• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

falconhoof17

Jul 12, 2019
at last! absolutely cannot wait for this, me and my sister have been playing lego games together since childhood and star wars was always our favourite.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
9krruxyc8w221.gif

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for this. I loved the original Lego Star Wars games, and I can't wait to see how they finally changed up the Lego gameplay.

Oct 29, 2017
Feels like this game has been radio silent for a looong time now. I think it's going to be a leap forward in gameplay and not just another iteration of the Lego game formula [nothing wrong with formula btw, I love Lego games], and I'm excited to see it.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything they talked about for this game has sounded fairly ambitious so I'm really excited to see how it all looks.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
People who are excited, can I ask why?

I promise, no hate. I play Dynasty Warriors and get side-eye all the time. I'm just curious what you enjoy about these games enough to feel active excitement for another? To me, they're cute, but a bit all the same.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Feels like a forever ago that I saw the theater demo of this at E3. LEGO video game fans should be happy with this one.

But don't expect some kind of crazy revolution in how these kinds of games play.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Still hoping for no VA/Pre-Lego Batman 2 cutscenes, but I'm not expecting it at all.

Genuinely excited for this either way!

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
So, Is this all WB Games is gonna show?
No Injustice 3 or Monolith makes me kinda sad.
Also, does this count as one of the new game reveals?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I promise, no hate. I play Dynasty Warriors and get side-eye all the time. I'm just curious what you enjoy about these games enough to feel active excitement for another? To me, they're cute, but a bit all the same.

For me it's the blend of simple action and puzzles with tons of collectibles that just make them really fun, lighthearted games to plays. I also genuinely laugh at least a few times during each one from either a cutscene or just something in a level I come across, which is always a nice surprise.

With this one specifically they're seemingly massively changing up the formula of these games, so that's also exciting.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
For the love of all that's holy, please let this game have some challenge. I hate how easy all of them are.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
For me it's the blend of simple action and puzzles with tons of collectibles that just make them really fun, lighthearted games to plays. I also genuinely laugh at least a few times during each one from either a cutscene or just something in a level I come across, which is always a nice surprise.

With this one specifically they're seemingly massively changing up the formula of these games, so that's also exciting.
These games are honestly usually really fun

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020

They ARE very simplistic, not very challenging, and samey. But yeah,t hey're cute, often times very funny and relaxing to play. I obsess over the collectibles, especially since there's usually something tied to 100% completion like a secret level or a fun little cutscene, etc.

For me personally, they've been a way to bond with my son. It's the first type of game that he didn't find too confusing or difficult and one that we can enjoy and play together. We've played through most of the lego games actually, the main exceptions are properties he doesn't like or know anything about like Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings, as well as Star wars. He's not really a fan, but I'm hoping we cna get into this one. We've had a blast witht he Batman games and even got into the Lego City and Lego city undercover games.

And Pirates was out first gaming experience together so that's going into the memory vault for the rest of my life.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I have only played Lego star wars back on the PSP... this one piqued my interest

Look forward to watching this once I get home tomorrow!

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

My exact sentiment. I grew up with Star Wars and Lego but I can't say I have ever enjoyed any of these games. I'd rather it was the same level
ambition but with it actually looking like the movies. With modelled characters like in Battlefront rather a Lego version of everything.

Nov 2, 2017
Should be cool. Still fondly remember firing up the original Lego Stars Wars (PT) back on my PS2 and loving it.

Valid question and looks like you received some good responses. I do think there is some type of gaming "drip" appeal. Something about light puzzles, collecting bricks/studs, watching (usually) entertaining cutscenes ... while normally mixed in with varied, satisfying action. Well, satisfying by Lego game standards if that is your thing.

However, there is definitely plenty of samey-ness and for me, I dropped off some when they removed the mime/no dialogue approach and added open world. Mind you, most of that has been very well implemented (one of my sons loves anything with open world Marvel) but I probably still consider the early Star Wars games and the first Indiana Jones and Batman Lego games the best ones. Granted, the original Marvel game is really cool.