the background gives no reference as well

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Why do I get the feeling this d-pad is going to be perfect and even surpass the Vita's d-pad?

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
At most I can see a side view of the lower part of the grip nubs. Looking at my Steam Controller the same way shows a bit of the grip buttons but the part I touch and activate it with is very high up, and a big portion of the back cover is what the Steam Controller's grip button is made of.

vhp8f7P.jpg

I was thinking it might be like this. That video doesn't show a clear shot of the back then again it doesn't make sense to not talk about it. I suspect it's not there but will be an add-on, sadly.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Its not much larger than a dualshock 4, the image is from a very weird upclose perspective, very typical of a cellphone camera, so that or the guy that 3dprinted it totally misinterpreted the size

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I have tiny hands so i hope its not too big for me. DS4 was the perfect size.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
That's a chonky boy, but I'm all for it. The DualShock always felt a bit small to me.

I think back-button folks need to give up already though. Unless there's a touch panel or something back there I don't see it happening.
I've eternally given up on back buttons as standard on controllers until they very clearly are. I expect the DS5 to have an attachment like the DS4 just got but hope to hell it has 4 buttons and not just 2.

That or let me use my DS4 on the PS5 so I can keep using my modded DS4s on it for Destiny and such.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
people talking about the size, hey I can make my dusty ass DS4 look massive too, its all angles and field of view.
9x3HBJB.png

JjA4rlY.jpg

note my hands are fairly large, so its not really that big