• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Barbie episode right now.... What's going on with that chair behind the former ceo?

Edit:
Whoa, I had no clue Jem vs Barbie was a thing! Definitely would've rooted for Jem in that instance.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Barbie episode right now.... What's going on with that chair behind the former ceo?

Edit:
Whoa, I had no clue Jem vs Barbie was a thing! Definitely would've rooted for Jem in that instance.

What I found most interesting in the Barbie episode was how the different woman they interviewed thought of Barbie. The gaudy CEO just viewed Barbie as an American woman and what all little girls aspired to be (very traditional) while the one historian lady approached it from a more progressive perspective.

Anyone thinking this is just a nostalgia cash grab should really re-consider, it's incredibly informative.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I felt bad for the guy who initially pitched GI Joe to Hasbro and chose 100K and no royalties instead of the 50K and 1% royalties which would've netted him tens of millions of dollars.

Furiousone

Oct 29, 2017
Watched SW, He-Man and Joe yesterday. Saving Barbie for the wife. All have been interesting and I agree that He-Man is the stand out. This has been a great nostalgia trip, can't wait for more!

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the He-Man episode was great. I pretty much had the opposite reaction to the She-Ra line, I wanted to play with those toys with my Masters, but gender shaming forbid it. I had to play with my cousin's She-Ra at her house when nobody was looking.

Overall a nice appetizer for the Power of Grayskull documentary, which I hope will be out soon.

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of the joke-y tone and the snappy voice over. But i loved the three I watched (still has Barbie left)

Can't wait for Turtles

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Watched every episode yesterday, can't wait for the rest to come out (especially the one on Transformers). The He-Man toys looked really cool, and I owned a few figures from the early 2000's revival line. They were fun, though I was mostly into GI Joe (really anything military, and primarily the 12 inch figures) and Transformers (also owned a lot of official Toy Story figures when I had a Toy Story phase). Still, the thought of playing with those classic He-Man figures, that variety tho, is already throwing my inner child's imagination into overdrive.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
"We were psychological terrorists, I think, with He-man."
"We burned it into their little pea brains."
LOL, you are not fucking kidding. Great series, thanks for the heads-up.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Only watched the MotU episode since I don't care too much about the others, but that was thoroughly interesting and entertaining. Here's hoping for more episodes.

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"He-Man and The Masters of Bullshit"

Seriously, those guys should be politicians.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I couldn't believe that Barbie who's boobs grew. Like why would you make that lol.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
I've been following their social media for months now. Had some brief interactions with the show creators a couple times.

This show is going to be awesome.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the Star Wars one and loved it. More a kid of the early 90s so this one is a bit before me but I want to see episodes on Lego, NES/SNES, and especially TMNT. Especially this mini playset thing which I loved.
tmnt.jpg

I had another one of these which I can not remember what toy brand it belong to but it was like an island of sorts and was the same concept. Also I'll take an episode on Tiger Electronics and all those fun handheld games they made.
6393056437_64e11aaea4.jpg

Edit: Also what the producer hopes for in a season two:

There's no confirmation for Season 2, but what toys would you explore if you had the opportunity?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hot Wheels, Batman/Superman, ThunderCats, Dungeons & Dragons, My Little Pony, M.A.S.K., Power Rangers. I'd love to do Robotech. I'd love to do McDonald's Happy Meals. McDonald's has played a huge role in the history of toys. It was McDonald's that made Hello Kitty popular in the United States

Last edited:

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
Yoooo! We got pre-orders.

This is a fun watch after finishing up wrapping a bunch of plastic toys. :)

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the Star Wars one and loved it. More a kid of the early 90s so this one is a bit before me but I want to see episodes on Lego, NES/SNES, and especially TMNT. Especially this mini playset thing which I loved.
tmnt.jpg

Googling pictures of these, as well as Mighty Max and Micro Machine stuff led me to discover Micro Machines is STILL making those Star Wars playsets. I had a bunch of these things when I was a kid. Crazy.

ap8kZBs.jpg

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're on the subject, what the hell happened to Netflix' documentary section? There's like a dozen or so there. It's practically a ghost town.

Oct 25, 2017
Googling pictures of these, as well as Mighty Max and Micro Machine stuff led me to discover Micro Machines is STILL making those Star Wars playsets. I had a bunch of these things when I was a kid. Crazy.

ap8kZBs.jpg
Episode 1 was the last time until they brought them back with TFA and Rogue One,
Hasbro however killed them off again.

Hasbro people even made jokes out of them at a few panels this year.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, just finished watching it the first four episodes. This was really great, lots of memories came flooding up. I imagine Transformers and TMNT will be in the next four episodes. I wonder what else though. Lego?

Rukes

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, just finished watching it the first four episodes. This was really great, lots of memories came flooding up. I imagine Transformers and TMNT will be in the next four episodes. I wonder what else though. Lego?

Transformers, Star Trek, Hello Kitty and LEGO are the next 4.

Echolocation

Oct 27, 2017
Edit:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I'm guessing it's about Barbie and the Rockers. Mattel must have seen Jem as a real threat to Barbie.

"He-Man and The Masters of Bullshit"

Seriously, those guys should be politicians.

What was in there was literally the tip of the iceberg. The tiff between the creators could have filled hours; they really don't like each other.

Can't wait for the Transformers episode!

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Born in 79, skipped right to the He-Man episode.
"Psychological terrorists". Oh my childhood, on Christmas morning no less. Bunch of drunken perv suits coming up with sexual innuendo power driven fantasy. Can't say i was surprised. Loved those toys. Guess it's time for GI Joe...

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
One of my most frustrating childhood experiences was the fact that it seems I was the only one around who knew that Barbies knees where moveable. So many girls started to cry and yell at me because they thought I broke their dolls. Got even a teacher mad.

Oct 29, 2017
Star Wars and Barbie still being hallmark properties made their episodes seems a little bit more serious in hindsight after the He-Man episode. All the old guys involved we're a riot.